Jump to content
BANGKOK 19 May 2019 15:19

Recommended Posts

took a pair of expensive "nubuck leather" shoes to a repair shop at a big c center to resew a small piece of top to sole.  repair guy told me problem is not what i think. need new soles and 750 baht and he cannot simply re-sew unless he puts new soles on.. i agreed.  i return to pickup shoes and he tells me the soles were not available but he did in fact sew the top (approx 1 inch) normal price to sew is 100 baht as he has done this before for me. wants 180 baht and he points out how nice they look now as he used black polish and buffed them to a shine.        he altered nubuck which i like and chose over glossy leather in the first place.

 

he ruined them by converting their appearance then proudly shows me what he did.   i think medical criteria for retardation should be amended.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

some work with sandpaper might come in handy.......:thumbsup:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They do say women judge men by looking at their shoes. So sorry you have lost ground on the social ladder.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

They do say women judge men by looking at their shoes. So sorry you have lost ground on the social ladder.

 

they are still 44 so the women are still happy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, petermik said:

some work with sandpaper might come in handy.......:thumbsup:

 

good idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

They do say women judge men by looking at their shoes. So sorry you have lost ground on the social ladder.

Im not swapping my flip flops for any woman . I could be barefoot and be successful ,TIT  😁

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

They do say women judge men by looking at their shoes. So sorry you have lost ground on the social ladder.

My father told me once that that one of the ways to judge a person is by the shoes they wear.  I have embraced that guidance.

 

He also suggested not getting tattooed as it's permanent and as you get older you may regret it. 

 

Edited by DonDoRondo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, madmen said:

Im not swapping my flip flops for any woman . I could be barefoot and be successful ,TIT  😁

Women have possessive rituals, such as adjusting the clothing of their male counterparts. Someone once remarked they would save us a lot of time and trouble by just pissing on our shoes occasionally. Don't think I'd relish that in flip-flops or barefoot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2019 at 1:27 PM, DonDoRondo said:

My father told me once that that one of the ways to judge a person is by the shoes they wear.  I have embraced that guidance.

 

He also suggested not getting tattooed as it's permanent and as you get older you may regret it. 

 

You take fashion advice from your Dad?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

followup and great place to repair shoes at a great price.

 

first shop at big  c asked for 900 baht new soles and said without new soles he could not re sew piece of top leather. i bargained it to 750 but returned to find he could not do soles but was able to sew and also ruined buck lether non glossy finish with polish and buffing.

 

a repair shop in lad prao, bkk put new soles on and the work is great. total cost 250 baht.  he laughed about shining buckskin. one of repair guys speaks adequate english with large shoe vocabulary.

 

they are smart and skilled and even had the foresight to post on facebook page shop closed april 14 and 15th etc etc

 

https://www.facebook.com/ชูว์จ้าา-ซ่อมรองเท้า-1700063203604992/

 

 

Edited by atyclb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2019 at 2:26 AM, madmen said:

Im not swapping my flip flops for any woman . I could be barefoot and be successful ,TIT  😁

Carry a 1000 baht bill in your toes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, atyclb said:

followup and great place to repair shoes at a great price.

 

first shop at big  c asked for 900 baht new soles and said without new soles he could not re sew piece of top leather. i bargained it to 750 but returned to find he could not do soles but was able to sew and also ruined buck lether non glossy finish with polish and buffing.

 

a repair shop in lad prao, bkk put new soles on and the work is great. total cost 250 baht.  he laughed about shining buckskin. one of repair guys speaks adequate english with large shoe vocabulary.

 

they are smart and skilled and even had the foresight to post on facebook page shop closed april 14 and 15th etc etc

 

https://www.facebook.com/ชูว์จ้าา-ซ่อมรองเท้า-1700063203604992/

 

 

I hope you live in Lad Prao. I myself try not to go too lad prao or any reason whatsoever. It probably is no reason for me to ever go to lad prao. Think of the cost you've got involved in this, you've got the cost of the shoes, 250 bots to fix them the schleps to lad prao why not just buy a new pair of cheap shoes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I hope you live in Lad Prao. I myself try not to go too lad prao or any reason whatsoever. It probably is no reason for me to ever go to lad prao. Think of the cost you've got involved in this, you've got the cost of the shoes, 250 bots to fix them the schleps to lad prao why not just buy a new pair of cheap shoes?

 

 

taxi round trip 200 baht still about half price of resole alone other shop not able to do. go around noon and traffic is very light.  these are pricy shoes handmade in germany.

Edited by atyclb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...