Parking in Mukdahan

PhoSai

Morning,

Any expats in Mukdahan know whether or not there is secure parking at the bus to there ? I am riding my motorbike from Ubon to Mukdahan and then popping over the border for a visa renewal. I want to leave the motorbike somewhere safe. 

Thanks in advance.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

There is secure parking just before the bridge. Then you can walk to the office just before immigration to buy a bus ticket.

Thanks. Thats great, means I can literally ride right up to the border and just leave it there for 2 days. 

Just now, Liverpudlian said:

A tad off topic but i hear there are severe delays for visas, seen it here somewhere on the forum.

I thought that was in Vientiane not Savannakhet ?!

Just now, ubonjoe said:

There is secure parking just before the bridge. Then you can walk to the office just before immigration to buy a bus ticket.

Are you aware of any delays at Savannakhet ? Thanks

Just now, Somtamnication said:

I think there is a 250 charge if it stays overnight. If you are only doing and out-in visa renewal, then there are no charges. (No idea if that is for cars only or bikes as well).

Thanks for that. Im doing a Non O application so will be for 1 night. 250 baht is well worth it though, if it means the bike is really secure. I was thinking of just getting a cheap hotel and wasting the room, just to use the car park. Might stick with the parking at the border though.

There is bike parking there, I know because I came back from Savannakhet with a friend who had parked his brand new Suzuki there. He had a pretty hefty lock, I would suggest you use one too as the bike parking is fairly hidden from view. I'm talking about the parking right at the border crossing.

On 4/7/2019 at 12:33 PM, PhoSai said:

Thanks for that. Im doing a Non O application so will be for 1 night. 250 baht is well worth it though, if it means the bike is really secure. I was thinking of just getting a cheap hotel and wasting the room, just to use the car park. Might stick with the parking at the border though.

Never ever leave your bike in Mukdahan, park it at the bridge! My friend had his bike in Mukdahan and it was gone when he came back. And yes, use a lock. 

On 4/15/2019 at 7:51 PM, Isaanbiker said:

Never ever leave your bike in Mukdahan, park it at the bridge! My friend had his bike in Mukdahan and it was gone when he came back. And yes, use a lock. 

I left it at a hotel which had secure parking and security. I did pop into the parking at the bridge though, to check for next time. It seemed OK.

Archived