Amari Rincome

royg

Guys,

I wanted to thank you for all of the information you gave me when I first came to the board. Originally I was going to be in Chiang Mai for 3 months but my plans have changed. I will be there for one month now and they have booked me a room at the Amari Rincome. Is this a nice hotel? Thanks in advance for any information.

Nice enough yes. It's quite old, though it doesn't look or feel particulary old. When it was built it was of course WAY out of town, but since then it's now only 'a little outside of the city center'. :o There are many restaurants and pubs on the road it's on (Nimmanhaemin) as well. Getting into town should still be easy enough using Red Bus share taxis going down Huay Kaew road, though getting back will involve some negotiating and/or a vehicle change at the big Central Kad Suan Kaew mall. But then again, you're probably provided with a car (and perhaps driver).

When I fist stayed in Chiang Mai I stayed in the same area. (Though I was paying just 50 baht a day.) (And not at the Rincome admittedly :D Just peddled a bicycle into town. Sigh, those were the days.

Cheers,

Chanchao

Chanchao is spot on about Rincomes location, plenty of eating out opportunities within a few minutes.

Remember the first time I stayed at Rincome 10 years ago, Nimmanhaemin Rd was so quiet......that's life though nothing stays the same.

Hotel has a beautiful pool area & garden a real oasis in the city.

Great food, you gotta try the yum nuea (spicy beef salad) & Pad Thai, the best I've had so far anywhere!

Good trad. massage 5mins walk at Kalavek.

Try to get deluxe room overlooking pool....it's the quieter part of hotel not overlooking Huay Kaew Rd.

Hope you enjoy Rincome as much as we have.

Look forward to seeing all our friends there soon.

Scottie