Shoe Repair Rant

atyclb

took a pair of expensive "nubuck leather" shoes to a repair shop at a big c center to resew a small piece of top to sole.  repair guy told me problem is not what i think. need new soles and 750 baht and he cannot simply re-sew unless he puts new soles on.. i agreed.  i return to pickup shoes and he tells me the soles were not available but he did in fact sew the top (approx 1 inch) normal price to sew is 100 baht as he has done this before for me. wants 180 baht and he points out how nice they look now as he used black polish and buffed them to a shine.        he altered nubuck which i like and chose over glossy leather in the first place.

he ruined them by converting their appearance then proudly shows me what he did.   i think medical criteria for retardation should be amended.

35 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

They do say women judge men by looking at their shoes. So sorry you have lost ground on the social ladder.

Im not swapping my flip flops for any woman . I could be barefoot and be successful ,TIT  ????

8 hours ago, madmen said:

Im not swapping my flip flops for any woman . I could be barefoot and be successful ,TIT  ????

Women have possessive rituals, such as adjusting the clothing of their male counterparts. Someone once remarked they would save us a lot of time and trouble by just pissing on our shoes occasionally. Don't think I'd relish that in flip-flops or barefoot.

On 4/8/2019 at 1:27 PM, DonDoRondo said:

My father told me once that that one of the ways to judge a person is by the shoes they wear.  I have embraced that guidance.

He also suggested not getting tattooed as it's permanent and as you get older you may regret it. 

You take fashion advice from your Dad?

• 2 weeks later...

followup and great place to repair shoes at a great price.

first shop at big  c asked for 900 baht new soles and said without new soles he could not re sew piece of top leather. i bargained it to 750 but returned to find he could not do soles but was able to sew and also ruined buck lether non glossy finish with polish and buffing.

a repair shop in lad prao, bkk put new soles on and the work is great. total cost 250 baht.  he laughed about shining buckskin. one of repair guys speaks adequate english with large shoe vocabulary.

they are smart and skilled and even had the foresight to post on facebook page shop closed april 14 and 15th etc etc

https://www.facebook.com/ชูว์จ้าา-ซ่อมรองเท้า-1700063203604992/

On 4/8/2019 at 2:26 AM, madmen said:

Carry a 1000 baht bill in your toes?

46 minutes ago, atyclb said:

followup and great place to repair shoes at a great price.

first shop at big  c asked for 900 baht new soles and said without new soles he could not re sew piece of top leather. i bargained it to 750 but returned to find he could not do soles but was able to sew and also ruined buck lether non glossy finish with polish and buffing.

a repair shop in lad prao, bkk put new soles on and the work is great. total cost 250 baht.  he laughed about shining buckskin. one of repair guys speaks adequate english with large shoe vocabulary.

they are smart and skilled and even had the foresight to post on facebook page shop closed april 14 and 15th etc etc

https://www.facebook.com/ชูว์จ้าา-ซ่อมรองเท้า-1700063203604992/

I hope you live in Lad Prao. I myself try not to go too lad prao or any reason whatsoever. It probably is no reason for me to ever go to lad prao. Think of the cost you've got involved in this, you've got the cost of the shoes, 250 bots to fix them the schleps to lad prao why not just buy a new pair of cheap shoes?

2 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I hope you live in Lad Prao. I myself try not to go too lad prao or any reason whatsoever. It probably is no reason for me to ever go to lad prao. Think of the cost you've got involved in this, you've got the cost of the shoes, 250 bots to fix them the schleps to lad prao why not just buy a new pair of cheap shoes?

taxi round trip 200 baht still about half price of resole alone other shop not able to do. go around noon and traffic is very light.  these are pricy shoes handmade in germany.

1 hour ago, atyclb said:

these are pricy shoes handmade in germany.

Just what I need to protect my toes from the festering pile of Shi Tzu excrement I invariably step on.

21 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Just what I need to protect my toes from the festering pile of Shi Tzu excrement I invariably step on.

Toe.

Shi Tzu excrement is about the size of half a walnut.

4 hours ago, Changnoi2 said:

Never gonna be the same buddy! Should have taken them to Don's Footwear

actually my european handmade shoes came out great after the resole. i have had shoe repairs done in spain, usa and south america.  the place i went to in lad prao does not have a fancy showroom but the cobblers are highly experienced (many years) and they have quite a bit of tools and specialized machinery specifically for shoes. they may have worked in eurpoe before.

correct they are not the same, they are better after the resole.  only need to ask if you'd like me to post before and after pics.

i also took a pair of dress shoes for repair but the guys were honest and showed me why they were not worth repairing.

ps; dons footwear resole only 2000 baht "Don's Footwear can re-sole & repair any European shoe brand. Trust us to bring your favourite shoes to life. (7 days work required to reborn again. 2000 THB)

the dons resole is 8 times the price and considering i just dropped them off and picked them up the air conditioning at don's upscale shoe place is of no significance to me.  dons may be fine if you wish to have custom made shoes done.

32 minutes ago, atyclb said:

actually my european handmade shoes came out great after the resole. i have had shoe repairs done in spain, usa and south america.  the place i went to in lad prao does not have a fancy showroom but the cobblers are highly experienced (many years) and they have quite a bit of tools and specialized machinery specifically for shoes. they may have worked in eurpoe before.

correct they are not the same, they are better after the resole.  only need to ask if you'd like me to post before and after pics.

i also took a pair of dress shoes for repair but the guys were honest and showed me why they were not worth repairing.

ps; dons footwear resole only 2000 baht "Don's Footwear can re-sole & repair any European shoe brand. Trust us to bring your favourite shoes to life. (7 days work required to reborn again. 2000 THB)

the dons resole is 8 times the price and considering i just dropped them off and picked them up the air conditioning at don's upscale shoe place is of no significance to me.  dons may be fine if you wish to have custom made shoes done.

Do you have shares in Dons Resole Co?

2 minutes ago, grollies said:
35 minutes ago, atyclb said:

Do you have shares in Dons Resole Co?

i think you want to ask this question to   Changnoi2 . as he posted  "Never gonna be the same buddy! Should have taken them to Don's Footwear. 

i just responded to him with my shoe repair experience NOT at dons footwear. i dont have stock in any shoe related business nor any friends working at suck businesses.

Archived