German tourist savagely raped and murdered on Koh Si Chang - Thai man charged

webfact

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

But not kill them or gather a bunch of friends to kick the 'offender' close to death, or go and collect his gun to 'even things up'. That most certainly doesn't happen in every country, as it does here on pretty much a daily basis. But I see that you are a Thai apologist so I'll leave it there.

Don't go to the Philippines it Brazil as your next retirement destination then. 

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

Life experience won’t stop you being potentially raped, attacked or murdered if these animals decide you are the one. To suggest she survived because of the reasons given as opposed to what may have happened to an office worker is ridiculous. 

Truth is, it’s relatively safe to travel here alone. 

What on earth are you babbling about? 

What animals.  Apparently there was one man.  The poster was talking about his daughter hardening up in an Aussie mining environment.  She'd be a pretty aware young lady as opposed to an office worker.  Fact.  I know I've spent half my life in mining camps. The girls can be sexy and hard at the same time. I've seen 45 kilo girls drop 120kg men with a swift kick to the nuts when their advances were not welcome.  I've seen the same girls dance and  look like goddesses when the music comes on Saturday night at the bar. The 

A lot less likely to be put in a position if jeopardy. 

2 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

What on earth are you babbling about? 

What animals.  Apparently there was one man.  The poster was talking about his daughter hardening up in an Aussie mining environment.  She'd be a pretty aware young lady as opposed to an office worker.  Fact.  I know I've spent half my life in mining camps. The girls can be sexy and hard at the same time. I've seen 45 kilo girls drop 120kg men with a swift kick to the nuts when their advances were not welcome.  I've seen the same girls dance and  look like goddesses when the music comes on Saturday night at the bar. The 

A lot less likely to be put in a position if jeopardy. 

The only ones babbling are you and the Lars from Mars. 

Go and take a chill pill. No one cares where you’ve worked. 

3 hours ago, Swedenlars said:

This is so sad and horrific. These young woman just do not believe travel warnings about Thailand. I just can't believe how this LAND OF SMILES Thailand is still deep rooted in the european brains. I'm just not in the mood what all this country is in details when you take the fake smile away from their faces. No need to explain to the forum members. The word starts with a big S. Just terrible a young lady had to die again because of her believe of these sooo good hearted Thai people. In Europe she would have been more careful. It said in press she told the guy she would call the police. And just because of this she had to die. Terrible.

Not trying to defend this horrific murder, but murder happens in all countries, to all types of people.

A country should not be condemned in total because it has a few rapist/murderers on the the loose.

And a traveler should not be in fear of her life, just because she is young, beautiful in looks and most importantly - alone.

I will get lots of flack for this because we all should be able to travel freely.

But young women need to know that all men are not safe, the police cannot protect you when you are alone.

So young ladies, please be aware. being alone is not safe for you. 

Rip to this innocent lady once more died because some men place desire above life.

They are scum and need a neutering and then locked up. Total scum.

6 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

The only ones babbling are you and the Lars from Mars. 

Go and take a chill pill. No one cares where you’ve worked. 

Probably not but can we agree women should not be raped and killed? 

And for those with certain life skills the chances dimnish some what? 

People need go realise that there is a great big world out there and it's not all good. 

9 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Probably not but can we agree women should not be raped and killed? 

You won’t find anywhere where I have said or inferred differently in this or any other thread. 

13 hours ago, vinniekintana said:

Young woman travelling alone in remote places.

What could possibly go wrong?

Koh Si Chang is a well developed tourist hot spot. 

But when you look at this piece of dirt I would not even trust him buying me a packet of cigarettes.

He needs to be on an electric chair.. 

Poor Girl and more I feel for the parents, knowing she is on a holiday and after a few days the bad news comes.

Sure the last life sign of her was an excited daughter looking forward to go for holidays.

This is a horrific crime that I never heard of about Kon Thai until a few years ago. I've been in Thailand since 1982 and we only began hearing about this about 10 years ago on Koh Samui (my home). 

<deleted>? How did this begin? What is the psychology behind all the violence we hear of now that didn't exist 20 years ago. I am crying at the destruction of my beloved chosen home culture. 

