Border run to Myanmar at Ranong border possible?

On 4/17/2019 at 2:42 PM, Bountyhuntr said:

Ty for reply. A boat is 50b for a Thai so I would say max 100b / each way for a foreigner ???? I guess it's doable for a total of 520b (320b / for 10 dollars)

50 baht for everyone or 350 baht for the whole boat and he will wait an bring ya back

There's a report on a blog from someone who took the 50 baht boat. They seemed to enjoy it.

same boat as everyone takes  ????

Do Thais need to pay the $10 for the border pass as well? I don't think they do right as they can enter without a visa period.

nope , free

I have been a few times when my gf had to do 90 day runs,  as i was on  retirement extensions, just took the boat across, had a meal and came back ,

not stamped out of Thailand or into Burma

Edited by phuketrichard

• 6 months later...

I did that today and it wasn't that nice actually. The immigration girl wanted me to pay 1000thb for "visa run" (in addition to 950thb Andaman official fee). I refused asking what for, then she told me I need to show 10k thb cash and a flight ticket. Luckily I had cash with me, and told her I'm traveling overland on a motorbike so no flight. That attracted more attention from other immigration people there who got curious, so it shut her up and I didn't pay anything. Otherwise it's efficient - I spent a total of 1h there including trip to Myanmar and back. I only paid 950thb Andaman fee, that is paid on the Myanmar side as per other reports.

It's my second land entry this year, the first one was a month ago at Mae Sai as I did actually come on a motorbike overland. Not cool though, I know it's a published requirement but usually they don't care.