UK parliament approves Brexit law forcing May to consult on delay

webfact

21 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Simple. The referendum in 2016 was not a legally binding public vote. The enactment of that referendum requires the approval of parliament and the upper house. That is democracy in the UK. Now do you understand ?  That is not corrupt rather a process of due law complied with over centuries.

Something that many Brexiteers have been unable to grasp which possibly explains the reason that the minority of the eligible voting population in 2016 were not able to grasp the complexities of an EU exit , and voted to leave, because simply put, they could not or did not have a full understanding of what a "Leave" vote meant

I think you will find it was the majority of the eligible voting population in 2016 that voted to leave as people that didn't vote don't count as no-one knows which way they would have voted.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

I think you will find it was the majority of the eligible voting population in 2016 that voted to leave as people that didn't vote don't count as no-one knows which way they would have voted.

Wrong people do count. The minority of the voting population voted to leave. A fact exactly as I quoted previously. Unfortunately Brexiteers are in denial and come up with fairy tales, as you yourself stated, to attempt to illustrate why your lost cause should still be promoted. Fact ; 46.5 million were registered to vote of which 17.4 million voted to remain. That's the minority

1 minute ago, geoffbezoz said:

Wrong people do count. The minority of the voting population voted to leave. A fact exactly as I quoted previously. Unfortunately Brexiteers are in denial and come up with fairy tales, as you yourself stated, to attempt to illustrate why your lost cause should still be promoted. Fact ; 46.5 million were registered to vote of which 17.4 million voted to remain. That's the minority

17.4 Million voted leave not remain

Well if we go with your version of counting 1975 EEC membership referendum FACT 40,086,677 million were registered to vote of

which 17,378,581 voted yes which was the minority leaving 22,708,096 which didn't vote yes so maybe we should annull the 1975 refendrum result.

45 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Simple. The referendum in 2016 was not a legally binding public vote. The enactment of that referendum requires the approval of parliament and the upper house. That is democracy in the UK. Now do you understand ?  That is not corrupt rather a process of due law complied with over centuries.

Something that many Brexiteers have been unable to grasp which possibly explains the reason that the minority of the eligible voting population in 2016 were not able to grasp the complexities of an EU exit , and voted to leave, because simply put, they could not or did not have a full understanding of what a "Leave" vote meant

And what a lot of leavers don't want to understand is that parliament passed a bill to enable the British to have a say in whether we remain in or leave the EU. They transfered sovereignty to the British electorate for the day of the referendum and the UK voted to leave.

Nearly 500 MPs voted to trigger article 50, which meant they were agreeing to leave the EU.

Most people understand only too well what "leave" means, hope if this helps.

go away from.
synonyms: depart from, go away from, go from, withdraw from, retire from, take oneself off from, exit from, take one's leave of, pull out of, quit, be gone from, decamp from, disappear from, abandon, vacate, absent oneself from, evacuate; 

1 hour ago, stephenterry said:

I'm not a great fan of European countries, and It doesn't bother me if the UK stays or leaves, providing it benefits the population, which I'm sorry to say it wont, whichever way you look at it. 

At the moment, the Brexit preparation cost is averaging £500 million a week, a lot of which is to employ 15-20,000 additional civil servants to manage Brexit at the ports and across the UK. Still think it's worth leaving?

Most of the costs of leaving could have been avoided if we had left the EU immediately after the referendum result. But that wasn't what the EU, or our Remainer Prime Minister or Parliament wanted.

What we are now witnessing in the costliest sell-out of the people by the political class in the UK's chequered history, and we will continue to pay the heavy economic and social price for many years to come.

36 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

What is it you can not quite grasp ? I stated the eligible voting population, not the number of votes. People do count always  apart of course from Brexitteers who simply do not understand that 17.4 million is the minority of the 47 million eligible voters. And they say the British education system is one of the best in the world !!  Makes me wonder what happened to it.

11 minutes ago, vogie said:

And what a lot of leavers don't want to understand is that parliament passed a bill to enable the British to have a say in whether we remain in or leave the EU. They transfered sovereignty to the British electorate for the day of the referendum and the UK voted to leave.

Nearly 500 MPs voted to trigger article 50, which meant they were agreeing to leave the EU.

Most people understand only too well what "leave" means, hope if this helps.

go away from.
synonyms: depart from, go away from, go from, withdraw from, retire from, take oneself off from, exit from, take one's leave of, pull out of, quit, be gone from, decamp from, disappear from, abandon, vacate, absent oneself from, evacuate; 

But , and I will say yet again, it was not a legally binding referendum and consequently required the passing by both house to come into law. That is why the current impasse.  Appreciate that some people can not grasp the principles of UK law but facts are facts. Brexiteers would like to twist the facts I know but the law is the law. Period.

What is it you can not quite grasp ? I stated the eligible voting population, not the number of votes. People do count always  apart of course from Brexitteers who simply do not understand that 17.4 million is the minority of the 47 million eligible voters. And they say the British education system is one of the best in the world !!  Makes me wonder what happened to it.

It clearly is you that doesn't understand 46,500,001 registered voters  total votes 33,577,342 leave votes 17,410,742 remain votes 16,141,241

What Happens If You Don’t Vote?

The answer is simply nothing.

If you don’t vote you have not shown preference for anyone standing in the election, or any side in a referendum campaign. Your vote will not be counted for either side or directly effect the result.

George Osborne: EU referendum a 'once-in-a-lifetime' decision

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-35319146

But , and I will say yet again, it was not a legally binding referendum and consequently required the passing by both house to come into law. That is why the current impasse.  Appreciate that some people can not grasp the principles of UK law but facts are facts. Brexiteers would like to twist the facts I know but the law is the law. Period.

