Police chief orders Big Joke transferred to inactive post

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, BestB said:

Opened fine for me and it’s basically the OP but in Thai 

there is a bit in the middle that says this content no longer available, I think thats the good bit

49 minutes ago, boonrawdcnx said:

Apparently Big Joke has been arrested at the Pullman hotel last night the hotel is owned by King Power.

His computer was seized - and that is all one can report here...........or else !

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Well yeah we cannot link things because it would be considered an offence.

However, mentioning an individual's name and a company's name is not an offence, is it?

Say....Andrew MacGregor....Twitter....

29 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

there is a bit in the middle that says this content no longer available, I think thats the good bit

The "content no longer available" is in fact all Big Joke's social media content:

facebook and twitter accounts mainly, as said as said in many articles in Thailand.

5 minutes ago, FaFaHead said:

Something tells me we haven’t heard the last of Big Joke...

Based on the stuff I have read so far, if true, I am inclined to believe he will simply vanish (against his will), and nobody will talk about it.

2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Yeah right, 3-4 embassies just decided to shut down their income letters for no reason, nothing to do with immigration, lol. They did it because immigration wanted more verification, did you miss that memo ?

He extended the 800k seasoning, 400k for the rest of the year, shut down any income and deposit combination method, extra visits to immigration, income now has to come into thailand every month and can only be pension income. 

At a bare minimum you now have to keep800k for 6 months and 400k in the bank all year and visit immigration to show your bank book 90 days after extension , that impacts everyone.

"...that impacts everyone".

No it doesn't, it only affects those applying for retirement extensions.

3 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

If he’d been arrested, he wouldn’t have been sent to the headquarters to an inactive post,

Unless, of course, that order was really PR cover for the location of his new assignment, which perhaps is not on the 20th floor of the POC... But somewhere a bit closer to the ground....

I'd kinda like to be a fly on the wall on Tuesday at the POC and see just who does and doesn't come rolling in for work!

2 hours ago, attrayant said:

I hope not.  I shortened my pre-extension seasoning from 3 months to 2 because of his changes.  If it goes back to three months, I'll be denied.

How did you manage that? 

23 minutes ago, chingmai331 said:

The junta is flexing their newly elected muscles.  Everyone is suspect now.  Can you spell Putin, Xi, Duterte, Kim, Hassanal Bolkiah Waddaulah, Abdullah Al Saud, etc?

Let the pogroms begin.

I can't spell Xi.

Give me an easy one to start with.

4 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

He has messed up most of our lives with these stupid new immigration rules, that don't achieve anything, how is that doing a good job ???

That is so true. What a muddled up mess he created. Not everyone knows ubon Joe so just imagine the nightmare at the next retirement extension

1 hour ago, Aforek said:

The four embassies decided by themselves to shut down their income letters,

uhm… sarcasm right - "four embassies decide by themselves" to stop providing required documents that they have been providing to their citizens for years - simultaneously by themselves, yup, coincidental, entirely, no common thread here.

Yup, don't need Sherlock Holmes to connect those dots   

If only this <deleted> could be deported asap. OK, so maybe not all foreigners are beneficial to LOS but making it more difficult for legit farangs will never benefit the nation. From recent interaction with immigration police, they are fed up with Big Joke too. Long may he rest in his inactive post...

1 hour ago, Aforek said:

The four embassies decided by themselves to shut down their income letters, it's their decision, not the immigration one; the other embassies still write the letter; combinaison is still possible, and you don't have to come 90 days after extension, immigration will look at your bank book the next extension 

Big joke did a good job, I don't know why he is transfered 

Yeah and where did you get this info from?  A far more likely scenario is they were pressured and caved.  I would say no small coincidence a few of these embassies have been critical of a non elected government.

My Thai gf alerted me of this news this afternoon when it was first reported.  She isn't good at writing English and uses Google translate...but I'll quote her message here- "Yes, some news has come out that he swore with buying a car to immigration police. Cheating 70 million."

