Need urgent advise about how to deal with Dogbites

samtyi

5 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

Sounds like you have no clue as how to train your dogs. I had Rottweilers all

my life they would not bite another dog unless it was in self defense I think you should take your dogs to be trained because you cannot do it 

He also needs to be trained to handle the dogs.

like previously stated, No bad dogs, just bad owners.

I believe he said he had two of them. One day he might be in the nasty situation of them turning on him. Probably one of the worst deaths being ripped apart by two pit bulls. And as for telling a drunk to stay away from his dog.......DUMB.....drunks don't do what they are told. It was his responsibility to keep the dog away from the drunk or anybody else. Even Thais put a muzzle over a crazy dog. That's why I like cats, because they are smarter than dog owners.....555.

On 4/7/2019 at 11:29 AM, samsensam said:

yet another 'newbie' troll post.

can something be done to monitor remove, block this rubbish?

The ignore button works apparently.  I wouldn't know as I love the flaming back to my posts. 

I've never ignored anyone and never will.  

On 4/7/2019 at 11:44 AM, neeray said:

It's people like you samtyi, with your vicious-looking and vicious pit bull, that ruin dog walks for people like me. People see me on leashed walks (not in Thailand) with my ever-so-friendly Brittany and they want to pet her. But first, some ask, "does it bite"? What an insult! But I guess they have all read the stories about pit bulls, with reckless owners like you, biting people.

And I ask. Why the ( self deleted) would you take a viscous animal like this out on a walk and leave it unattended, without a muzzle, while you go into a store? My gawd man. Have you lost all common sense?

Might get a better reaction if you posted in the gay forum?  Brittany?? 

Nice animals you have there. Why not add a tiger to the mix? You seem capable of handling it. Get rid of these animals you obviously have no control over and never own anything bigger than a hamster. 

On 4/6/2019 at 8:00 PM, yosib157 said:

in England there s an expression 'no such thing as a bad dog only bad owners'. 

For years I bred, hunted and showed Gordon Setters - a Scottish hunting dog. My biggest dog could power a German Shepherd down and once dragged one into the sea without biting through the skin. I trained him to behave in a show ring where at his best he came second out of 240 others; yet he would still protect my home and family.

In Thailand I trained our Rottweiler to the same level.

You asked for advice so here is mine. You take the victim to the local hospital and pay for his treatment. If there is any change from the allotted 2,000, then invest it into paying someone to teach you how to train your dog not to bite other animals or drunks.

Pit Bulls have enormous jaw strength but all do not bite people only handled ones do.

Train your dog and avoid such events.  

Train your dog and avoid such events.  

get rid of those dogs ......................no good will come of this if you keep them, their trouble 

Rottweilers , pitbulls , dobermans and maybe others  are as we know very strong animals . Indeed a one on one attack on a human , even a young strong man , the outcome looks dire for the human . I have heard the argument from both sides before but what you cannot deny is the fact that these dogs have the potential to inflict serious injuries or kill. This has happened in the UK on several occasions especially when children are involved . I have 4 friends who have rottweiler, pitbull , German Shepherd and doberman . Whenever I go to the friends houses I have this " be aware / fear " when the dogs come to me even though they are with their owner accept for the G/S that has a wonderful temperament and gets excited when I visit . Maybe a compromise in that the dogs wear a muzzle during day times would mitigate any serious threat and then if a guard dog at night to be unmuzzled . Having said all that I have seen untrained , aggressive  , roped & chained dogs mentioned above that should be in a zoo .  Not to mention the soi dog problems .  

8 hours ago, emptypockets said:

Dogs are not the problem. Humans are.  Admit defeat and shoot the dogs. 

Harsh advice but true. 

Start again with animal s you can control. 

Maybe goldfish.

Don't recommend tigers or elephants at this stage. 

Dogs are not the problem. Humans are.  Admit defeat and shoot the dogs yourself.

Have you all noticed the latest response from the op?

Neither have i.

I find it strange that the 'dog experts" on here forget that what the op's 4/5 month old dog did is impossible.It is just a baby and not even has a full mouth of teeth yet.

It is just not possible!!!Five month old killer puppy on the loose,yeah right!!!

Don't believe its true but if so you are not the type who should own a dog let alone a pitbull !!!

Dogs are very rarely aggressive from birth and trained and looked after properly even the most aggressive ones will be calm until told not to be or highly provoked .

If you have dogs like this now as pups and let them run around unchecked or not on a leash then you are asking for trouble and an idiot !! Dogs usually are aggressive from basic survival instinct if living wild but only if feel provoked or to win food over other dogs. Any household dog that is aggressive is usually due to the way it has been brought up or treated by the owner ! Get a cat !!!

On 4/7/2019 at 10:44 AM, Pilotman said:

the cat, who really is the boss, of us all !!.   

We bought the home and it went into wife name, but still the cat owns the house ????

On 4/6/2019 at 7:23 PM, samtyi said:

I need advise what to do about a problem of mine. I own 2 Pitbull Pups 4-5 Months, female and male.

