U.S. Navy pulls into Pattaya

Rimmer

U.S. Navy pulls into Pattaya

image.png

PATTAYA:--USS Blue Ridge, the flagship of the U.S. Navy’s 7th Fleet pulled into Pattaya for the first time in three years for some sailor R&R and naval networking.

Nearly 1,000 sailors will rotate to take leave after arriving at Laem Chabang Port April 3. They were greeted by counterparts from the Royal Thai Navy, which provided currency exchange services, telephone SIM cards and rides into Pattaya.

Capt. Eric J. Anduze said his crew is always impressed with Thai food and hospitality and are happy to be back.

During the visit, 7th Fleet will host their counterparts for professional exchanges while the crew will have opportunities to explore the area during tours and community relations projects alongside local citizens.

The 7th Fleet Band will play several public concerts in Bangkok and Pattaya.

“These visits are a tremendous opportunity to strengthen our relationship and build upon our historic this,” said Rear Adm. Ted LeClair, deputy commander U.S. 7th Fleet. “We’re looking forward to a fruitful visit and successful staff talks that will benefit our navies and enhance regional security.”

Read more: https://www.pattayamail.com/news/u-s-navy-pulls-into-pattaya-251607

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-04-06--

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

rides into Pattaya.

Where they will pick up another ride .. 

38 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

for some sailor R&R and naval networking

I should imagine a lot of 'em will be working on the zone just below another navel .. 

Abysmal reporting as usual - "pulls into Pattya" since when was Laem Chabang Pattya, close I guess...................

Be great to see "regional security enhanced" ????

59 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

They were met by counterparts of the Royal Thai Navy ?  Well that is bit of a stretch, and insulting I should think to consider that there must be so many USN serviceman of similar ilk to those in the Thai Navy.

What an elitist, haughty attitude

4 hours ago, Rimmer said:

The 7th Fleet Band will play several public concerts in Bangkok and Pattaya.

Does anyone have any idea where they are playing? I've heard them before and they are good. I see that they have already done T21 two days ago.

Based on the current liberty policies of the USN it is unlikely they will be fully able to enjoy Pattaya. They will be required to travel in groups of more that two so intimacy (with someone else) becomes more complicated that needed. Also partaking in prostitutes is not allowed, luckily Pattaya does not have prostitutes and is a great family destination.

29 minutes ago, AsiaCheese said:

Oh, bringing democracy? Just in time ????

With such a big ship …. oh where are the days that  a few guy's from " the company " solved that with the right "gear" ….????

16 hours ago, kwan said:

Just in for a paint job. !

image.png.49ac411e5f0daee17ae18a659d981be3.jpg

I remember returning from down south, on the bus we had some Yanks that we dropped back to their ship moored up at Satti Hip (April 2001), the ship had a very big dent in the bow. 

2 hours ago, toenail said:

I hope they can enjoy the “hospitality” of Pattaya.

According to the top dog, there's no "hospitality" available.

Nothing illegal found as police chief tours Pattaya bars

1 hour ago, Lucius verus said:

1000 sailors spending maybe 10 million baht on bar girls.

Will be a time of great celebration for their Thai men.

????.????????????

Don't forget the 10% which will be of benefit to ladyboys and the other 10% that will be spent in boyztown

Yes the traveling circus of exploitation and damage that follows the US military around the world.

Don't forget patronizing a bargirl is punishable under UCMJ, I hear it is illegal in Thailand anyway.

At least the sailors adviseto keep their eCigs onboard lest they be jailed and deported.

Archived