Car Rental in Bangkok

Bay Area Girl

You know they drive like shi on the wrong side of the road, there are no traffic rules and Bangkok traffic makes LA look like the Indy 500, yes?

Why would you want a car in the big mango.

PS @Thainess Bangkok rocks. If you can take it there you can make it anywhere.

20 hours ago, Thainess said:

Why on earth would you want to rent a car in Bangkok? I can't think of any good reason except if you wanted to leave Bangkok, which would be an extremely good decision. It's a dirty, smelly hole!

That's really helpful.  Now run along and play somewhere else.

Hi,

Does anyone know of a decent car rental place in Bangkok?  Would like to rent an economy size car for a month or so?

Thanks for any suggestions.

I have always had good results renting with these guys:  https://www.thairentacar.com/index.php/en/

Never done a long term rental though, only a few days at a time.   But cars are good, price is good, and you can collect from the airport or from their office on Petchburi Road.

I am sure there are lots of other options, but there's one for you.  Ignore the negative morons who say you shouldn't even come here.  Come here and have a great time, but if you haven't driven in Bangkok before be aware it is not for the faint hearted at all.

Stick with the well known companies that provide insurance. Though I also wonder why you would want to drive here, unless you want to go out of town? If on vacation in Bangkok, taxis are cheap and we have a useful Skytrain and Underground service.

I have rented many cars from Avis in Sathorn.
Very professional, easy to deal with and very accommodating.
A few years ago, a Thai female decided for no apparent reason to turn sharply in front of me and caused considerable damage.
I immediately phoned Avis, the assessors arrived quickly and sorted everything out.
So, if you want to hire a vehicle, deal with Avis

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

There is a company advertising on 107FM called something like bizcarrentals.  They suggest you download their app and book a rental that way.  Cars are available at both airports in BKK.

I have to echo other posts though.  Why would you want to drive here?  Utter chaos and extremely dangerous as well.  If you want to travel outside BKK there are plenty of honest taxi drivers.  Just talk to them about price.

If staying in BKK use the skytrain.  Cheaper and faster than driving.

Thank you Josephbloggs, TommyTucker, Torsake, Lujanit for responding to my inquiry about car rentals.  I appreciate your suggestions.

I ‘did’ called up Thai Rent a Car at Petchburi Road, they were very nice but they’re out of many rental cars now due to the upcoming Songkran holidays ????  They must be very popular!

For your information, there’s also Sixt Rent a Car, https://www.sixtthailand.com, at various locations for your next rental need.

Seriously, if you have never been exposed to Thai driving habits you are playing with fire maybe even death.  This is no joke.

Thai driving deaths are considered to be number two in the world.  You need to realise that published death numbers only count those unfortunate souls who die at the scene of the accident.  People who die afterwards are not counted.

I think you are from the US.  If so you have no idea of how driving works here.  Road rules simply do not apply.  Also traffic here is horrendous.  It took two and a half hours for us to travel 18 kilometres last Tuesday.  That's about normal.

If you think you can use google maps or similar you are sorely mistaken.  The english speaking version is incomprehensible, you simply will not be able to understand.  The machine voice is nonsense.  You would need to use Thai language to get the proper pronunciation.

Please do not rent a car.  Use taxis and the skytrain.  Your life may depend on it.

The problem with telling a woman NOT to do something is that it just makes her more determined to do it!

A friend said he thought of writing a book about this place but realized that no one would believe it.

Guess she'll find out soon enough.

3 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

The problem with telling a woman NOT to do something is that it just makes her more determined to do it!

A friend said he thought of writing a book about this place but realized that no one would believe it.

Guess she'll find out soon enough.

How utterly patronising of you.  Not to mention chauvinistic.  Appalling.

Use google and search for a broker app eg: priceline, cheapo car rental etc.  You get all the prices from all the rental companies on "one page", offering the class of vehicle your after.  Check out the reviews, customer feedback, what they include/require (insurance, mileage, etc), and if available on your dates.  Easy peasy....

Good luck

• 3 weeks later...

Archived