Lost phone, now getting lots of line messages. How to try and get it back?

banagan

Lost my phone, bought a new one and installed line. My new phone's line must be linked to my old phone. I'm getting a whole bunch of messages from Thais in their 60's, there's one just now, can't read Thai.

How would I go about contacting whoever has my phone?

Would they see my messages?

2 hours ago, KMartinHandyman said:

Maybe they’re using your line app to tell you to come and get your phone? Go to police is a good start.

I don't think so, I'm getting tons of messages from Thai's in their 60's.... couple of stickers with kisses, and Thai I don't understand... I'll have a Thai friend translate later.

I reckon what's happened is, someone found my phone, sold it, and it's been cracked. When I was reinstalling line, I think it linked the 2 phones. 

Phone wasn't stolen... so don't think it's a police matter. 

3 minutes ago, banagan said:

I don't think so, I'm getting tons of messages from Thai's in their 60's.... couple of stickers with kisses, and Thai I don't understand... I'll have a Thai friend translate later. 

I reckon what's happened is, someone found my phone, sold it, and it's been cracked. When I was reinstalling line, I think it linked the 2 phones. 

turn on tap to translate on google translate app.

You have a new number for line? if yes, then I think you receive messages which should go to the old member of your number.

If someone found your phone, then I would be very surprised when he would not change the SIM. So they would not use your Line account!

I saw this one time, when you become a new SIM, this number was used before by some other thais. The only strange is, that still some users send messages. As I was thinking the number should be unused for some time. So therefore nobody should use that line account anymore. Try to delete the account.. and then create the account new. Of course only if you have a SIM with a new number.

3 hours ago, HampiK said:

You have a new number for line? if yes, then I think you receive messages which should go to the old member of your number.

If someone found your phone, then I would be very surprised when he would not change the SIM. So they would not use your Line account!

I saw this one time, when you become a new SIM, this number was used before by some other thais. The only strange is, that still some users send messages. As I was thinking the number should be unused for some time. So therefore nobody should use that line account anymore. Try to delete the account.. and then create the account new. Of course only if you have a SIM with a new number.

Ok, so it's in Bangkok, I'm in Chiang Mai... I updated my facebook security and said last log in was from BKK... No idea how they got in to my phone, I had pin, finger and face recognition set up. I have the ip address... but not even worth pursuing, they could have gotten in touch, but hey, people today ????

Anyway, still getting line stickers from Thai women in their 60's... changed my password, don't want to delete my account, would loose all my contacts. Whoever has my phone is very popular with the older ladies. 

With google, you can un-synch a phone. I'll need a Thai friend to help me with line. Just my luck I'm not getting messages from hotties ???? At least that would be a silver lining... "so, how did you guys meet?"

ps, this is why I don't spend $1,000+ on an iPhone, Asus piece of 5hit, 5,000 baht. 

5 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

It is definitely stolen now. Have the Police call your old phone number, the present 'owner' will have some explaining to do.

Or ask your phone service provider to do the same.

Hurry up, before the thief changes the SIM.

I'm getting a whole bunch of messages”

The one who found your phone already sent messages to others and even now after you registered your Line account with a new phone number “others” still can send you messages, even though your Line account is disabled from the old phone. Block all unknown on your account. 

Are you sure you lost your phone ? It could be in hand of someone who knew the pin !!

What has most likely had happened is that you got a new sim with your new phone. LINE has an auto add friends function.  The other people's phones has recognised the SIM  number on their phone..... As a phone contact not on their LINE account but then autoadded you to their LINE account.  Unused SIM numbers get recycled. Almost cost me my balls one time with Mrs.  Until a similar thing happened to her.  Nearly cost me my nuts again. 

Who this lady???? 

Go into LINE settings and disable auto add friends.

No big drama,  happens frequently. 

On 4/6/2019 at 11:10 AM, banagan said:

Lost my phone, bought a new one and installed line.

Did you get a new SIM with a NEW Number?

If so, see emptypockets explanation.

FWIW, you can get a replacement SIM with your old number, assuming you are the registered owner. You do not have to file a police report for a lost SIM. The provider will issue a new SIM and link the IMSI details to your account immediately.

Also, register your LINE account with an email and password as this will make subsequent registrations with a new SIM/number seamless.

Archived