German tourist savagely raped and murdered on Koh Si Chang - Thai man charged

webfact

10 hours ago, impulse said:

Would that be before or after we find out if he was tortured until he confessed, possibly to a crime he didn't commit? 

It's amazing what people will cop to when you have a positive lead on the left nut and negative lead on the right one.

Yes when i see the picture of him he look like a men who's was tortured!!

you can see he's bleeding and have brusses all over!!!  

Ezel

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

This is precisely the type of scum that should be hunted down for a change give him a fair trial then take aim and fire???? 

Would that be a verdict of “Beyond Reasonable Doubt”?

As it seems you have not given the possibility of Not guilty, but aim fire anyway

7 hours ago, tlandtday said:

If this was part of my family I would seriously consider paying someone inside prison to take care of the problem.

An would you spend the rest of your 'cocky' life not being sure if he really did do it.

6 hours ago, jlwilliamsjr18 said:

The transition over the years from a fun loving Buddhist Kingdom to a materialistic maniacal commercial society left many out of the loop. Now you have lesser educated people who are taking short cuts to have all that the elite take for granted.  The outcome is an insane "gotta-have-it" drug /alcohol have nots, falling off the edges.  Thailand needs some serious adjustments. It's really sad.

They will never get that with a military govt., who are only there for their own benefit

32 minutes ago, high plane drifter said:

sad for the image of Thailand,,,

Really ? The whole day i'm feeling sad thinking about the poor girl's parents and relatives.

Only TAT is worrying about the image of Thailand .

It's indicative of how Thais see foreigners.

There for their personal gain. Nothing more.

If a foreigner comes to Thailand they must submit to them.

Financially and physically,  it's a form of racism. 

" you are in my country,  so I own you "

11 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Not clever, important or connected enough to get away with a crime like this. 

If you're implying a hi-so Thai would travel to a place like Ko Sichang island for the specific purpose of finding a young western woman to rape and then kill her because she rebuffs his advances you're insane.

Rich Thais have far more important things to do with their time than such nonsense.

I think you are confused because you read a lot about how rich Thais get away with say "vehicular manslaughter" that is, they drive drunk or at high speed, resulting in an accident that causes the deaths of others. That is however hardly the same thing as a deliberate act of murder.

15 minutes ago, Nsp64 said:

It's indicative of how Thais see foreigners.

There for their personal gain. Nothing more.

If a foreigner comes to Thailand they must submit to them.

Financially and physically,  it's a form of racism. 

" you are in my country,  so I own you " 

Bullshit.

There are mentally ill Thais like this killer, just like there are anywhere else in the world. I also presume he is a relatively uneducated horny loser who was rejected by every local girl and somehow thought (after watching some Hollywood movies like American Pie perhaps) that western girls are "easy". So he went for it, became disappointed when she refused his advances and then decided to kill her in a fit of rage.

12 minutes ago, Tomtomtom69 said:

There are mentally ill Thais like this killer, just like there are anywhere else in the world.

The other usual suspicion is, that he was drugged.

Would one be surprised?

14 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

After the Koh Tao fiasco,and Koh Samui court attitude, who could ever again trust in Thai Police DNA tests.

Did anyone in the first place. 

Not me for sure. TIT,

Bs is number 2 in Thailand , just behind money number one. 

35 minutes ago, wreckingcountry said:

Dangerous country for young women , more than the danger for the rest of us !

Gone down so much.

I remember (maybe two decades ago) when Thailand was praised as a safe country with hightest respect to foreigners.

Nowadays the German foreign office gives clear security notes about crime in Thailand, particularly in Phuket, Koh Samui and Pattaya.

(and fullmoon parties etc.)

10 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Its interesting that just because the police made a quick arrest some people immediately presume that this guy has been "persuaded" to confess. Yes, I'm well aware that forced confessions allegedly happen here, but maybe, just maybe this bloke is as guilty as hell. DNA testing should prove it one way or another.   

We're not presuming anything.  We just believe that a trial -with proper defense- is in order before sentencing someone.

He may be guilty as sin.  But let's wait until the trial before hanging the guy.  It wouldn't be the first time someone in Thailand has been grassed up to clear a case expeditiously, or to cover for someone with more money or connections.

4 minutes ago, impulse said:

We're not presuming anything.  We just believe that a trial -with proper defense- is in order before sentencing someone.

He may be guilty as sin.  But let's wait until the trial before hanging the guy.  It wouldn't be the first time someone in Thailand has been grassed up to clear a case expeditiously, or to cover for someone with more money or connections.

Why would there be a trial if he confessed?

This is so sad and horrific. These young woman just do not believe travel warnings about Thailand. I just can't believe how this LAND OF SMILES Thailand is still deep rooted in the european brains. I'm just not in the mood what all this country is in details when you take the fake smile away from their faces. No need to explain to the forum members. The word starts with a big S. Just terrible a young lady had to die again because of her believe of these sooo good hearted Thai people. In Europe she would have been more careful. It said in press she told the guy she would call the police. And just because of this she had to die. Terrible.

3 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Confession and pleading guilty normally results in the final sentence being significantly reduced (halved, I think).

I suspect that for this reason some people confess and plead guilty even when they did not actually commit the crime at all.

The police like this system as it presumably results in higher conviction rates than might otherwise be obtained. It also requires less evidence and less work.

And in some cases a massive "Tea money" pay out.

9 minutes ago, madmen said:

Why would there be a trial if he confessed?

Before the story came out, had he even spoken to an attorney?  Do we know he confessed, or are we taking the cops' word that he did?  Was the confession coerced?  Did he act on his own, or are there others to hunt down?

Lots of reasons for a trial.  With legal representation.

Edit:  Don't get me wrong.  I'm not against frying the right guy.  But let's make sure it IS the right guy.

3 hours ago, raccos21 said:

It is not good for tourism industry. 

But the young just ignore and keep visiting these beautiful islands and as in this case , often alone. The Koh Tao ferry is often 'chock a bloc' many of them have never heard of the several unsolved murders on the island.

8 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

But the young just ignore and keep visiting these beautiful islands and as in this case , often alone. The Koh Tao ferry is often 'chock a bloc' many of them have never heard of the several unsolved murders on the island. 

I think it wouldn't have made any difference if she was alone or not.

58 minutes ago, Tomtomtom69 said:

If you're implying a hi-so Thai would travel to a place like Ko Sichang island for the specific purpose of finding a young western woman to rape and then kill her because she rebuffs his advances you're insane.

Rich Thais have far more important things to do with their time than such nonsense.

I think you are confused because you read a lot about how rich Thais get away with say "vehicular manslaughter" that is, they drive drunk or at high speed, resulting in an accident that causes the deaths of others. That is however hardly the same thing as a deliberate act of murder.

When you have time. Read everything that you can about Koh Tao and its murders. Perhaps then you will think again about what you are saying. Koh Tao millionaires cannot drive at high speed on the island, but they rule it. And can get away with murder if necessary.

And still they come to Thailand, see the tropical turquoise blue water and powder sand beaches and think they are in paradise.

By the looks of him he's neither rich nor well connected, so he's going to do time.

Amazing how the Thai Police can be so efficient when they want to be.... again it's nobody rich nor well connected.

Ladies reading this. Do not go anywhere alone in this country.

When you have time. Read everything that you can about Koh Tao and its murders. Perhaps then you will think again about what you are saying. Koh Tao millionaires cannot drive at high speed on the island, but they rule it. And can get away with murder if necessary.
Not true.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

Archived