I know myself that my female Pitbull will Bite IF you provoke her or touch her. She has bitten 2 Dogs dead already in front of our house. Both Dog had NO owner. Her first bite was to protect my

She is not a pup:

Put her down, out of her and our, the people, missery.

Attacking dogs are prone to receive rabbies. Then you have one thing to do; Old Yeller him.

She is a pup: Call yourself lucky that the straydogs were not owned and apparently weak and little and not a child that was playing in front of your home but go to a training, 'whack' her when she shows 'protective' and love her when she is calm.

This can't be tolerated. Never.

Real good dogs are not that over-protective or selfish on their 'ground'.

Good dogs accept other dogs, and only get in action if their 'boss' are attacked and said so.

grandmother when she was cleaning in front of our house. Dog(Thai dog 2-3 years old) (owner left him when he moved out) wanted to bite my grandmother so she attacked and end up killing the Dog.

Hardly to believe, if she was cleaning then she had broom or something and 'wanted' is just vague, no reason for the pitbull to attack. Only on order or when the other dog really attacks.

Until a couple days she never ever bite a human.

In their wrong-tought eyes humans are no more or less then other dogs.

Mostly less.

4 days ago when i came home from my daily Dog walk, i stop to buy some milk and ramen from the shop near our House. I lock my Dog onto a tree and told those drunk people that were drinking not to touch my dogs because it will bite you. They didn't listen and he got bitten on the Leg after he touch her but part.

Such dogs are better left home, chained and locked. 

You already know her attitude.

I told my grand mom that i can offer him 2000 baht for the doctors bill, i know you can get the doc shots for 30 baht.

In every area(Khon Kaen) you got those places where you go with you ID card and can get injections or little thinks like cold etc fixed, its a small government clinic.

If you go to hospital you would need to pay around 500-600 baht(if you ask why i know this is because i got bitten a couple times from stray dogs haha).

A full tetanus and rabbies cost 3500, no less. Unless sneaky Saline solution was given instead.

Thai get coverage under their scheme.

Now i need some advice from you guys what to do?  Should i pay or should i let the police handle it.

Go to the police station, turn yourself in, maybe they are looking for a troll.

If gobblins are still in the pits and stones are still around, then you could go to the Baan Pu Yai, for a talk, and go to the police tell your story have it noted and do nothing.

1 hour ago, donim said:

We bought the home and it went into wife name, but still the cat owns the house ????

we brought our cat from the UK, where she owned the house.  Apparently, without paying a cent for it, she owns this one to.  How many homes does a cat need?

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

we brought our cat from the UK, where she owned the house.  Apparently, without paying a cent for it, she owns this one to.  How many homes does a cat need?

It's never enough for them, if there's  a open window, they will own the home next door too. Inclusive the people living in there.

But filling the TM30, then they have no clue.

Properly brought up, pit bulls in my experience are a worthwhile dog to have, loyal, intelligent, protective. I don't have pit bulls but the 7 dogs I do have were initially whacked hard when they were naughty, they are always happy to see me and come immediately whatever they are doing, when called, by name. Haven't done more than occasionally raise my hand for years now
You can't train dogs with love alone. Pit bulls however, don't care if you hit them once they get their teeth in.

I have 3 pit bulls, between 3 - 11 years old, absolutely great dogs.

There is no doubt the aggression is there, they require constant supervision. When myself or wife are about no problems, when we go out they are not left together.

I have 3 other dogs, no problems. One of the is a 3kg Pom, now that’s a vicious little bar steward lol.

Pit bulls ( like all dogs ) are immensely loyal and protective. You need to be careful when high excitement, that’s the most dangerous time.

With regards to the drunk loser, I’d give him SFA.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

a dog can learn 15 minutes in one session minimum 3 times a day, depends on motivation but most Important always at the same time. 5 o'clock is 5 o'clock and not sooner or later. Same counts for feeding, there are strict meal times twice a day.

My dogs are Bang Kaew (well known to be fruit cakes) and German Shepard (great Guard Dogs) and they started not before 2 years of age to really learn. (Usually dogs can be trained at one year..)

Mine can walk free without lead, fully ignoring any stranger in Public and if touched both are pushing each others out of the way to make the most out of the petting.. Waving tails, giving "high five" and sometimes quick looking around, picking up whatever is nearby like a stick, a piece of plastic or a leaf to give it to the Stranger to stand off his brother for more belly petting.

but when on our turf they are turning into the opposite, allow only to come in when I or my wife open the gate and if we are happy to see our visitor they lick hands, turn over for some belly scratching which they love the most.

This is only possible when the dogs get their times and most Important when the owner takes all time and patience of the world to teach them. 

They might be for a long time stubborn but from one day to the other they change completely, sitting in front of you and looking with a slightly turned head and raised ears like they want to say: Whats next we will play (not learn)

That is the moment they understand your language. 

When you are outside do not get into panic even you not show uncertain it they will feel it. be cool and relaxed and they are the same.

It has nothing to do with a fighting dog, its the owner.. A dog need much care not only going on a walk.. A both sides developed language is not to achieve in one year, its going on for all their life..

Archived