Which .Android Box

I would like to buy Android box for my smart tv so that I can download an app in order view a new legal TV service I have purchased.  I am advised that the box should be 4.4 or later and have at least 2GB of memory.  I have been advised not to buy the H96 Pro or leeway( I think thats the name) because of comparability problems with the app.

Having looked on the Internet I have no idea which box to go for.

Grateful for advice from those with relevant knowledge.

Thank you

If you have a smart TV you most likely don't need an android box, just load the app on your TV.

Even a cheap android box would have the specs you want 4.4, 2GB, 

If it is the app maker saying not to get a certain brand maybe they can recommend a brand

I have a couple of Minix boxes that have been good, OTA updates etc.

Hi I bought the 96 pro because it had a Roku chipset and good review I thought but was disappointed as sometimes it just loses control and goes into a the ether. Have to take the power cable and hdmi cable out to reset it. Then go back and start the VPN and browser. So don't buy it is good advice.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

If you have a smart TV you most likely don't need an android box, just load the app on your TV.

Even a cheap android box would have the specs you want 4.4, 2GB, 

If it is the app maker saying not to get a certain brand maybe they can recommend a brand

I have a couple of Minix boxes that have been good, OTA updates etc.

Gold star to you Sir.  Never too old to learn - I coming on 81 - I played around with my Samsung Smart TV and Eureka  i can now watch 30 odd UK channels via the internet.   All legal so they tell me.

Gold star to you Sir.  Never too old to learn - I coming on 81 - I played around with my Samsung Smart TV and Eureka  i can now watch 30 odd UK channels via the internet.   All legal so they tell me.

Could you share the name of the app you're using for this, please?

Is it an app on the TV itself?

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

On 4/10/2019 at 6:56 PM, JaiMaai said:

Could you share the name of the app you're using for this, please?

Is it an app on the TV itself?

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

I have a Samsung Smart tv.  The app belongs to the TV programme parent company which is called Mucho TV/TV Mucho both seem to work.  Via Google play I have downloaded the app direct from internet to TV.

MUCHO tell me they are legal..   They have several packages.  Initially I went for their free one hour a day to test the reception.  Finding that good with no interruptions I have now gone for one month at 7 Euros.  If all is well I will sign up for one year at 49 Euros

So far very good.

21 hours ago, neverceasetobeamazed said:

I have a Samsung Smart tv.  The app belongs to the TV programme parent company which is called Mucho TV/TV Mucho both seem to work.  Via Google play I have downloaded the app direct from internet to TV.

MUCHO tell me they are legal..   They have several packages.  Initially I went for their free one hour a day to test the reception.  Finding that good with no interruptions I have now gone for one month at 7 Euros.  If all is well I will sign up for one year at 49 Euros

So far very good.

Thanks for the info.

I also have a Samsung Smart TV but it's not an Android model so this probably won't work for me.

I have an LG TV 70in and been watching movies via usb. all good. however i just found out no audio for files that use DTS audio. I do have a Xiaomi android box which is splendid. maybe need to hook that up to the tv. unless someone here with LG smart tv has an App recommendation from LG store that I could use?

Archived