Famous Thai motorcycle racer smashes up his Mustang in Pattaya

webfact

Famous Thai motorcycle racer smashes up his Mustang in Pattaya

3pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Well known Thai 1000cc motorcycle racer "Ohm Superbike" lost control of his Ford Mustang car after a tire blowout in Pattaya on Sunday.

Kasit Ketjutharat, as he is also known, said that he was travelling at low speed and lost control hitting a parked bus before spinning several times and hitting a barrier. He said a right tire had blown out.

Luckily he and a female passenger in the car were only slightly injured as airbags deployed. 

The accident happened outside the Four Regions Floating Market on Sukhumvit Road.

Pictures showed the racer's white and blue Ford Mustang with severe damage and damage to the side of a bus belonging to Plachiva Transport.

Police are investigating. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-04-08

4 minutes ago, webfact said:

Ohm Superbike

Now more like Ohm my gosh, what have i done...comes to show that even if you can master superbikes but when it comes to cars it's a different story...

7 minutes ago, webfact said:

he was travelling at low speed and lost control hitting a parked bus before spinning several times

Low  speed?  Severe damage?  Spinning several times?  Sounds like a hi-so.  Pattaya Plod will naturally believe this nonsense and NOT breathalyse him.

29 minutes ago, webfact said:

Kasit Ketjutharat, as he is also known, said that he was travelling at low speed and lost control hitting a parked bus before spinning several times and hitting a barrier. He said a right tire had blown out.

this must have been after hitting a concrete barrier at 120 kph. I made up better BS than this when I was 8 years old. 

The court sentences you to death for destroying a beautiful Mustang. Get this POS out of my sight. 

Next case.

.,,,,”breaks don’t work”, now the excuse is a tire blow-out. I’ve had a couple tires “blow-out” during my lifetime and I didn’ lose control of the car. I think this guy was speeding but, hey, this is Thailand. Put the blame on something else. 

( glad no one was injured)

A tire "blowout" at low speed results in nothing serious, never ever in a multiple spin around. But "low speed" is quite relative.

Next time better use "break failure".

Was this "VIp" tested on drugs? On alkohol? Bet on it?

Obviously this guy understands and is capable of controlling a vehicle at high speeds - got this one wrong though didn't he! ????

3.6 million Baht worth of car seriously damaged as a result of his exuberance - wonder if his passenger was suitable impressed?

4 minutes ago, CGW said:

Obviously this guy understands and is capable of controlling a vehicle at high speeds - got this one wrong though didn't he! ????

3.6 million Baht worth of car seriously damaged as a result of his exuberance - wonder if his passenger was suitable impressed?

But it had four wheels, beer can holder, an iPhone thingy and an environment for selfies...????

29 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

this must have been after hitting a concrete barrier at 120 kph. I made up better BS than this when I was 8 years old. 

The court sentences you to death for destroying a beautiful Mustang. Get this POS out of my sight. 

Next case.

If you or anyone you know has been affected by this story please call 555 555 or write on a postcard only to Aston Martin GB where a trained person is waiting to take your call ????

57 minutes ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

If it's true he spun "several times," he was not going at "low speed." At low speed, you might spin a quarter turn. And the damages look too great for a leisurely spin.  Try again, Ohm Boy. 

Spot on , can't add anything to that. 

3pm.jpgimage.jpeg.446cb4aba88615df023323da2220ca96.jpeg

This guys wreck looks like a 2015-17 Shelby GT350, however that usually came with a large V8 about 5.2l . Not sure what Thai import laws are re big mills. I can't believe that much damage can be incurred at "low speed, as most posters here have already pointed out.

I am not familiar with the new generation of Shelbys as I only ever owned an old '66 GT350 40 years ago. Maybe someone with more info can speculate how/why he managed to remove a door at low speed. 

Do young motorcycle racers usually drive their hot rods at an easy 60km/h? , especially in Pattaya.

3 hours ago, toenail said:

.,,,,”breaks don’t work”, now the excuse is a tire blow-out. I’ve had a couple tires “blow-out” during my lifetime and I didn’ lose control of the car. I think this guy was speeding but, hey, this is Thailand. Put the blame on something else. 

( glad no one was injured)

they are NOT taught what to do when a blow occurs nor what to do "if brakes fail" absolutely drivers fault by NOT knowing how to control a vehicle.

What eould he have been like IN A SKID when on snow....his excuse would be "wrong kind of snow" !!!!!

3 hours ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

If it's true he spun "several times," he was not going at "low speed." At low speed, you might spin a quarter turn. And the damages look too great for a leisurely spin.  Try again, Ohm Boy. 

His claim of 'low speed' is relative to what he is used to. His superbike high speed is probably 200 kph so his low is 120 kph....????

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

This is blasphemy.

Steve McQueen is rolling over in his grave.

As a friend said, who lived in SF most of his life, it was good until they left the city and where 30 miles away in one scene. But still the greatest chase movie.

It sounds like this guy was a loser at racing bikes ( mind you superbike, big bike in Thailand don’t go over 300cc the rest is just BS ) Just as bad to drive in a straight line with his car apparently. I reckon this guy not only needs a proper extensive  driving training but also to be submitted to a lie detector since his lies don’t stick one bit but hey in Thailand when you’re Thai and  got money you get away pretty much with everything, a good example of hiso attitude, sad really ????????

Archived