UK parliament approves Brexit law forcing May to consult on delay

webfact

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Jip99 said:

Only 37% of the electorate bothered to turn out in Newport.

Anyone who makes an assessment on the voting off that base is rather foolish.

Actually, that is an incorrect conclusion. That was the vote where people had the right to make their votes count, but decided against it. So the result, like the referendum where 30% plus decided not to vote, is just as valid.

Let me make one point clear. That to honour the referendum result instead of what's best for the UK is the wrong approach to Brexit.

I have not read, nor have you posters, any declaration by the Tory government that their deal would benefit the UK by leaving the EU.

In other words it's lies after lies.  

Let me make one point clear. That to honour the referendum result instead of what's best for the UK is the wrong approach to Brexit.

I have not read, nor have you posters, any declaration by the Tory government that their deal would benefit the UK by leaving the EU.

In other words it's lies after lies.  
Now now..what about the rubbish that cameron.osbourne..their mate obama.the imo war criminal and sociopath tony blair.sociopath nick clegg
g sotos and many others including the infamous christine legarde imf or world bank fame..she was found guilty in court of law if financial dodgy dealings along with sarcosy..but NO PUNISHMENT..as chattering classes do not do time in monkey houses.
They all gave it doom and gloom for the UK economy.. massive rise in unemployment..etc etc.
Professional liars one and all.
All no doubt in the back pockets of very powerful people and organisations.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

10 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Now now..what about the rubbish that cameron.osbourne..their mate obama.the imo war criminal and sociopath tony blair.sociopath nick clegg
g sotos and many others including the infamous christine legarde imf or world bank fame..she was found guilty in court of law if financial dodgy dealings along with sarcosy..but NO PUNISHMENT..as chattering classes do not do time in monkey houses.
They all gave it doom and gloom for the UK economy.. massive rise in unemployment..etc etc.

Sorry I tried Google Translate but it does not translate double Dutch...

2 hours ago, stephenterry said:

Without any idea of the implications... 

I think the scope and impact of a Brexit are not clear to this day, short term, medium term and long term, for many.
I would like to see a concrete action plan with details, which depicts the next 5 years with corresponding financing data.
Until to day: No have.

4 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I hear the EU is offering the UK an extension of A50 to the end of the year. 

I don't think they've been specific about which year.

The EU will continue to offer extensions, because they are petrified of no-deal. All the focus from Remain supporters has been on how much the UK would suffer with no-deal. The truth is now evident, i.e. the EU would be hit hard too. The EU is in such a fragile state right now they will do everything they can to avoid no-deal. 

If only we'd had a Leave PM with real conviction during the negotiations, instead of remainer May who just let the EU walk all over her. 

9 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

63,400 people in Newport West just had the opportunity to vote for UKIP yet only 2,200 did. I think that tells us something.

The awful Neil Hamilton was the UKIP candidate, UKIP have veered toward the ultra right (associations with Tommy R etc.), and STILL they managed to increase their share of the vote. Yes, I think that tells us a lot! 

If the new Brexit party gets it's act together quickly and fields enough candidates, then you'll see a proper shake up! 

2 hours ago, malagateddy said:

tldr ,

March 29th , April 12th               Looks like No Deal for the Leavers , Back in the EUSSR..... Shouldn't the Farage mob be marching or summat - stopping trains or motorway traffic egged on by our erstwhile Thailand armchair warriors. ?

4 hours ago, dunroaming said:

Maybe we should look again at  May's deal.  That is the one JRM, Johnson, Gove, Raab and the rest have said they will vote for.

That would leave us half in and half out, still abiding by EU rules and regulations with a customs union in everything but name.  For this we hand over 39 billion pounds but would be expected to pay in after Brexit also.  And of course no seat at the table.  A truly vassal state.

Now imagine that was the sales pitch for the Brexit campaigners before the referendum with the £39 billion divorce bill on the side of the bus.  How many people would have voted for that result?  Very few if any at all.  And yet that is what the Brexiteer MPs are prepared to vote for now and all in the name of the 17 million who DIDN'T vote for any such thing!

You make a fair point. May's deal is a long way from what Leave voters wanted. 

The trouble is it seems to be the only Leave option now, as MPs in the HoC have blocked any other form of leaving. So the Brexiteer MPs have no choice. 

I gather they hope May's deal is just the first step, and over the coming years we can gradually leave properly. 

4 hours ago, baboon said:

Poetic justice for the Brexit Ultras. They vote for a deal that makes us the vassal state we weren't, but who they insisted we were. But their fan base will of course ignore that and cheer them on regardless.

Here's the boss to get them all worked up at the thought of a  HARD BREXIT....