Nobody has twisted any facts, many remainers will not face up to the truth because it would shoot their argument into total oblivion. 

5 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

It clearly is you that doesn't understand 46,500,001 registered voters  total votes 33,577,342 leave votes 17,410,742 remain votes 16,141,241

What Happens If You Don’t Vote?

The answer is simply nothing.

If you don’t vote you have not shown preference for anyone standing in the election, or any side in a referendum campaign. Your vote will not be counted for either side or directly effect the result.

George Osborne: EU referendum a 'once-in-a-lifetime' decision

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-35319146

Sorry but is there something you do not comprehension about "eligible voters"

Please refer to; https://www.google.com/search?q=eligible&rlz=1C1CHZL_en__839TH839&oq=elligible&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.4004j1j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Now just stop attempting to contort my statement of "eligible" voters into something else in an attempt to give your argument any credence. It simply does not.

And simply put the Brexiteers, their bribes to the DUP and self interests of the right wing dinosaurs have now been displayed fully so just face facts that the UK will not now be leaving the EU.

Sorry but is there something you do not comprehension about "eligible voters"

Please refer to; https://www.google.com/search?q=eligible&rlz=1C1CHZL_en__839TH839&oq=elligible&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.4004j1j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Now just stop attempting to contort my statement of "eligible" voters into something else in an attempt to give your argument any credence. It simply does not.

Incorrect is does your opinon is your opinion no more no less likewise my opinion is no more no less

Well if we go with your version of counting 1975 EEC membership referendum FACT 40,086,677 million were registered to vote of

which 17,378,581 voted yes which was the minority leaving 22,708,096 which didn't vote yes so maybe we should annull the 1975 refendrum result.

1 minute ago, vinny41 said:

Incorrect is does your opinon is your opinion no more no less likewise my opinion is no more no less

Goodness what has one got to do to make people understand UK law. Perhaps you were not born then. The 2016 referendum was a legally non binding referendum. Similarly  the 1975 referendum to which you refer was also non binding legal referendum. Again receiving the minority of eligble voters approval. The 1975 referendum however gained the Queens assent after being passed by both lower and upper houses. The 2016 has not been passed and despite all the dummies being thrown from the pram, it has not been passed and in all probability will never be passed. Simply put the UK will remain in the EU.

10 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Goodness what has one got to do to make people understand UK law. Perhaps you were not born then. The 2016 referendum was a legally non binding referendum. Similarly  the 1975 referendum to which you refer was also non binding legal referendum. Again receiving the minority of eligble voters approval. The 1975 referendum however gained the Queens assent after being passed by both lower and upper houses. The 2016 has not been passed and despite all the dummies being thrown from the pram, it has not been passed and in all probability will never be passed. Simply put the UK will remain in the EU.

EU Withdrawal Bill officially becomes law

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44615245

1 hour ago, geoffbezoz said:

The majority of those who voted, voted to leave. Those that did not vote, would if they had voted, would have voted leave. 

Ridiculous statement you might say. Fair enough, now show me the proof I am wrong.

D8990974-8CE7-40F8-9790-00119A12C5A9.jpeg

1 minute ago, nontabury said:

The majority of those who voted, voted to leave. Those that did not vote, would if they had voted, would have voted leave. 

Ridiculous statement you might say. Fair enough show me the proof I am wrong.

Well if you can not understand my previously stated facts regarding "eligible voters" v actual votes then no need to waste further time.   The fact remains that the UK has not yet left the EU.  The probability that the UK will actually leave the EU is diminishing fast. Sorry but face facts.

1 hour ago, geoffbezoz said:

Do you mean the House of Collaborators?

6CD96D5E-4D98-495E-B4AD-8B4A16D0C8CB.jpeg

On 4/11/2019 at 3:38 AM, baboon said:

And in Paris yesterday to kowtow? Or is it just the Germans you have it in for?

As you very well know, her first port of call was to Merkel.

May knows who rules Europe.

President Micron is a lackey,

as is May. Or May not as she will always be known as

3 hours ago, evadgib said:

Farage has been busy on the airwaves all day:

As Nigel Farage said, it’s now about Democracy.

This from one of the few politicians who has kept his word. Unfortunately he’s now having to fight the two faced lying Bxstaxds sitting in the House Of Collaborators.

What a state our once great country has come to be.

7655CDFD-C3AA-462A-9494-8CAA6F243AF6.jpeg

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 5:59 PM, Prissana Pescud said:

To see Ms May go to Germany and not Brussels shows who owns EU.

to see her kow tow, she did all but lick Mertel boots

Germany lost both wars but has won the right to rule Europe.

You work it out.

As Helmuth von Moltke stated in 1940. 

We, the Germans will create a common currency. We will know how to rule Europe in the name of progress.

We are rushing toward a common currency.

And yes, the nazi idealology of him has succeeded. And Ms May grovelling .SHAME

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helmuth_von_Moltke_the_Younger  died  18 June 1916

On 4/11/2019 at 3:37 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

Not everyone has been wasting their time:

4B9437D6-BD4A-43BB-B8D6-446DB2DDDA52.jpeg

I guess the teenager UK does require adult supervision, but why the heck EU should do that?

Why can't UK grow up and become the man it used to be? 

I think it would be best for the EU to let UK to grow up, understand it's country's adulthood and then try to join EU once again - as a full grown up country.

Who really thinks that UK can become an adult country during these next 6 months?

Archived