Police chief orders Big Joke transferred to inactive post

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has to be something really big!

Nothing to do with his immigration policy,maybe he secretly

supported someone whom some people dont like?Maybe even bigger then that?Maybe he got some ideas of his own?

Or maybe i just think too much?

They will have to come up with a reason soon.

We will see.

45 minutes ago, ukrules said:

This is the guy who's behind the random refusal of entry at airports in Thailand.

That is something that would destroy tourism in a country.

People won't take the risk if there's a chance they won't be allowed to enter the country, airlines would not be happy about this.

Airlines have influence.

there was no random refusal of tourist - just some refusal of longstayers pretending to be tourists

46 minutes ago, somnumna said:

Every-time my wife buys flowers and puts fruit up on the shelf and prays silently to her statue.............. I have been secretly adding my own prayers to the mix.... Today they got answered.

It works guys... and Gals.... ????????  ................... Somnumna... https://youtu.be/q968xSxYN38

I've tried it for the Biggest Joke and it hasn't worked .....yet !

14 minutes ago, jvs said:

supported someone whom some people dont like?Maybe even bigger then that?Maybe he got some ideas of his own?

We will see.

Someone cleaning out their backyard, perhaps better deals were made at the wedding ????

9 minutes ago, sweatalot said:

there was no random refusal of tourist - just some refusal of longstayers pretending to be tourists

Whatever or whoever they were, they are not and were not a burden on thai economy or social welfare. Even with all the unpaid hospital bills money foreigners spent is by far more than Thai on minimum or even average wage 

I'm back in the USA riding all the changes out.  In that I'm in frequent contact with my Thai girlfriend about my life and hers, she just sent me this article.  Obviously it's in Thai, and I can't read Thai, but maybe there are more details in the article?  One of yor may get your Thai wife or girlfriend to read this?

Take care,

Hanging in the USA, 

CJ

https://today.line.me/TH/article/KyZ1Xm?utm_source=lineshare

The keyword here is corruption.   Enough is enough,  the big guys on top of the pyramid are not getting their cuts anymore .  

So I guess this is good news for all of us, business as usual.

Agents , banks and immigration officials can walk hand in hand again, happy happy. 

1 hour ago, Pattaya46 said:

He is not the one who was in charge when your embassy decided to stop LOI.

He just extended the seasonal period for the 800k. Not such a big deal.

And BTW, not most of us have been impacted by that.

Yeah right, 3-4 embassies just decided to shut down their income letters for no reason, nothing to do with immigration, lol. They did it because immigration wanted more verification, did you miss that memo ?

He extended the 800k seasoning, 400k for the rest of the year, shut down any income and deposit combination method, extra visits to immigration, income now has to come into thailand every month and can only be pension income. 

At a bare minimum you now have to keep800k for 6 months and 400k in the bank all year and visit immigration to show your bank book 90 days after extension , that impacts everyone.

18 minutes ago, jvs said:

We will see.

His was also overseeing cybercrime, fake news.

Fake news, cyber political views can strongly influence ... elections,

or post election social confrontations/protests/turmoil.

He was also a career policeman. (you know, like a policeman  ????)

16 minutes ago, sweatalot said:

I would consider some one that wanted to stay in Thailand a few years a long staying tourist not a criminal...

5 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Well, does this mean we can stop worrying about random refusals at entry points now? Just about to renew my METV next month...

Sure not. There will be no change in the treatment of "tourists" and longstayers at all. In my opinion this thing has nothing to do with farang/retirement rules etc.

He was doing a good job,cannot think why or what he has done to

warrant this, he really shook up Chiang Mai immigration,made it

a 100 % better,and I thank him for that,deported a lot of bad

people that had no right to be in Thailand,he did a lot of good,

this is what happens when good people try to make things

better.

regards worgeordie

4 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

I would consider some one that wanted to stay in Thailand a few years a long staying tourist not a criminal...

One staying for years here with back to back TVs is not a tourist. If you are old enough, get a retirement non-o or extension, otherwise buy a elite visa. That's it.

2 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Sure not. There will be no change in the treament of "tourists" and longstayers at all. In my opinion this thing has nothing to do with farang/retirement rules etc.

Maybe some one finally figured out expats spend more in Thailand than loads of zero dollar tourist ever will...And it was time to put a end to the Big Joke road show... 

19 minutes ago, CaptainJack said:

I'm back in the USA riding all the changes out.  In that I'm in frequent contact with my Thai girlfriend about my life and hers, she just sent me this article.  Obviously it's in Thai, and I can't read Thai, but maybe there are more details in the article?  One of yor may get your Thai wife or girlfriend to read this?

Take care,

Hanging in the USA, 

CJ

https://today.line.me/TH/article/KyZ1Xm?utm_source=lineshare

Trying to access it from here in Thailand,sorry no access to this page.

BJ didn’t have 800K in his bank account and had his TM30 refused.

In the Thai Police, if you are not corrupt or are just plain too honest, you get transferred. Police salaries are so low they have no choice but to turn to corruption.

It can’t be mere coincidence that we just had a change of Gov’t. The one we really need to see the back of is the Junta General.

Only Buddha knows what we will encounter at Immigration now.

3 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

One staying for years here with back to back TVs is not a tourist. If you are old enough, get a retirement non-o or extension, otherwise buy a elite visa. That's it.

No I think I will just stay with tourist visas...

6 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

he really shook up Chiang Mai immigration,made it

a 100 % better

Yes I guess it will get back to normal now in CM, brown envelopes handed over, slow queues, etc etc. 

Archived