German tourist savagely raped and murdered on Koh Si Chang - Thai man charged

webfact

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Usual MO for an uneducated scumbag local man in crime situation. He saw something he wanted, got rebuffed, couldn't control his emotions/issues over rejection, thought he was special and clever enough to take it anyway because it's "Me" and will get away with it, forgot that the cops can find people pretty fast if they really want to, denials/excuses don't wash and then when it's over and he realises he's bang-to-rights he admits it (whilst laying blame at the door of something outrageous like "I got angry") so as to get half his sentence written off and will be quietly released after 5 years max. As only 24, will probably be a rinse & repeat experience for him.

32 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

here come the apologists...

It ain't an apology to mention that there are far more dangerous places than Thailand. Thailand is still relatively safe compared to other countries.

I hope the murder gets what he deserves. RIP young lady.

2 hours ago, AGareth2 said:

he has admitted guilt

Admitting guilt and being guilty are two completely separate things. 

I suggest that looking into the case in Narborough, Leicestershire where two girls were raped and murdered may give perspective on that. It was the first time DNA was used both to exonerate someone who admitted to the crimes and convict a man who actually did them. 

Rooster

14 minutes ago, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

I am amazed at how quickly the Thai police always seem to apprehend a suspect.

This was a remote area with no witnesses or CCTV. 

But he was caught in a couple of hours, notwithstanding that the island is small.

RIP to the innocent girl. 

Time and time again, despite the assurances of people who mercilessly bash the Thai police for their incompetence, we see crime quickly cleared up by the RTP.

Sure, one can only wonder at some of their methods but in many cases their results are speedy. This was a terribly serious crime with dire consequences. If proven guilty the suspect will face the death sentence without any doubt at all. 

Rooster

7 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

If this was part of my family I would seriously consider paying someone inside prison to take care of the problem.

Hmmm... with that logic, this world could do away with these man made laws???

2 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Its interesting that just because the police made a quick arrest some people immediately presume that this guy has been "persuaded" to confess. Yes, I'm well aware that forced confessions allegedly happen here, but maybe, just maybe this bloke is as guilty as hell. DNA testing should prove it one way or another.   

lets hope evidence is no longer wheeled-in on a shopping trolley; having been handled more times than the Olympic torch!

My condolences to the family of the victim of this despicable crime.

What sort of inane question is that....oh ok right you caught me, I masturbate to crime scene photos...I hate being outed.*insert mega eye roll here*

Here ya go Francis, my general policy. Murderers should be caught, tried and punished in accordance with law which for me means innocent until proven guilty. So I try not to join the baying mob waving pitchforks heading to the Old Windmill chasing what they think is evil.

In most countries where you are innocent until proven guilty, a confession can waive the right to a trial and go straight to the sentencing phase. In this case, the police have a confession. So no need to have any court trial to prove him guilty.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The transition over the years from a fun loving Buddhist Kingdom to a materialistic maniacal commercial society left many out of the loop. Now you have lesser educated people who are taking short cuts to have all that the elite take for granted.  The outcome is an insane "gotta-have-it" drug /alcohol have nots, falling off the edges.  Thailand needs some serious adjustments. It's really sad.

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

And what happened to the laws that suspects faces are not allowed to be shown until proven guilty?

Those laws are not Thai laws. We often see arrested suspects 'pointing' at crime scenes in the local media with their faces visible.

3 hours ago, AGareth2 said:

And what happened to the laws that suspects faces are not allowed to be shown until proven guilty?

he has admitted guilt

or no immigrant scapegoats readily available so a non connected thai will do in the interim.  innocent until proven guilty, hopefully.

police elicited confessions are not confidence inspiring though i'm not saying didnt do it or not.  time will tell

Today is Monday.  That law is enforced on another day of the week.  Thursday perhaps?

RIP young lady.  Hopefully your demise,  and other victims of rape and brutal savagery in LOS, will not go unnoticed.  

What is the name of the German girl?

Normally this would be a big news story in the Western media, someone should tell them .  RIP to the girl. 

4 hours ago, impulse said:

Would that be before or after we find out if he was tortured until he confessed, possibly to a crime he didn't commit? 

It's amazing what people will cop to when you have a positive lead on the left nut and negative lead on the right one.

I'm happy to read some people still have a critical mind and common sense, we're in Thailand after all....

9 minutes ago, twocatsmac said:

I lived in Belfast as a kid during the troubles and the city had the lowest rape crimes in the world. 

Of course the punishment if found guilty was death because we all had mothers, sisters and daughters.

Violence was used to interrogate suspects but the community were all in agreement with this. 

The punishment was equal to the crime. 

so murder for rape

seems fair

1 minute ago, balo said:

What is the name of the German girl?

Normally this would be a big news story in the Western media, someone should tell them .  RIP to the girl. 

maybe the family have not as yet been notified

2 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

My advice to women travelling in Thailand would be to exercise a higher degree of caution than you may have believed was adequate in the past. I believe the incidence of sexual assaults against women may be on the rise in Thailand. While the vast majority of Thai men are totally decent blokes, there is a growing underclass of Thai men who, having fallen through the cracks of the educational system and been raised in home environments with poor or non-existent parental supervision, often struggle to be reliable bread winners and to form households, have poor impulse control skills, and turn to alcohol and drug abuse to dull the reality of their lives, all risk factors which raise the risk of sexual assault. My reason for suspecting this may be a growing problem is that both income inequality and urbanization trends are accelerating, and these trends, in turn, are exacerbating the number of children raised in single-parent or no-parent families, particularly in rural areas.

IMO I believe a lot of conditions that you describe have existed a long time unfortunately. I think that a lot of these guys 'fall through the cracks' of prison sentencing/rehabilitation, and that they are released prematurely (due to the overloaded prisons full of drug possessors) and without enough supervision. There's is also a huge amount of mentally ill people that end up being cared for in the prison system instead of mental hospitals-which is also very common in the west, and these people are released without treatment. When it comes to sexual crimes, prisoners don't face the same punishments here as they do in the west. The majority of crimes that garner consistent strict sentencing are drug offences though there are exceptions. As equality between the sexes are years behind other nations it appears that sex crimes of rape/assault aren't judged with the severity they should be. If the majority of sexual assault victims were men this wouldn't be the case. Due to the fact this man also committed murder he should be in store for a longer sentence but it wouldn't surprise me that one day he walks free which IMO would not occur in most countries. 

1 hour ago, Jane Dough said:

Time and time again, despite the assurances of people who mercilessly bash the Thai police for their incompetence, we see crime quickly cleared up by the RTP.

Sure, one can only wonder at some of their methods but in many cases their results are speedy. This was a terribly serious crime with dire consequences. If proven guilty the suspect will face the death sentence without any doubt at all. 

Rooster

let's check the DNA tests before condemning him to death...!?

Archived