I don't think the confession is so remarkable even though we don't know for sure in this case. It is the Buddhist way to confess. Folks get real religious when their life hangs in the balance. 

I cry for Thai culture. 

4 hours ago, Prissana Pescud said:

Not trying to defend this horrific murder, but murder happens in all countries, to all types of people.

A country should not be condemned in total because it has a few rapist/murderers on the the loose.

And a traveler should not be in fear of her life, just because she is young, beautiful in looks and most importantly - alone.

I will get lots of flack for this because we all should be able to travel freely.

But young women need to know that all men are not safe, the police cannot protect you when you are alone.

So young ladies, please be aware. being alone is not safe for you. 

Rip to this innocent lady once more died because some men place desire above life.

They are scum and need a neutering and then locked up. Total scum.

Do you work for the government? I ask because you always seem to post unreasonable opinions or opinions that are so basic.

People condemn Thailand not because of individual murders and other terrible events but because of things like:

1. The high incidence of foreign deaths in Thailand

2. The high incidence of Thai criminals either walking free or getting incredibly light sentences (and then often pardoned halfway through their sentence anyway), and 

3. The rotten, unfair, biased Thai criminal justice system that supports these criminals - especially when the victims are foreigners

4. The covering up of these types of events from Thais to protect tourism at the expense of tourist safety

The above things DO NOT HAPPEN IN EVERY COUNTRY at the same frequency as they happen in Thailand.

Do you understand what I wrote above?

After 3 hours of interrogation he's admitted to the rape, I hope this is backed up by an independent DNA test to prove he was the perpetrator!

If he was then lead him to a back room and inject him !

21 hours ago, Essex Reject said:

Assuming these people are the perpetrators I would say it's usually a lack of intelligence in being able to deny the crime. It's not easy even for very clever people to get away with murder, right?

good beating seems to work here to get a confession.

This is so sad and horrific. These young woman just do not believe travel warnings about Thailand. I just can't believe how this LAND OF SMILES Thailand is still deep rooted in the european brains. I'm just not in the mood what all this country is in details when you take the fake smile away from their faces. No need to explain to the forum members. The word starts with a big S. Just terrible a young lady had to die again because of her believe of these sooo good hearted Thai people. In Europe she would have been more careful. It said in press she told the guy she would call the police. And just because of this she had to die. Terrible.
Wasn't there a woman missing a few months ago, they found her motorbike, any update?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Thailand is turning in to a failing society with parents neglecting their children, and I see the neglect of children everyday here in the north, either by parents who are leaving their children with relatives so and then go to Bangkok to work, or because of drugs. This lead to that just during last year, 3 of my students ended up in prison (all of them have been dumped at their grandparents, as their parents have been working in Bangkok for many years)!
So, it's my strong belief that how Thailand have turned from being close farm communities to everyone going to Bangkok, with about 25% of the Thai population now living/working in the greater Bangkok area is one part of the problem. Another problem seems to be a declining IQ/EQ level among many Thai youths, I can't give clear scientific evidence for this statement, but there are studies that shows that milk/breastfeeding affect the IQ in boys and that the brains and bodies of young children need nourishment to grow properly. And then you look at what many parents are feeding their children, a rice porridge/diet that is low in vitamins, minerals, protein, fatty acids, and only high in carbohydrates! I believe that we could call this Seven-Eleven syndrome or generation 7-11 as CP is already an established syndrome in the medical world.

On 4/8/2019 at 9:08 AM, khwaibah said:

Cap him now. End of.

Understand the gut reactions, but probably best to have a trial first to establish whether or not there is sufficient evidence for a conviction.

An alleged confession, as we know from previous cases involving crimes against foreigners in LOS, is not necessarily proof of guilt.

<deleted> animal! 

What next? A slapped wrist, make merit, all is forgiven. Next victim! Justice served!

It is only a farang, same as a dog. You are Thai, you can do what you like to farang! 

RIP, but considering the poor victims fate, I find it hard to believe she will rest in peace. 

They call this place paradise. Land of smiles...

It's no wonder Westerners are starting to not live here, work here or visit here... 

