Accomodation Prior To Finding Apartment

Hello guys, i am moving over to bangkok real soon finally, ticket's on 1mths from now.

now, i plan to stay in a hotel for the 1st week while i go around recceing the apartments i already have noted down.

however i alsowish to save down costs for hotel accomomation

preferbly along ratchadapisek/hwaykwang area or petburi(yaomarat area)

looking for hotels tat charge < 650 / night.

i prefer not to be around khaosan area

any help guys.. ?

Hello guys, i am moving over to bangkok real soon finally, ticket's on 1mths from now.

now, i plan to stay in a hotel for the 1st week while i go around recceing the apartments i already have noted down.

however i alsowish to save down costs for hotel accomomation

preferbly along ratchadapisek/hwaykwang area or petburi(yaomarat area)

looking for hotels tat charge < 650 / night.

i prefer not to be around khaosan area

any help guys.. ?

i guess its not permitted to post URLs here, so I recommend u to perform a google search on "nasavegashotel". 2 huge highrise buildings, hotel and serviced appartements. the daily rate is just 590, but no BF included. its at the beginning of Ramkamhaeng road, so not the specific area u require, but there are buses aplenty passing in front of the hotel, so u can do ur survey-tour on a budget (buy the 50-Baht "busroutes in bangkok" - Map first, its the best map of greater BKK anyway).

as u r not eager to mix with the Khaosan-Trash (which I can fully understand :o ), this hotel could be a "value-for-money" that is hard to beat in BKK.

plenty of appartements available in Ramkamhaeng area as well, starting at 2.000+ Bt. (in case u r on a budget). on the downside, traffic is horrendous at Ramkamhaeng, though....

Try a google search for Bangkok City Suite and you will find their website. The cost is 750 baht a night. The rooms are clean and good a/c and if you have a laptop the wireless is free in the room. It is a minimum 10 minute walk to the BTS and more likely 15 minutes unless you dont mind breaking a sweat.

I enjoyed my stay there last year and ended up staying for a month and a half.

Cheers

Try a google search for Bangkok City Suite and you will find their website. The cost is 750 baht a night. The rooms are clean and good a/c and if you have a laptop the wireless is free in the room. It is a minimum 10 minute walk to the BTS and more likely 15 minutes unless you dont mind breaking a sweat.

Cheers

actually i stayed at bangkok city suite before and sure to say i kindda liked it, but this time it increased to 750 (was 650 previously) so the 100 baht difference kindda makes a big differences when you're staying for a week or more.

Was pretty sure there are other hotels around the 650 range other den just bangkok city within tha area?

just cant seem to find em on the net...

Cheers

actually i stayed at bangkok city suite before and sure to say i kindda liked it, but this time it increased to 750 (was 650 previously) so the 100 baht difference kindda makes a big differences when you're staying for a week or more.

Was pretty sure there are other hotels around the 650 range other den just bangkok city within tha area?

Thats less than £1.50.

Can Falangs really be that poor/cheap?

Thats less than £1.50.

i am not a farang ...

• 1 month later...
Thats less than £1.50.

My thoughts exactly. Whilst a goo dmeal can indeed be had for Bt100, coming to Bangkok and having to play with Bt100 a day over just one week is, well, worying ?

Bt100 a day over a year I understand but Bt700 over a week ?

''Can Falangs really be that poor/cheap?''

2 years ago in Pattaya one character was advertising for a fully furnished room, MAX. 4.000 per month inc.water and electric, t.v. etc.

and the owner to sublet when he was awy for a few days.

Plenty of skint members about.

''Can Falangs really be that poor/cheap?''

2 years ago in Pattaya one character was advertising for a fully furnished room, MAX. 4.000 per month inc.water and electric, t.v. etc.

and the owner to sublet when he was awy for a few days.

Plenty of skint members about.

For sure, embarrsing again some posters,if there want cheap cheap baclpackers etc then please go Laos or Cambodia,for chris@ts sake at airport let immo demand proof of 2000 bht per day entry visa please. stay at home if you cant meet these demands or go further afeild.