BREAKING: Rumors abound! Has Big Joke been transferred to RTP headquarters?

rooster59

1 minute ago, Artisi said:

Do you really think there was any turmoil likely to effect the overall running of the country by a change of the rules regarding foreigners and money. 

Far too many TVF members think their presence in Thailand is important, well guess what, it's not. If all expats left tomorrow, the effect would be equivalent to you not peeing into the ocean. 

so it wasn't foreigners arriving enmass that turned Thailand into the modern tourist powerhouse it is now?

they just got there all by themselves & we, by coincidence, were just here to witness it?

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, scorecard said:

What's your source for ... he was arrested at the Pullman hotel ...accused of a crime used by a certain somebody ... computers seized...  ?

obviously there are no official sources but quite a few unofficial ones all saying the same thing

1 minute ago, scorecard said:

What's your source for ... he was arrested at the Pullman hotel ...accused of a crime used by a certain somebody ... computers seized...  ?

I saw it too , but don't remember the news paper link

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

second question …. he had a room there …. was there someone in that room others than him ….just a thought  

...he has a room there...

Is that a statement or a question?

2 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

so it wasn't foreigners arriving enmass that turned Thailand into the modern tourist powerhouse it is now?

they just got there all by themselves & we, by coincidence, were just here to witness it?

Look at the numbers for exports and tourism - that will give you your answer.

23 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Very serious and an inactive post would be too good as an outcome.

More like 20 years incarcerated and stripped of his stars.

only in Thailand ...

Oh, I forgot North Korea, China, Russia some African states ....

1 hour ago, tcp7 said:

https://www.sanook.com/news/7736779/

Looks like he's back to being a "nobody".

Dunno about the "nobody" part. But at least we now know it's official. Has the written order from national police chief dated yesterday transferring BJ to police headquarters.

Perhaps, someone else with a bit more juice is jockeying to line up their chance at becoming the next national police chief.  Because it kind of seemed like that's where BJ was heading with his meteoric rise..... until yesterday.

12 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

wasn't he supposed to be re-writing the immigration bill and unveiling it on 24th April?

faster, more efficient, water-tight or something like that.. AI, biometrics all that jazz

i wonder what will happen to that now?

My thoughts exactly - and this is really interesting. Was the whole crackdown, the media presence, the war on corruption just a pre-election stunt? Now that the main actor is no longer needed, he will be removed, as he can cause more harm than good.

And will there be a complete u-turn? I would be happy to see that, but most likely we are going to see more chaos, with the regional immigration offices even more confused than ever.

32 minutes ago, riclag said:

If he was so inspired why didn't he fix the IO rules for every province,instead of having to avoid this border or that or avoid women IO's.Why couldn't he address speculation of IO's  interpreting  the laws and fix that!  It's very alarming when Thai embassies in many countries vett and approve visa applications only to have Thai IO suspect you of having to many visits. He was a part of the latter  

because he couldn't care less. Expats really do have to leave their western head behind when they come to live here.  Yes, these things irritate me too, especially the inconsistency of applying the rules, but this is Thailand, it's the price we all pay for the privilege of living here. 

15 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

wasn't he supposed to be re-writing the immigration bill and unveiling it on 24th April?

faster, more efficient, water-tight or something like that.. AI, biometrics all that jazz

i wonder what will happen to that now?

Better be safe an continue the plastic surgery …..( joking ...:wink:..)

3 minutes ago, Sticky Wicket said:

You are such a hero. Tell thousands of Thais who rely on foreign money that they are insignificant!!

Did you read and comprehend what my comment was directed at ? no you didn't - absolutely nothing to do with Thais relying on foreign money. 

Suggest reading comprehension lessons might just help you. 

1 hour ago, mokwit said:

I have a vague memory that Bldg 1, 20th floor is a very quiet place with little or no activity.

Therefore, Police Lieutenant General Surachet Krokphal, Commander of the Immigration Police Bureau Performed duties at the National Police Operations Center, Building 1, 20th Floor, Royal Thai Police Which is absent from the previous position To perform the duties as assigned by the Director of the National Police Operations Center

I think another poster here had an excellent suggestion. Put him full-time on the fugitive Red Bull case, and let's see how much of a gung-ho guy he really is....  You want a real test? That's a real test.

1 hour ago, shadowofacloud said:

According to sources, to which I cannot link, he was arrested at the Pullman hotel in BKK on Friday for abusing royal power.

Wouldn't expect him to resurface any time soon.

That would not, I would think, lead to a formal transfer order to police HQ.

But if that were true, it might well lead instead to a transfer order to the Center for Mysterious Blood Infections.

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I think another poster here had an excellent suggestion. Put him full-time on the fugitive Red Bull case, and let's see how much of a gung-ho guy he really is....  You want a real test? That's a real test.

Seriously the only people who have any interest in the Red Bull case is the expat community - it's forgotten about elsewhere, they are satisfied with the outcome - like it or not!

Archived