Image result for brexit fat bloke

1 minute ago, CG1 Blue said:

The trouble is it seems to be the only Leave option now, as MPs in the HoC have blocked any other form of leaving. So the Brexiteer MPs have no choice. 

I gather they hope May's deal is just the first step, and over the coming years we can gradually leave properly. 

dream on leave's love lies bleeding.....

2 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:
4 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

dream on leave's love lies bleeding.....

No disrespect, but what are you on about? 

7 hours ago, Benroon said:

Good grief over and over and over and over again. I think you've made your (deluded) point - take a day off!

Is it getting to you. Why don't you just by pass my posts or go for another swim if its that frustrating for you. I have tried being nice but some people seem to be damn rude.

8 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

The awful Neil Hamilton was the UKIP candidate, UKIP have veered toward the ultra right (associations with Tommy R etc.), and STILL they managed to increase their share of the vote. Yes, I think that tells us a lot! 

If the new Brexit party gets it's act together quickly and fields enough candidates, then you'll see a proper shake up! 

You're grasping at straws if you believe that bit about "a proper shake up", wish being the father of the thought.

Liam Fox is talking through his backside. The UK have carried out satisfactory trade with the EU and 41 non-EU countries during the last 40 years - but LF gabbles on about staying in the Customs Union would negate the opportunity for the UK to strike new deals. Which it would, but so what? No reasonable person would want to dismantle a working agreement to replace it with a pie-in-the-sky arrangement just so he won't lose his job? 

And as for TM, she still won't budge on her red lines, the most likely being the Customs Union, so how can she reach a compromise with Labour, who are actually being reasonable in seeking a deal that could benefit the people, not just the Tory party?

15 hours ago, stephenterry said:

Hardly surprising, since (a) it's not a deal, but a binding Treaty. And (b) it's not "the Tory government's deal". It was cooked up by EU mafia to ensure that, one way or another, we remain a vassal of the European superstate.

As if this were not depressing enough, the shoddy "deal" is being shoehorned through with the cynical collaboration of a Remain Prime Minister, a Remain negotiating team and a majority-Remain Parliament.

Welcome to the real world.

20 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

But you have to weigh up whether it is better to leave with May's vassal state deal or not leave at all.  You say they have no choice but to back May's deal but they do. Apart from revoking article 50 (an unlikely outcome I know) they could push for a peoples vote on whether to accept May's deal or leave with no deal or remain. Brexiteers keep telling us that they would win again with a larger majority so why not push for that? Most of the Brexiteer hard liners have conceded that we would be better off staying in than going with May's deal.  Such is the desperation of these MPs that they will vote to be worse off rather than for what is best for the country.

As for hoping that May's deal is just the first step then I am afraid that really is living in fantasy land.  Her deal has the EU in charge and they aren't going to concede anything based on that position.

On 4/9/2019 at 4:29 PM, SheungWan said:

Plenty of Hard Brexiteers fitting the half-brain description.

Plenty of Brits of both extremes making a mockery of democracy.

There was a time that the world held in awe the Westminster system.

Now UK is a joke. A sad pathetic joke.

And the world history will report that Ms May leads the most inept democracy since 1938.

Or perhaps the mid 60's. They are both shameful eras and Ms May continues the trend.

21 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

If you knew much about politics you would know many voters are thick, They vote for the name they know, and have forgotten why they know the name.

47 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Not if the 1922 committee give her the dreaded P45.
I honestly think she's toast and will be binned very very soon.

They can not until the end of the year, not unless they can get the Labour Party's pin up boy to call another vote of no confidence.

16 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Is it getting to you. Why don't you just by pass my posts or go for another swim if its that frustrating for you. I have tried being nice but some people seem to be damn rude.

It is a contentious issue. You are correct

we all have our own views and we should be able to express them without being rude. (mind you, I have been banned on this site many times for expressing a view)

I will never report someone...

To see Ms May go to Germany and not Brussels shows who owns EU.

to see her kow tow, she did all but lick Mertel boots

Germany lost both wars but has won the right to rule Europe.

You work it out.

As Helmuth von Moltke stated in 1940. 

We, the Germans will create a common currency. We will know how to rule Europe in the name of progress.

We are rushing toward a common currency.

And yes, the nazi idealology of him has succeeded. And Ms May grovelling .SHAME

On 4/9/2019 at 3:13 AM, stephenterry said:

Seems like both houses of parliament differ from your home-made crystal ball. 

"Both houses of parliament have tonight strongly made clear their view that a no deal would be deeply damaging to jobs, manufacturing and security of our country," said lawmaker Yvette Cooper, one of those responsible for proposing the legislation.

Do people respect those in the House Of Collaborators. I think not.

870D7900-9BD8-44D7-A666-C1D37BD1DA09.jpeg

Archived