BREAKING: Rumors abound! Has Big Joke been transferred to RTP headquarters?

rooster59

24 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Do you really think there was any turmoil likely to effect the overall running of the country by a change of the rules regarding foreigners and money. 

Far too many TVF members think their presence in Thailand is important, well guess what, it's not. If all expats left tomorrow, the effect would be equivalent to you not peeing into the ocean. 

Why don't you tell that to all the poor families that are reliant on these so called insignificant expats to keep a dignified standard of living..

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, sfokevin said:
35 minutes ago, hansnl said:

Don't forget that the retirees bring in an average sum of 50,000 baht each, every month.

Under the present rules these average retirees do not meet the 65K cashcow rule and should be deported... :coffee1:

Do not generalize such rules;

Only a few retirees of 3 countries need to bring 65k monthly.

About the news, interesting to know who will be the new Immigration Chief and what he will do with existing rules...? :ermm:

12 minutes ago, Woolsgibb60 said:

He made people think there was no more corruption in immigration but he was the main scammer he didnt them in immigration dishing the money out so he take control of the money him and is mates in the banks

source?

15 minutes ago, scorecard said:

What's your source for ... he was arrested at the Pullman hotel ...accused of a crime used by a certain somebody ... computers seized...  ?

we don't need no stinking sauces, lets just stick to speculation. Likely all will be confirmed when all those ridiculous posters of him and his x-ray , good guy's BS are removed from IO's up and down the land.

30 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

That would not, I would think, lead to a formal transfer order to police HQ.

But if that were true, it might well lead instead to a transfer order to the Center for Mysterious Blood Infections.

That's what the source - AMM - suggested. As I wrote in a post that was removed due to directly linking to his profile, AMM can exaggerate things a little bit from time to time, so this source should be taken with a grain of salt. But definitely a possible outcome.

5 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I think another poster here had an excellent suggestion. Put him full-time on the fugitive Red Bull case, and let's see how much of a gung-ho guy he really is....  You want a real test? That's a real test.

Sorry all ready covered, the brown paper bags out bid everything else. 

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

I am sad to hear this. I was enjoying reading about the crackdowns on riff raff while eating my Nicoise salad at the Intercontinental Hotel. 

Ah,you’re obviously a prole otherwise you’d have said 'salad Nicoise ' and you’d have had a Waldorf salad. Oik ! ???? 

13 minutes ago, shadowofacloud said:

And will there be a complete u-turn? I would be happy to see that, but most likely we are going to see more chaos, with the regional immigration offices even more confused than ever.

I don't thik so. They will carry on as usual but remove the "no tip" signs and continue to follow their own rules  -which will cause mor confusion and chaos among IOs and foreigners.

Do you really think there was any turmoil likely to effect the overall running of the country by a change of the rules regarding foreigners and money. 
Far too many TVF members think their presence in Thailand is important, well guess what, it's not. If all expats left tomorrow, the effect would be equivalent to you not peeing into the ocean. 

More like a tsunami that would wipe out a lot of women and Thai families that survive off us and yes that’s pretty inconsequential to the nation all in all. Now start talking about foreigner tourism being seriously affected and you’ll bring this country to its knees for awhile in my opinion.

14 minutes ago, Sticky Wicket said:

The front of his trousers is now though

11 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

and the back a filthy brown......

I suspect that the patina of his trousers is the least of his worries. I just hope for his sake he was not wearing long socks when he was arrested...

31 minutes ago, Artisi said:

but how many billions in interest would the banks loose?

9 minutes ago, phutoie2 said:

we don't need no stinking sauces, lets just stick to speculation. Likely all will be confirmed when all those ridiculous posters of him and his x-ray , good guy's BS are removed from IO's up and down the land.

that will probably be the first 'tell' of the future direction of immigration policy if the x-ray operations continue next week

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

the closest thing to Serpico Thailand has ever had.  

I always thought of him as more like Mark Anthony;  the doer, but no politician, inevitably brought down by his own naivety.  Would make a great play, or a movie.  Bradly Cooper could play Big Joke and Merrill Streap could play the PM.  

7 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

because he couldn't care less. Expats really do have to leave their western head behind when they come to live here.  Yes, these things irritate me too, especially the inconsistency of applying the rules, but this is Thailand, it's the price we all pay for the privilege of living here. 

I (being a Westerner!) would have thought that it would have been in the country's best interests as a whole, for Immigration to have a set list of rules for all their Officers to work to. Sorry - I've just realised that they do have such a set list of rules, but how about they stick to them instead of making all kinds of "adjustments" as they go along - usually to make it more awkward for farangs to get extensions to their visas? (Nonsensical Google maps of where you live AND a hand drawn map of the same being just one example!)

16 minutes ago, CGW said:

Seriously the only people who have any interest in the Red Bull case is the expat community - it's forgotten about elsewhere, they are satisfied with the outcome - like it or not!

Think you're wrong about that. For lots of average Thai people, it remains one of the shining examples of how power and money and influence can buy you out of justice in Thailand, whereas ordinary and poor people are just shuffled off to jail/prison.  That's a dichotomy that even the densest person can understand.

13 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Do not generalize such rules;

Only a few retirees of 3 countries need to bring 65k monthly.

About the news, interesting to know who will be the new Immigration Chief and what he will do with existing rules...? :ermm:

I doubt if he will do anything. Whoever inherits the post will have no real interest in the actual function of the department, it is merely his seat at a top table.

The rules and practices introduced by the departed BJ ( largely to bolster what now seems evidently a somewhat shaky route to that top table) will, like so many such rules in this country, be filed, forgotten about and ignored, and business will resume as normal.

Archived