I don't know where that news came from or what exactly it means, nor am I saying it is true or accurate.  Maybe signing a deal for a fleet of vehicles priced 70M over the actual cost to pocket the money?  Maybe producing a false purchase as part of a huge scam? Maybe it is just nonsense.  Strange she quoted a number though.  2.2 million USD.  Anyway, this whole thing seems shady and I'm curious to find out if this comes to light.  Cloak and dagger anyway you spin it.

2 minutes ago, keysersoze276 said:

My Thai gf alerted me of this news this afternoon when it was first reported.  She isn't good at writing English and uses Google translate...but I'll quote her message here- "Yes, some news has come out that he swore with buying a car to immigration police. Cheating 70 million."

I don't know where that news came from or what exactly it means, nor am I saying it is true or accurate.  Maybe signing a deal for a fleet of vehicles priced 70M over the actual cost to pocket the money?  Maybe producing a false purchase as part of a huge scam? Maybe it is just nonsense.  Strange she quoted a number though.  2.2 million USD.  Anyway, this whole thing seems shady and I'm curious to find out if this comes to light.  Cloak and dagger anyway you spin it.

That info just muddies the waters and makes it harder to stay on track. stuff like that should not be posted without a link. Surely she must have read it somewhere so where is the link? 

5 minutes ago, keysersoze276 said:

Perhaps he learned too well lol.

1 minute ago, madmen said:

That info just muddies the waters and makes it harder to stay on track. stuff like that should not be posted without a link. Surely she must have read it somewhere so where is the link? 

I don't know yet.  That's why I said I don't know where that news came from.  I've been following on here (read all 12 pages of comments) and on other sites and idk anything other than he was allegedly arrested at Pullman Hotel in BKK and allegedly his computer was seized.  Maybe she read it or heard it on the radio or on television news.  She got that specific number from somewhere though.  The whole damn thing could be fake news for all I know.  

This is interesting 

"The Thai Immigration Facebook page also appeared to have been taken down on Saturday."      Why?  Could be a  small window of hope there. I wouldn't be doing a runner for at least another month and see how it all washes up

https://news.thaivisa.com/article/33850/breaking-rumors-abound-has-big-joke-been-transferred-to-rtp-headquarters

44 minutes ago, The Man Who Sold the World said:

uhm… sarcasm right - "four embassies decide by themselves" to stop providing required documents that they have been providing to their citizens for years - simultaneously by themselves, yup, coincidental, entirely, no common thread here. Yup, don't need Sherlock Holmes to connect those dots

Only 3 countries do not provide LOI anymore: US, UK & AU.

Easy to find common threads: They are all based on UK laws, and they all decided to stop providing LOI when their new laws about Private Data protection became effective...

39 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

Yeah and where did you get this info from?  A far more likely scenario is they were pressured and caved.  I would say no small coincidence a few of these embassies have been critical of a non elected government.

Let me get this straight.

The US, UK, Australia and one other caved in when pressured by the mighty Thailand? 

Just read that back to yourself. Really.

Its all very secretive news. Things are happening.

I only hope the changes and Big Joke's replacement considers the long term expats who only have good intentions for this country and its people but I doubt that will be given any thought whatsoever. 

4 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Only 3 countries do not provide LOI anymore: US, UK & AU.

Easy to find common threads: They are all based on UK laws, and they all decided to stop providing LOI when their new laws about Private Data protection became effective...

If memory serves me right (because this topic doesn't apply to me personally), those embassies did that because TH Immigration insisted the embassies investigate and further validate income claims.

4 minutes ago, keysersoze276 said:

If memory serves me right (because this topic doesn't apply to me personally), those embassies did that because TH Immigration insisted the embassies investigate and further validate income claims.

It’s a similar situation to embassies verifying degrees. The UK embassy never verified UK degrees. They merely confirmed that the person who wanted the degree verified told them it was real. Not sure if they provide that service anymore. 

His actions and publicity seeking have obviously hacked a number of people off. The nail in the coffin will be something to do with people’s financial interests ... people who make money from foreigners might be making less due to him. Good riddance.

The poster boy of the police force known for his crime busting exploits [...] has been ordered to go to RTP HQ immediately. 

Best place to pursue his crime-busting exploits IMO.

Archived