BREAKING: Rumors abound! Has Big Joke been transferred to RTP headquarters?

rooster59

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

... But even given that, to try to show a visual of what I mean, as you state probably rightly, your average spending for an ex-pat would be about 50,000 baht a month.

So, about 5 Thai salaries in "new wealth" poured in from outside the country - vs "recycled" money earned via jobs.  So 50K retirees would be spending enough foreign-sourced money into the country to fund a quarter of a million Thai salaries. 

Granted, it's not a 1:1 ratio to jobs, but even purchases of imports, with the least direct-benefit,  do not effect the overall balance of trade with the supplier-nations, while Thai companies make profits from the sale, and VAT + import-tariffs are captured in the process.  It's "Win-Win" for Thailand, no matter how we spend our money here.

Some a lot more and some a lot less, but as an average. Now try and measure the accumulated figures for ex-pat income against the banking and industrial sectors of Thailand. One set of figures are measured in millions and the other in billions. These are the figures governments look at.

On a related tangent, expat bank-contributions, while not critical to the sector, are none the less significant - especially when you figure each deposit can be loaned out 10:1 or greater by the bank at much higher interest-rates than are paid to the depositor (rate-difference * 10 minus defaults). 

But no one is suggesting that the industrial or banking sectors (or Chinese package-tour cheap-tourists, etc) should be sacrificed to serve the interests of retired expats.  The point is, it's not a question of expats - OR - other economic factors.  The question to those making policy changes that reduce expat-presence in Thailand is, "Why are you sacrificing many, many thousands of Thais' jobs, just to get rid of us?"

600,000 baht (your average ex-pat spending) would buy a new, lower end car or pick-up, I think that is a know fact. If you removed a vehicle from the roads of Thailand for every ex-pat living here how much of a difference do you think you would see in vehicle numbers? You wouldn't visibly see anything. This, IMO, is similar to how the government sees these figures, a drop in the ocean of realistic financial figures. 

Yes - but the issue is proactive-actions taken to drive out expats.  So what is the negative impact of expats on the country that would justify such action? 

If the few criminal-expats from developed-countries present in Thai prisons were added/removed from a composite-image of the entire prison population of Thailand, would it make a visible difference? 

Given it would not, why exert effort - such as significantly increasing the workloads of immigration-officers - to make their stay more difficult?

So I still stick to my comment about what 'a considerable sum' means when looked at on different tiers.

I understand that the Thai govt would not be prioritizing expats' interests over other dominant economic elements.  But given Surache was head of immigration, policy-changes under his watch in that role are a possible factor in his fate.

3 hours ago, poohy said:

Reading more reliable but banned media i suspect if worst is worst he will not be mentioned again, his whereabouts and "Health" will remain secret.

For some reason hes upset someone "pretty very" high up , and hes gone!

It's also possible someone got some dirt on him, and offered to "not release" it, if he was taken down.  He might not have made someone above him angry - perhaps just angered someone or some-group with enough resources to find something to use as leverage.

4 hours ago, bowerboy said:

Good to see that at least someone gets it.

Big Joke is in a private prison in a private residence right now. If you don’t know what that means then maybe time to get off the concrete bench outside 7/11 and start educating yourself about the country you are living in.

Rather condescending. 

17 minutes ago, MrPatrickThai said:

This is his Thai name.

I mean written in Thai letters. I just tried and got almost 600 000 hits with his name in Thai  : สุรเชษฐ์ หักพาล

2 hours ago, JackThompson said:

So, about 5 Thai salaries in "new wealth" poured in from outside the country - vs "recycled" money earned via jobs.  So 50K retirees would be spending enough foreign-sourced money into the country to fund a quarter of a million Thai salaries. 

Granted, it's not a 1:1 ratio to jobs, but even purchases of imports, with the least direct-benefit,  do not effect the overall balance of trade with the supplier-nations, while Thai companies make profits from the sale, and VAT + import-tariffs are captured in the process.  It's "Win-Win" for Thailand, no matter how we spend our money here.

On a related tangent, expat bank-contributions, while not critical to the sector, are none the less significant - especially when you figure each deposit can be loaned out 10:1 or greater by the bank at much higher interest-rates than are paid to the depositor (rate-difference * 10 minus defaults). 

But no one is suggesting that the industrial or banking sectors (or Chinese package-tour cheap-tourists, etc) should be sacrificed to serve the interests of retired expats.  The point is, it's not a question of expats - OR - other economic factors.  The question to those making policy changes that reduce expat-presence in Thailand is, "Why are you sacrificing many, many thousands of Thais' jobs, just to get rid of us?"

