PEA to cover road holes for Songkran

Rimmer

PEA to cover road holes for Songkran

image.png

PATTAYA:--The Provincial Electricity Authority plans to cover holes on Central Road before Songkran to prevent traffic jams during the Thai New Year.

PEA Manager Thanu Surachaisingwit said work to submerge wires along Central Road from Sukhumvit to Beach Road and down to Walking Street would be suspended and the road returned to a usable state by April 11.

The road will not be repaved, however. Instead, the utility will lay large steel sheets over holes. Construction will resume on April 20.

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-04-07--

2 hours ago, Rimmer said:

lay large steel sheets

Hopefully no songkran parties here, these sheets getting damn slippery with water and talcium.

Temporary fill (protect drunk zombies) , and leave the barriages. Slowing down the traffic there isn't a big issue it will save lifes.

When was this project started? Certainly I don't recall seeing any evidence of it last time I went down Klang, although I mostly turn off at 3rd. It just seems like a recently started project and it might have been simpler to delay the start until after Songkran? I don't know why I even bother. 

On 4/7/2019 at 12:30 PM, donim said:

Hopefully no songkran parties here, these sheets getting damn slippery with water and talcium.

Temporary fill (protect drunk zombies) , and leave the barriages. Slowing down the traffic there isn't a big issue it will save lifes.

what is TALCIUM???????????????

On 4/7/2019 at 12:30 PM, donim said:

They also tend to distort leaving 4 nice sharp corners sticking up. Good for your new wet weather tyres, not.

20 hours ago, essox essox said:

just how does one "repave" a road.....re pave means replace OLD PAVING STONES on PAVEMENTS !!!!!

Had it not been originally paved, was it a road in the first place? 

Oxford dictionary states 'paved' as meaning covered with concrete, asphalt, stones, or bricks: 

Archived