Retirement extension

frodo77

Has anybody recently done a 1 year extension based on retirement using the income verification method at CR Immigration? If so, how was it? I ask because I will be doing mine soon, and last year when I moved here I was told I had to be in CR for 3 months before I could do it. I had to return to Jomtien to do it. Thanks in advance.

21 hours ago, Chicken George said:

Brst go to the Imergration office and ask.. They are normally helpful.. Ask the younger captain who wears the glasses. He normakly sits close to the main door. 

No its not a good idea to ask them at the office, which is exactly why I posted my question here.

14 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Did mine in Feb. Had to get some additional forms from the bank, nothing major. Did in an hour. Went back next day, in & out in less than an hour.

This does not make any sense. First if you had an income verification letter, why would you need forms from the bank. Seems you are doing the money in bank method. Also, retirement is done on Mon and Wed only, so how could you have gone back next day?

18 minutes ago, frodo77 said:

No its not a good idea to ask them at the office, which is exactly why I posted my question here.

Going to the source has always worked for me.  I have never thought asking other foreigners was a good idea.

Archived