Yes - but the issue is proactive-actions taken to drive out expats.  So what is the negative impact of expats on the country that would justify such action? 

If the few criminal-expats from developed-countries present in Thai prisons were added/removed from a composite-image of the entire prison population of Thailand, would it make a visible difference? 

Given it would not, why exert effort - such as significantly increasing the workloads of immigration-officers - to make their stay more difficult?

I understand that the Thai govt would not be prioritizing expats' interests over other dominant economic elements.  But given Surache was head of immigration, policy-changes under his watch in that role are a possible factor in his fate.

Jack, I think you need to go back to the post I was originally replying to. You are taking this a way out of the purpose of that comment. I notice in all your cut-outs you didn't mention that bit.

On 4/6/2019 at 4:54 PM, akirasan said:

"Good guys in, bad guys out".

So long Surachate.  

56877112_10216678139360405_2643728438577332224_n.jpg

Big time chancer ,    hits the dust . 

Thx,  new Goverment , keep up the good  work , delete corruption . 

11 hours ago, Dmitry2222 said:

I do not see message that he was fired. May be him will get higher rank. ????

He  has  been  re- positioned  too a  higher  floor , no balcony . 

Wonder who is the  pusher .  another  chancer . 

Just imagine a moment …. suppose he made this his super joke …, a total set up like a 1 April joke ,….. and standing Monday morning at ThaiVisa.com …..asking for all his data for closer inquiry...:sick:......:clap2:

8 hours ago, chrisinth said:

Sam, we seem to have crossed wires as to my comment. I was responding to a statement made about retirees, not tourists, about what people think is a considerable sum. Again, not about tourism or tourists.

But even given that, to try to show a visual of what I mean, as you state probably rightly, your average spending for an ex-pat would be about 50,000 baht a month. Some a lot more and some a lot less, but as an average. Now try and measure the accumulated figures for ex-pat income against the banking and industrial sectors of Thailand. One set of figures are measured in millions and the other in billions. These are the figures governments look at.

600,000 baht (your average ex-pat spending) would buy a new, lower end car or pick-up, I think that is a know fact. If you removed a vehicle from the roads of Thailand for every ex-pat living here how much of a difference do you think you would see in vehicle numbers? You wouldn't visibly see anything. This, IMO, is similar to how the government sees these figures, a drop in the ocean of realistic financial figures. 

So I still stick to my comment about what 'a considerable sum' means when looked at on different tiers.

"Now try and measure the accumulated figures for ex-pat income against the banking and industrial sectors of Thailand"

Chris, we do seem to have got our wires crossed at some point, as I thought I was replying to another poster, and comparing what a tourist spends to the amount that an ex pat spends. I was not comparing that to the "banking and industrial sectors of Thailand"

22 hours ago, sambum said:

Chris, we do seem to have got our wires crossed at some point, as I thought I was replying to another poster, and comparing what a tourist spends to the amount that an ex pat spends. I 

Be assured ,  the 30 day , visa exempt millionaires , are  the  Quality farangs .

Not the TV preachers ,  who visit big C , once a week . 555

On 4/6/2019 at 1:59 PM, tifino said:

has he now become even More Important?

I suspect so. Because I comply with the law that has made me copy 2 times the New York paper version of the telephone list.

Or a paper Websters dictionary. I print the same event again and again for immigration here.

But I comply for hours and hours. And print the same forms again and again.

Immigration reporting is primitive for a reason. It gives lots of ladies low paid jobs doing nothing productive.

Australia has a symptom called "tall poppy syndrome". You know, when a flower has to be cut and put in the vase. 

I suspect someone I almost respected was the right height to be put down and made into a bouquet.

Que sera, sera.

In western terms, this chap/guy is almost talented (except in the political aspect of his job)

Tongue in cheek of course Mr Prayut

On 4/7/2019 at 12:40 PM, bowerboy said:

Good to see that at least someone gets it. Big Joke is in a private prison in a private residence right now. If you don’t know what that means then maybe time to get off the concrete bench outside 7/11 and start educating yourself about the country you are living in.

Funny how BowerBoy - and a few other members promising prison and/or end of life for Big Joke - stopped posting since Big Joke appeared at work yesterday morning... :wink:

47 minutes ago, damen said:

WOW, many tv foumer is full of rubbish. Claiming Big Joke this that. Apparthenly he has upgraded to bigger ranking. Stand side by side by the PM. 

Gov’t Moves ‘Big Joke’ to Obscure Civilian Post

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2019/04/09/govt-deflects-questions-on-big-joke-downfall/

Archived