BANGKOK
webfact

German tourist savagely raped and murdered on Koh Si Chang - Thai man charged

16 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

My advice to women travelling in Thailand would be to exercise a higher degree of caution than you may have believed was adequate in the past. I believe the incidence of sexual assaults against women may be on the rise in Thailand. While the vast majority of Thai men are totally decent blokes, there is a growing underclass of Thai men who, having fallen through the cracks of the educational system and been raised in home environments with poor or non-existent parental supervision, often struggle to be reliable bread winners and to form households, have poor impulse control skills, and turn to alcohol and drug abuse to dull the reality of their lives, all risk factors which raise the risk of sexual assault. My reason for suspecting this may be a growing problem is that both income inequality and urbanization trends are accelerating, and these trends, in turn, are exacerbating the number of children raised in single-parent or no-parent families, particularly in rural areas.

Beware what may lie  behind the smile....

• Thanks 1

I'm taking the confession with a grain of salt; convenient confessions are not uncommon here. But Koh Si Chang is a tiny place, and it would not be hard to track down a criminal there if he was not part of the inner community.

I am amazed at how quickly the Thai police always seem to apprehend a suspect.

This was a remote area with no witnesses or CCTV. 

But he was caught in a couple of hours, notwithstanding that the island is small.

RIP to the innocent girl. 

• Like 1

She come on holiday now going home in a box.

R.I.P Lady.

What a disgusting vile man. hope very bad things come to him in Jail. 

• Like 2

If this was part of my family I would seriously consider paying someone inside prison to take care of the problem.

7 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

If this was part of my family I would seriously consider paying someone inside prison to take care of the problem.

Hmmm... with that logic, this world could do away with these man made laws???

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Its interesting that just because the police made a quick arrest some people immediately presume that this guy has been "persuaded" to confess. Yes, I'm well aware that forced confessions allegedly happen here, but maybe, just maybe this bloke is as guilty as hell. DNA testing should prove it one way or another.   

lets hope evidence is no longer wheeled-in on a shopping trolley; having been handled more times than the Olympic torch!

My condolences to the family of the victim of this despicable crime.

2 hours ago, AGareth2 said:

unless the DNA is "lost"

Or the lab may "run out of it"