BREAKING: Rumors abound! Has Big Joke been transferred to RTP headquarters?

rooster59

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:
9 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Cessation of 90 day reports. ????

2 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Yeah wow.  Took 45 seconds on my last report at Chonburi sure ruined my life.

And mine took about 5 mins at Sakon Nakhon just a few days ago. But I had to make a 50kls round trip to make the report because the online system is a useless joke.

Plus it is a totally unnecessary imposition.

3 minutes ago, toenail said:

Sorry- what is “RTP”?  Is this a promotion or demotion? ( or depends )

As written Royal Thai Police (which immigration police is part of).

And very unlikely a promotion.

The silence from the officials (and Big Joke can't be reached) gives confidence that this is not only a rumor (or a "hack" of his social media sites).

"Sanook mentioned the Lt-Gen's close relationship with DPM Prawit Wongsuwan"

Close relationship between the clean man and the watchman? Amazing.

To me it seems more likely it is a downgrade than he's climbing up the ladder. If so, it would be communicated differently.

19 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

Was bound to happen as he was trying to do a good job. In the process he has upset the easy lives of countless Immigration 'Officials' who have had been made to 'work' with their perks cut off or cut down, slices of which are no longer going up the line to the top.

Someone surely did not like all the attention he was getting. He obviously made some mistakes....like stepping on the wrong persons foot.

A petty and controlling publicity hound who let his xenophobic and racist instincts get the better of him. Showed little interest in understanding the expat community.  Treating the expat retirement community like they were a criminal element which warranted constant monitoring reflected poorly on his police science and resource management skills. With nothing ever done to address the widespread inconsistencies from one office to the next, and minimal effort made to root out internal corruption, his administrative management skills were nothing short of abominable. Sorry, Big Joke, but that's my honest opinion.

1 minute ago, JustAnotherHun said:

"Sanook mentioned the Lt-Gen's close relationship with DPM Prawit Wongsuwan"

Close relationship between the clean man and the watchman? Amazing.

To me it seems more likely it is a downgrade than he's climbing up the ladder. If so, it would be communicated differently.

yeah couldn't agree more - taking the guys social media accounts down before an announcement was bound to fire up the runour mill.

promotions here are unveiled to fanfare not slipped in on a long weekend in the background

Just now, Gecko123 said:

A petty and controlling publicity hound who let his xenophobic and racist instincts get the better of him. He showed little interest in understanding the expat community.  Treating the expat retirement community like they were a criminal element which warranted constant monitoring reflected poorly on his police science skills. With nothing ever done to address the widespread inconsistencies in policies from one office to the next, and minimal effort made to root out internal corruption, his administrative management skills were nothing short of abominable. Sorry, Big Joke, but that's my honest opinion.

At the end of the day, irrespective of your personnel opinion, his main responsibility was to consider the well being of Thailand, not a few Farangs like us.   Given that, and as I said in another post, now discontinued, perhaps it will now be "bad guys in, good guys out" as perhaps he stepped on the toes benefiting from the previously corrupt system.

20 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Yeah wow.  Took 45 seconds on my last report at Chonburi sure ruined my life.

You mean you don't  have electric  and even more  baffling internet (  you'd  better go  look that one  up its  fairly  new)

32 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Sounds very transferred to an inactive postish

Hard to say in bizarro juntaland.  It is either as you say, or it is a bad omen for even further heavy handedness that BJ is famous for.  Either way the masters of the attack dog want him where they can see him. 

2 minutes ago, BestB said:

He was never clean , how ok earth can a clean tourist police captain rise to lt general in less than 2 years and become chief of immigration and tech crimes ?

not to mention he owns language schools catering for Chinese ????

because he was effective? 

There is a saying in the NFL, "the thing they hire you for is the thing they fire you for" (Coach Cowher) 

4 minutes ago, tcp7 said:

https://www.sanook.com/news/7736779/

Looks like he's back to being a "nobody".

I have a vague memory that Bldg 1, 20th floor is a very quiet place with little or no activity.

Therefore, Police Lieutenant General Surachet Krokphal, Commander of the Immigration Police Bureau Performed duties at the National Police Operations Center, Building 1, 20th Floor, Royal Thai Police Which is absent from the previous position To perform the duties as assigned by the Director of the National Police Operations Center

21 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

And going there and back home/nearest bar?

A Cappuccino actually looking at the beach.

It certainly shows the laziness of many who complain and cannot get off their butts and leave their condo for an hour every 90 days....

Archived