Police chief orders Big Joke transferred to inactive post

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

// At a bare minimum you now have to keep 400k in the bank all year and visit immigration to show your bank book 90 days after extension , that impacts everyone.

It's not the subject, but it's not true. Probably (tens of) thousands of expats not impacted because using the Letter of Income method.

12 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Yeah right, 3-4 embassies just decided to shut down their income letters for no reason, nothing to do with immigration, lol.

Not what I said. I said Big Joke was not chief of Immigration when UK & US embassies talked about stopping LOI. So you can't blame him for that.

7 minutes ago, jvs said:
27 minutes ago, CaptainJack said:

Trying to access it from here in Thailand,sorry no access to this page.

No problem for me to access it from Thailand; I am on 3BB.

BTW nothing on this page that we don't already saw in other links given on previous posts.

3 minutes ago, zydeco said:

I thought the combo method was still in place. That is gone, too?

it pretty much has to be otherwise people would do 1,000 baht income and 799k deposit, then not have to have/show the 800/400k during the year (as they are not doing the deposit method)

2 hours ago, OJAS said:

Is that where all cops transferred to inactive posts end up? If so, then Building One looks like being in increasing danger of collapse!

No.. only the good uns are sent here.. so just a dozen has all the floor for themself

Say what you like but following his one day visit to the Chiang Mai Immigration office there was remarkable improvement. No more queueing at 4am to get a queue number, no more obstructionist attitudes and downright laziness by staff. It would be a great pity if we revert to the old antagonistic and obstructive mentality that made dealing with Immigration here such a nightmare.

3 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

it pretty much has to be otherwise people would do 1,000 baht income and 799k deposit, then not have to have/show the 800/400k during the year (as they are not doing the deposit method)

Actually, something pretty close to that was what I was hoping for. 600 or 700K in bank and bring 20K per month and not have the 800/400K stuck in a bank account. Seems like a legitimate loophole they didn't fix.

1 minute ago, brommers said:

Say what you like but following his one day visit to the Chiang Mai Immigration office there was remarkable improvement. No more queueing at 4am to get a queue number, no more obstructionist attitudes and downright laziness by staff. It would be a great pity if we revert to the old antagonistic and obstructive mentality that made dealing with Immigration here such a nightmare.

Shame he didn’t,t leave it that, guess you reckon the upheaval for all is worth a few saved hours for you at CM?

7 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Shame he didn’t,t leave it that, guess you reckon the upheaval for all is worth a few saved hours for you at CM?

Its not for all though is it?  Its upheaval for the dodgers and weavers and so it should be. I'm pretty sure they worked that out and for the crumbs these people bring to the table it's no surprise that life suddenly became difficult. Dont think it'll get reversed because he's gone. It's the department that became hardline, not it's head.

3 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

does this mean all the crazy new rules regarding extensions will be reversed?

I hope not.  I shortened my pre-extension seasoning from 3 months to 2 because of his changes.  If it goes back to three months, I'll be denied.

3 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

And then all of his changes where reversed and we all woke up like it had just been a bad dream.

It could happen, lol

Aka ,  big joke / bad joke. 

The righteous farlang brigade,  hold your breath on this one, you could not make this up .

36 minutes ago, zydeco said:
1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

shut down any income and deposit combination method,

I thought the combo method was still in place. That is gone, too?

According to this thread (and what I have heard elsewhere) combo is still OK, at least for retirement visa.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1086107-my-experience-extending-my-retirement-visa-last-friday/

2 hours ago, CLS said:

BJ is somehow lucky to be on the 20th floor. Should be high enough to jump off.

He was  down for a road traffic accident. Simple choice really.

In Los , the laws of gravity , can not be trusted. 555

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

Yeah right, 3-4 embassies just decided to shut down their income letters for no reason, nothing to do with immigration, lol. They did it because immigration wanted more verification, did you miss that memo ?

He extended the 800k seasoning, 400k for the rest of the year, shut down any income and deposit combination method, extra visits to immigration, income now has to come into thailand every month and can only be pension income. 

At a bare minimum you now have to keep800k for 6 months and 400k in the bank all year and visit immigration to show your bank book 90 days after extension , that impacts everyone.

The four embassies decided by themselves to shut down their income letters, it's their decision, not the immigration one; the other embassies still write the letter; combinaison is still possible, and you don't have to come 90 days after extension, immigration will look at your bank book the next extension 

Big joke did a good job, I don't know why he is transfered 

4 minutes ago, rabas said:

According to this thread (and what I have heard elsewhere) combo is still OK, at least for retirement visa.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1086107-my-experience-extending-my-retirement-visa-last-friday/

Don't take one report as being definitive.

Let's get real now, OK!

The combination that now touches both the new income rules (when without an embassy letter) and the bank method (with the year round pre and post seasoning on steroids) has become MASSIVELY COMPLEX to comply with and enforce.

One big variable is embassy letter or not.

There may be written rules that TECHNICALLY say it's still in effect the reality at the offices is that the officers are very confused about how to actually enforce them.

So you will hear different stories from different officers on different days.

How can anyone really prepare for that with any measure of confidence?

Also at least one major office (JOMTIEN) saying we won't accept combo applications AT ALL. 

Answer -- they can't. It's impossible. 

The only way to have confidence currently until and less this combo mess is cleared up is to switch to an 800K bank method. Assuming anyone wanting to do a combo method has less than the full 65K income.

Archived