Police chief orders Big Joke transferred to inactive post

Jonathan Fairfield

33 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

He is to cease all his other work and go to the 20th floor of Building One. 

Is that where all cops transferred to inactive posts end up? If so, then Building One looks like being in increasing danger of collapse!

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

He is to cease all his other work and go to the 20th floor of Building One. 

He must be lucky

History has proven

other people went

to the cold

Siberia

28 minutes ago, Artisi said:

toes trodden-on

That's highly likely, and combined with the new retirement extension rules, which have been a complete and utter stuff up, along with the supposed deportation of all over-stayers etc, etc and getting too big for his boots make a very compelling argument for his inactive posting. 

But then again TiT, so who knows?

This is very familiar to the female tourism boss a couple of years ago, she was a rising star, she was going to shut down the bars and build family theme parks etc, then disappeared overnight.

"He is to cease all his other work and go to the 20th floor of Building One." - is that code, or do that building and that floor actually exist? I'm only half joking here.

Maybe not coincidentally, that's the first time I've seen the name of the RTP commissioner in a very long time. He kept a VERY low profile while Big Joke usurped all the media attention he could get.

Best guess is the police party fared well in the election (that's a fact), and the junta is pulling up dirt on top police brass now to make sure police party are compliant in forming the coalition government. 

A dirty business. 

I have been informed from a reliable source that this is a tradition in the police. He will take one step back before being promoted to Police Commissioner (not sure of the official title but it is a promotion). His new role will be involved more directly with the election and he will appear even more frequently in the media. Probably he will be going after those who are smearing the EC. A photogenic dog to do the barking for the junta/military regime.   

2 minutes ago, BestB said:

No one comes back from inactive post. They end up in some dark corner for the rest of their life ????????

I look forward to that traffic stop in Nakon Nowhere, lol. And I am going to insist on a receipt.

1 minute ago, GarryP said:

I have been informed from a reliable source that this is a tradition in the police. He will take one step back before being promoted to Police Commissioner (not sure of the official title but it is a promotion). His new role will be involved more directly with the election and he will appear even more frequently in the media. Probably he will be going after those who are smearing the EC. A photogenic dog to do the barking for the junta/military regime.   

Or better yet (oh, please Lord of Smiles) a new EC will become formed, a  we election held, and Big Joke in charge of selling it ad free and fair to the Thai people and foreign governments.

The world holds a dim view of the election, and the history of politically violence here is high. That puts foreign business office to LoS at a time when they desperately need to pump up the economy with foreign investment.

3 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I look forward to that traffic stop in Nakon Nowhere, lol. And I am going to insist on a receipt.

I do not think he be that lucky . He will be shoveling papers somewhere ????

Movement to an inactive post usually would follow breaking of the rules. What he's done at Immigration doesn't fall under this category and this would normally be sorted by movement to a totally different "active" post. This leads me to speculate that his transfer is not directly involved in what he has achieved at Immigration but something else.

Of course if those in power want to find a spurious reason to move someone out of the way then they'll find one, as we've seen in the other big story this week.

2 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

The NO TIP signs at Immigration Offices will not be in sight on Monday

Wrong. As I posted 3 hours ago in the other thread, now closed, the no tips sign will not be in sight on Tuesday.  Monday they are closed as a holiday in substitution of Chakri day which is today.

Archived