The locals obsession with Apple and iPhones

Android is cheaper. Google gives it away. They make their money up by tracking everything you do, everything you look at and how you respond.  They package it at sell it as advertising to various companies. They learn how to manipulate you in subtle ways. Look at Googles revenue.... They are making their money. But YOU are the product.  Personally I'd rather spend a little more buying a product rather than becoming the product. 

Really, who cares about any of this... 

What is the obsession about who is obsessed with what phone and for what reasons????

Its idiotic....  People just choose what they prefer, what they like the look and feel of, what they think does the job best for what they can afford. 

When the top phones are priced in a similar bracket there is no 'status' different between one and the other.

As as to which is better, which has a better operating system etc... None of us really know unless we use both operating systems with the same level of phone.  That means owning the iPhone XS and the Samsung Galaxy 10 and using them both extensively for the same things for a number of months, getting familiar with both phones, speeds, ease of use, connectivity to computers etc... and then making an informed decision which is best..... 

Until then - we just chose what we like and what suits us. 

For me, I've owned Samsung, Apple and HTC phones in the last 8 years or so and have my own preference. But I don't get why this is an issue for so many people, its the same with laptops and people are either bracketed into being an 'Apple Fan Boy' (a phrase which non-apple lovers love to throw around) or not....   it all gets a little silly....

Relax Richard. Everyone has their thing. Some people get orgasmic about a bunch of men kicking around a ball on a field.  They love taking about who’s team is better and this and that. As if they have anything to do with it. Not my thing but I certainly don’t begrudge anyone who is into soccer. Some people are into cars. Some into movies and actors.  

Who are YOU to call what anyone else is interested in silly? If it’s not your thing.... walk away. Don’t participate. 

On 4/6/2019 at 6:27 AM, talahtnut said:

Damn, I'm doomed not to have any status

with my 15 year old Nokia tellingbone.

Dinosaur!  My wife inherited an iPhone 5 awhile back, and now we both have free Apple 6S+ phones.  The 12 year old free LG candybar phones weren't cutting edge, though I still use one.

We wouldn't have these except her siblings jettisoned them for newer phones, so we got them for free.  I just put mine on line today.  Stupid arsed icon interface, I don't like it yet. 

This is the crew I imported into the USA about 8 years ago (took 10 years prior).  They love the high life.

Worst part is my wife gave her sister the old iPhone 5, and they talk on Facebook/messenger chat for free.  Hell, she just now popped on the phone and they are chatting like a couple of old hens in the barnyard, in Isaan language.  Gawk, gawk, gawk! 

My sis-in-law's house:

image.jpeg.903b7a7a9b15c6a05ad71c32425aeb74.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/10/2019 at 12:38 PM, DaveBKK said:

Android is cheaper. Google gives it away. They make their money up by tracking everything you do, everything you look at and how you respond.  They package it at sell it as advertising to various companies. They learn how to manipulate you in subtle ways. Look at Googles revenue.... They are making their money. But YOU are the product.  Personally I'd rather spend a little more buying a product rather than becoming the product. 

But most of Iphone user use google softwares (google/maps/gmail/etc...) so... with an iphone you give your data to apple and google... and 3 if you are using fb.

But most of Iphone user use google softwares (google/maps/gmail/etc...) so... with an iphone you give your data to apple and google... and 3 if you are using fb.

I use google maps but don’t have an account, so they’re not getting full tracking on me, but I do use FB.

However, I don’t use google browser or gmail.

Apple are actually your friend if you want privacy, they have a different business philosophy to google.

I wax and wane on the privacy issue, seeing as I basically have nothing to hide, but I detest being marketed to, so that seals googles fate for mine.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived