Thailand Travel Shield: TAT offers travel insurance for foreign tourists

rooster59

14 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

Poor value and poor coverage as compared to the UK market. 

Perhaps certain other countries are lacking, such as China and India. Haven't checked.

This isn’t the UK and you cannot compare one market with another for the same reason that even taking exchange rates into account you can buy return airline tickets from the UK to Aus cheaper than Aus to the UK.

I will not even start to discuss the difference in labor rates between here and the UK or Aus.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

This isn’t the UK and you cannot compare one market with another for the same reason that even taking exchange rates into account you can buy return airline tickets from the UK to Aus cheaper than Aus to the UK.

I will not even start to discuss the difference in labor rates between here and the UK or Aus.

What on earth are you going on about? You analogies are way off base.

This is a product for Inbound tourists, meant to be purchased online before travel. So in direct competition for a policy bought in your home country.

So if your home country offers better policies at better prices, what is the incentive to purchase?

Why pay more for a product that offers less?

Difference in labor(sic) rates? What has that to do with the price of fish?

Not sure if I read the thing properly, but the scheme better cover accident insurance with say stupid tourist bikers riding with no licence for instance ? what about that ? ? ? ? As there seen to be nore incidents related to accidents then plain sickness when the tourists are concerned...

Archived