21 hours ago, jlwilliamsjr18 said:

The transition over the years from a fun loving Buddhist Kingdom to a materialistic maniacal commercial society left many out of the loop. Now you have lesser educated people who are taking short cuts to have all that the elite take for granted.  The outcome is an insane "gotta-have-it" drug /alcohol have nots, falling off the edges.  Thailand needs some serious adjustments. It's really sad.

This "transition" you mention exists world wide, not only in Thailand. This is called "Development" and is not avoidable. All this is 'imported' from the developed world.

4 hours ago, Kasset Tak said:

Another problem seems to be a declining IQ/EQ level among many Thai youths, I can't give clear scientific evidence for this statement, but there are studies that shows that milk/breastfeeding affect the IQ in boys and that the brains and bodies of young children need nourishment to grow properly. And then you look at what many parents are feeding their children, a rice porridge/diet that is low in vitamins, minerals, protein, fatty acids, and only high in carbohydrates!

Interesting theory, but this means that the whole nation has a low IQ, since all of them are fed up on rice and plenty of carbohydrates.  

And maybe thats why we farangs feel superior to them ? What do you think ?? 

23 hours ago, sambum said:

"If proven guilty the suspect will face the death sentence without any doubt at all."

What part of "If proven guilty" do you not understand?

A lynch party is no justice !!! everybody has the right of a fair trial, even if caught red handed !?!

21 hours ago, balo said:

Rest in peace beautiful lady.   

A lot of Thais commenting on social media want the death penalty reinstated in Thailand.

NINTCHDBPICT0004816133351.jpg?w=960

NINTCHDBPICT000481613233.jpg?w=960

NINTCHDBPICT000481613235.jpg?w=960

Pretty girl with a lifetime of fun ahead of her.

My heart bleeds.

How can the parents get over this???

And all TAT will do is a massive PR job to save their precious industry.

It's bad.

My advice to women travelling in Thailand would be to exercise a higher degree of caution than you may have believed was adequate in the past. I believe the incidence of sexual assaults against women may be on the rise in Thailand. While the vast majority of Thai men are totally decent blokes, there is a growing underclass of Thai men who, having fallen through the cracks of the educational system and been raised in home environments with poor or non-existent parental supervision, often struggle to be reliable bread winners and to form households, have poor impulse control skills, and turn to alcohol and drug abuse to dull the reality of their lives, all risk factors which raise the risk of sexual assault. My reason for suspecting this may be a growing problem is that both income inequality and urbanization trends are accelerating, and these trends, in turn, are exacerbating the number of children raised in single-parent or no-parent families, particularly in rural areas.

Excellent observation- It is so easy for tourists to think the “fake Thai smile” one sees at an international hotel chain or the soft spoken Thai in the service industry represents all of Thailand not realizing Thailand also has its share of psychological “misfits” as found in Western countries. And there is a problem of many young Thais growing up without parents ( dumped with the grandmother or aunt) not receiving a good sense of morality. Society and the local Buddhist temples are ignoring this discussion / issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

An off topic post about malnutrition has been removed. 

A post containing a link to a foreign language news site has been removed as this is an English language forum.  English is the only acceptable language anywhere on ThaiVisa including Classifieds, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed. 

23 hours ago, ravip said:
On 4/8/2019 at 1:18 PM, jlwilliamsjr18 said:

The transition over the years from a fun loving Buddhist Kingdom to a materialistic maniacal commercial society left many out of the loop. Now you have lesser educated people who are taking short cuts to have all that the elite take for granted.  The outcome is an insane "gotta-have-it" drug /alcohol have nots, falling off the edges.  Thailand needs some serious adjustments. It's really sad.

This "transition" you mention exists world wide, not only in Thailand. This is called "Development" and is not avoidable. All this is 'imported' from the developed world.

“Development” is just an easy excuse or deflection. Modernity brings to the fore, aspects of a culture that have always existed in that culture.

“If the integrity of the ministers of justice matches the wisdom of the laws that have been established in the Kingdom of Siam, there would be no more civilized state in the whole of the Indies. But the inordinate passion for amassing of wealth, which is the dominant vice in the country, render these laws forever ineffective.”

-Traveler to Siam 1600's -

The above quote indicates materialism has long been a problem, whether in the Ayutthaya Kingdom or todays Thailand. Nothing new here.

Archived