Extension of stay for Retirement

3 hours ago, merlen10002 said:

If I am correct about the no money in the bank for another three months why would anyone that has some income do the 800,000 Bath in the bank method ? just saying. 

1. Your report is the first one that I have read this year that resulted in an extension based on retirement using the combination method without an Embassy Letter.  Thank you for your report. 
2. You had proof of what I assume is a government pension which may have made a difference.  Many people retired in Thailand do not have a pension of any type, government or private, and live off savings and investments.
3. Someone with a pension who made an inquiry in January was told by Jomtien Immigration that the combination method was not acceptable.
4. A poster was refused the combination method at Phuket Immigration, so he went to Savannakhet and got a 1-year Non-O-ME which will require him to do a border run every 90 days.  He had proof of a UK government pension but not from his Embassy.
5. Phetchabun Immigration is handing out written statements that appear to say that neither the combination method nor the income method will be accepted in 2020 from applicants that don't have a proof of pension letter from their Embassy.  
6. Everyone is not able to have their monthly transfers from abroad show up as a foreign transfer into their Thai bank account.  TransferWise is hit or miss and many credit unions and small banks in the United States do not offer SWIFT transfers.

3. https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1080537-my-trip-to-jomtien-immigration/

4. https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1081801-multi-entries-non-o-retirement-non-immigrant-for-being-retired-but-multi-entry-where-to-get-it-around-thailand/?tab=comments#comment-13799322

5. https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1083530-the-latest-info-on-retirement-visas-from-immigrations/

• Like 1

Did my extension of stay for retirement last Thursday at Jomtien, used the combination method money in the bank and income, no embassy letter , all very easy and quick no problems.
I am Australian , I contacted Centerlink in December asked for a letter confirming my pension amount and to confirm Centerlink deposits the pension in my Thai bank in Thai Bath every 28 days, this can only be done by the international branch in Tasmania, they have a free number, they are very helpful will even call you back in Thailand, only the international branch in Tasmania can do this for overseas pensioners. if anyone wants to do this they should count on six to eight weeks to receive a letter because of the Thai postal system. I believe that no cost for this and no cost on my Thai account.   
I had a letter for the money in the bank from my Thai bank, and a print out of all the deposits for the last 12 months and another letter for that account, I have one account for the pension and one for the money in the bank, I do not touch the money in the bank account so I know it is always there, had all the copies of bank books, passport, rent contract etc.
No mention of money staying in the bank for three months after the stay was granted,  
Picked up my passport the on Friday afternoon . 
All very easy and quick 
If I am correct about the no money in the bank for another three months why would anyone that has some income do the 800,000 Bath in the bank method ? just saying. 
Apart from bank statement, did they ask for any other proof of income?