Police chief orders Big Joke transferred to inactive post

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its definatly a loss of face thing, by coming in guns blazing and changing everything, getting rid of the condo builder over-stayers, new laws etc, you are essentially saying everyone before/above/below him was doing a bad job, thats a huge loss of face for everyone else involved. 

Big changes in Thailand means somebody else must have been doing a bad job. loss of face.

Oh how the mighty fall.he went against the grain and must of made life miserable for the immo office doing more work for less tea money.as in all corrupt institutions you either go with the flow or off you go.theres no place for a honest copper in Thailand.

6 minutes ago, PJPom said:

In my opinion he seemed to be trying to do a good job, maybe he upset too many people , I for one hope to hear more from him.

He has messed up most of our lives with these stupid new immigration rules, that don't achieve anything, how is that doing a good job ???

1 hour ago, Artisi said:

"No reason has yet been given for the transfer."  unlikely it will ever be given, however, don't let that get in the way of speculation....  let me start the ball rolling - toes trodden-on.

...political toes? 

Just now, ChrisY1 said:

Appears he was arrested at a hotel in BKK and his computer taken....

Unreliable source at best. It's flimsy.

7 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

He has messed up most of our lives with these stupid new immigration rules, that don't achieve anything, how is that doing a good job ???

He is not the one who was in charge when your embassy decided to stop LOI.

He just extended the seasonal period for the 800k. Not such a big deal.

And BTW, not most of us have been impacted by that.

56 minutes ago, GarryP said:

I have been informed from a reliable source that this is a tradition in the police. He will take one step back before being promoted to Police Commissioner (not sure of the official title but it is a promotion). His new role will be involved more directly with the election and he will appear even more frequently in the media. Probably he will be going after those who are smearing the EC. A photogenic dog to do the barking for the junta/military regime.   

You have been told wrong , he is actually arrested as well, but I can not reveal the source but if you Facebook savy enough you should be able to find information yourself .

he is done for good, his career is over 

This is the guy who's behind the random refusal of entry at airports in Thailand.

That is something that would destroy tourism in a country.

People won't take the risk if there's a chance they won't be allowed to enter the country, airlines would not be happy about this.

Airlines have influence.

1 hour ago, mickymouse1 said:

Reasons are: Auditors discovered the numbers of foreigners arrested and supposedly removed did not match the numbers announced by BJ.

BJ always stated that there are no more overstayers in the kingdom, fake info.

The Big Boss has been reading TV on regular basis....555

Cant be that, numbers never add up in Thailand.

3 minutes ago, BestB said:

You have been told wrong , he is actually arrested as well, but I can not reveal the source but if you Facebook savy enough you should be able to find information yourself .

Mr. McGregor has been known to be wrong. But actually sounds plausible in this case. 

3 minutes ago, BestB said:

You are correct.

His Wikipedia page is gone also.

1 hour ago, PJPom said:

In my opinion he seemed to be trying to do a good job, maybe he upset too many people , I for one hope to hear more from him.

I agree seems like he was taking a different approach to problems. 

If it’s true he’s out maybe he clipped someone’s benefits (wink wink) and they didn’t like it.

Archived