High driver kills Burmese migrant in Najomtien road wreck

Rimmer

High driver kills Burmese migrant in Najomtien road wreck

image.png

PATTAYA:--A Burmese migrant worker was killed and four others hurt when a driver high on meth plowed his car into the back of their parked pickup truck.

Khin Maung, 47, died of severe blood loss after his right leg was severed in the April 3 wreck on Sukhumvit Road at the Ban Amphur intersection in Najomtien.

Montri Kumthong, 45, was charged with vehicular manslaughter, illegal drug use and drug possession after a methamphetamine tablet and 0.8 grams of crystal meth were found in his damaged Nissan Cefiro and he failed a drug test.

Read more: https://www.pattayamail.com/news/high-driver-kills-burmese-migrant-in-najomtien-road-wreck-251437

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-04-06--

35 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

Montri Kumthong, 45, was charged with vehicular manslaughter, illegal drug use and drug possession 

Any wonder why there is such a high death rate on the roads here .. He needs banging up for a long time for this along with being banned from driving .. 

7 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Any wonder why there is such a high death rate on the roads here .. He needs banging up for a long time for this along with being banned from driving .. 

Death penalty would send out a better message............:thumbsup:

5 hours ago, Kim J said:

Why do we keep reading the same nonsense over and over again. Is everyone here incapable of learning anything?

Unfortunately we will continue to read such stories for the foreseeable future.

"Is everyone here incapable of learning anything?"

"Here", why just Thailand?  Are you suggesting that in other countries lessons are learned from traffic accidents that stop them happening again?

"Unfortunately we will continue to read such stories for the foreseeable future".

As we will everywhere.

14 hours ago, Kim J said:

Why do we keep reading the same nonsense over and over again. Is everyone here incapable of learning anything?

especially with Songkram just around the corner.....

17 hours ago, Kim J said:

In my home state of Georgia road deaths are at the same level or higher most years. It isn't a Thailand thing only. Maybe some countries have it under control but I doubt that's the case in most places. 

17 hours ago, Kim J said:

Not here they're not.  Too many congenital idiots drive in Thailand, incapable of seeing past their own noses and with the general awareness and sense of responsibility of a brick. 

1 hour ago, bkkell said:

In my home state of Georgia road deaths are at the same level or higher most years. It isn't a Thailand thing only. Maybe some countries have it under control but I doubt that's the case in most places. 

Road death tolls decline in most civlized countries.

Thailand is on the top of death toll list.

Road deaths out of 100.000 citizens:

USA: 10.6

GB: 2.8

Australia: 5.4

Germany: 4.3

Thailand: 36.2

21 hours ago, Kim J said:

Don't expect any change in the foreseeable future either !

Alcohol & drugs are rife in a high percentage of the population, driving while under the influence of either is higher than most people think !

17 hours ago, Just Weird said:

"Here", why just Thailand?  Are you suggesting that in other countries lessons are learned from traffic accidents that stop them happening again?

"Unfortunately we will continue to read such stories for the foreseeable future".

As we will everywhere.

This is a forum about Thailand, and the death toll on Thai roads is well documented. But, since you are bringing other countries into the equation, I come from the UK where the daily death toll is around five. In Thailand it is around 60. Same population number.

As for not learning, a son of the family opposite me killed himself while driving his motorcycle at high speed while drunk, leaving half his face on a roadside pole. The next day I saw his brother roaring off down the road, on the wrong side and without a helmet. During the ceremony that followed at his house, a guest drove his car out of the grounds of the house without looking to see if the road was clear and hit a motorcyclist who was in a coma for months. I don't know if he survived.

No-one in my UK family knows of anyone who has been involved in a serious accident, yet there have been at least four involving my wife's family here, beginning when my wife was in a school pick-up that overturned and some were killed and a kid in her class lost both his legs. One of her sisters was killed on her motorbike, her brother was hit by a car as he waited to make a right turn and he has a steel rod in his leg, and a brother-in-law ended up upside down in a ditch when he was a passenger in a pickup. I doubt very much if there is any family in Thailand that has not had a family member involved in a serious accident. As I said, in my 70 years on this planet I have known no-one, no-one at all, in a serious accident in the UK.

You really can't fix stupid and Thailand, by lacking any common sense at all, has a lot of stupid. That is why the road toll is so high, among if not the highest in the world. I have no idea why you aren't aware of that and are trying to defend them. Just a few days ago I was out for only 10 minutes, and we had to pull over and stop as a car came at us head-on as he was overtaking a line of vehicles, and a pickup roared past us and overtook another pickup that was already overtaking a petrol tanker, forcing the tanker off the road. A bloody petrol tanker! How stupid can you get!

That is my biggest worry when I'm out on my bicycle. Drivers high on drugs hit you from behind.

I only ride my bike before sunset , so far so good after 10 years.

On 4/6/2019 at 5:06 PM, Just Weird said:

As we will everywhere.

Oh Please !

Yes very many countries have learned lessons from traffic incidents and have taken positive steps to prevent future incidents.

Why do you think Thailand has such an appalling record of road deaths , simple bad luck ? . Take off your ridiculous blinkers and drag your head out of the sand.

13 hours ago, bkkell said:

If by most places you mean the undeveloped ones

,you are probably correct . Now ask yourself why they remain undeveloped.

20 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Not here they're not.  Too many congenital idiots drive in Thailand, incapable of seeing past their own noses and with the general awareness and sense of responsibility of a brick. 

I can only say well put! Even to the point of keeping an eye on their kids, no sense of consequences. 

Unfortunately only one way to educate rash drivers. Repression, repression and repression.

As many do drive with fake or no licence, just impound the cars for a month in cases of DUI, wheather or not if there is an accident. It surely will be deterrent for any Mad Max apprentice to have to pay the loan for a car that is out of reach ?

Naturally, this calls for unconditionnally honest and uncorruptible law enforcement officers at street level and perhaps that's where the whole problem starts :whistling:

Archived