German tourist savagely raped and murdered on Koh Si Chang - Thai man charged

webfact

German tourist savagely raped and murdered on Koh Si Chang - Thai man charged

1pm1.jpg
Picture: Daily News

A 27 year old German tourist was viciously raped and murdered on Koh Si Chang off the Chonburi coast on Sunday. 

The murderer attempted to hide her battered and bloodied body on a hillside. 

A police manhunt through the afternoon resulted in the evening arrest of a 24 year old Thai man who has admitted to the crime. 

screenshot_8992.jpg
Picture: Thai Rath

The 27 year old victim who police understand had been staying in Pattaya and was taking a day trip to the island after boarding a boat in Sri Racha. She had arrived at 12 noon and rented a motorbike. 

screenshot_8993.jpg
Picture: Thai Rath

Another tourist looking for a place to take pictures found her partially hidden under rocks and bracken on the hill leading up to the Chula Jorm Klao flag in the Thathewawong sub-district. 

Koh Si Chang police on the scene saw only an arm protruding from large and small rocks. The victims face and head had been bludgeoned and there was blood all over her legs one of which was broken behind the knee. 

She was wearing underwear and a knee length skirt and had been dead for at least 5 hours, reported Thai Rath.

Daily News said that her neck had been broken.  

A manhunt was conducted on the island with everyone coming and going investigated. A local man was soon in custody. 

He was named as 24 year old Ronnakorn Romreun. After a three hour interrogation he has reportedly admitted to the crime. 

Thai Rath said that he had approached the victim and been rebuffed. He then followed her and raped her before bludgeoning her to death to cover up his crime. 

He has been charged with rape, murder and concealing a corpse. 

Source: Thai Rath | Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-04-08

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, khwaibah said:

Cap him now. End of.

Would that be before or after we find out if he was tortured until he confessed, possibly to a crime he didn't commit? 

It's amazing what people will cop to when you have a positive lead on the left nut and negative lead on the right one.

If guilty, then throw the key away. A truly appalling crime if it did indeed pan out as what he confessed to.

Huge condolences to her family and loved ones.

As a side note, i sincerely hope this goes viral. These sort of incidents need to be known about by tourists (prospective and otherwise)

25 minutes ago, impulse said:

Would that be before or after we find out if he was tortured until he confessed, possibly to a crime he didn't commit? 

It's amazing what people will cop to when you have a positive lead on the left nut and negative lead on the right one.

And what happened to the laws that suspects faces are not allowed to be shown until proven guilty?

48 minutes ago, webfact said:

After a three hour interrogation he has reportedly admitted to the crime. 

I am constantly amazed at how police are able to elicit a confession from 'suspects'.  Is there a secret interrogation method they use?

A very nasty crime and a sad end to a young ladies life.

2 minutes ago, Prairieboy said:

I am constantly amazed at how police are able to elicit a confession from 'suspects'.  Is there a secret interrogation method they use?

Assuming these people are the perpetrators I would say it's usually a lack of intelligence in being able to deny the crime. It's not easy even for very clever people to get away with murder, right?

16 minutes ago, Prairieboy said:

If the plastic bag method does not work,it's on to the boiling water....joking of cause????

regards Worgeordie

Its interesting that just because the police made a quick arrest some people immediately presume that this guy has been "persuaded" to confess. Yes, I'm well aware that forced confessions allegedly happen here, but maybe, just maybe this bloke is as guilty as hell. DNA testing should prove it one way or another.   

20 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Take any country with tens of millions of visitors every year of whom many are solo female travelers, and if said country is somewhat third world place like Thailand populated with neanderthal human trash scums such as the man above and the inevitable will happen... 

probably denisovan

2 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

Its interesting that just because the police made a quick arrest some people immediately presume that this guy has been "persuaded" to confess. Yes, I'm well aware that forced confessions allegedly happen here, but maybe, just maybe this bloke is as guilty as hell. DNA testing should prove it one way or another.   

unless the DNA is "lost"

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Guess you're right, but it should be easy to check if he's guilty or not. DNA, fingerprints etc.

RIP young lady. You should have been safe to travel the world. NZ recently had a similar case where a young british backpacker was raped and murdered. It attracted world headlines and hopefully this does too. 

No amount of taxi drivers giving back some valuables found will help offset the PR damage this does to Thailand. 

7 minutes ago, SammyT said:

RIP young lady. You should have been safe to travel the world. NZ recently had a similar case where a young british backpacker was raped and murdered. It attracted world headlines and hopefully this does too. 

No amount of taxi drivers giving back some valuables found will help offset the PR damage this does to Thailand. 

Exactly. I told my daughter, who is a 5 foot tall Asian expat and backpacker all over Asia, to avoid NZ because of violence against women.

My advice to women travelling in Thailand would be to exercise a higher degree of caution than you may have believed was adequate in the past. I believe the incidence of sexual assaults against women may be on the rise in Thailand. While the vast majority of Thai men are totally decent blokes, there is a growing underclass of Thai men who, having fallen through the cracks of the educational system and been raised in home environments with poor or non-existent parental supervision, often struggle to be reliable bread winners and to form households, have poor impulse control skills, and turn to alcohol and drug abuse to dull the reality of their lives, all risk factors which raise the risk of sexual assault. My reason for suspecting this may be a growing problem is that both income inequality and urbanization trends are accelerating, and these trends, in turn, are exacerbating the number of children raised in single-parent or no-parent families, particularly in rural areas.

16 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

My advice to women travelling in Thailand would be to exercise a higher degree of caution than you may have believed was adequate in the past. I believe the incidence of sexual assaults against women may be on the rise in Thailand. While the vast majority of Thai men are totally decent blokes, there is a growing underclass of Thai men who, having fallen through the cracks of the educational system and been raised in home environments with poor or non-existent parental supervision, often struggle to be reliable bread winners and to form households, have poor impulse control skills, and turn to alcohol and drug abuse to dull the reality of their lives, all risk factors which raise the risk of sexual assault. My reason for suspecting this may be a growing problem is that both income inequality and urbanization trends are accelerating, and these trends are exacerbating the number of children raised in single-parent or no-parent families, particularly in rural areas.

wouldn't '  beware of the scum '  been simpler to write.

16 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

My advice to women travelling in Thailand would be to exercise a higher degree of caution than you may have believed was adequate in the past. I believe the incidence of sexual assaults against women may be on the rise in Thailand. While the vast majority of Thai men are totally decent blokes, there is a growing underclass of Thai men who, having fallen through the cracks of the educational system and been raised in home environments with poor or non-existent parental supervision, often struggle to be reliable bread winners and to form households, have poor impulse control skills, and turn to alcohol and drug abuse to dull the reality of their lives, all risk factors which raise the risk of sexual assault. My reason for suspecting this may be a growing problem is that both income inequality and urbanization trends are accelerating, and these trends, in turn, are exacerbating the number of children raised in single-parent or no-parent families, particularly in rural areas.

Beware what may lie  behind the smile....

Archived