BANGKOK 22 May 2019 18:21
Badrabbit

Chalong underpass

Went round the roundabout this morning I was quite excited, how do all the car owners feel now it's close to completion? I think it all looks great and am sure it will improve the area, happy days!

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Posted (edited)

Is the underpass open ?

Also can traffic from Patak Rd get to Chaofa East ?

Edited by LivinginKata

They've created what seems to be a permanent u-turn spot for traffic on Chaofa West northbound. I hope this doesn't mean that the roundabout won't be available for cars exiting Patak Road.

As an aside, I wonder how long it'll take to finish the job. The airport underpass, for example, opened a long time ago but still cars from the airport have to turn left and u-turn instead of turning right and construction is now at a snail's pace.

1 hour ago, madmitch said:

<snip>

As an aside, I wonder how long it'll take to finish the job. The airport underpass, for example, opened a long time ago but still cars from the airport have to turn left and u-turn instead of turning right and construction is now at a snail's pace.

Yes, I can't under stand why the overpass deck not in operation ?

From Kata could go straight to the pier road this morning, other way round as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, stevenl said:

From Kata could go straight to the pier road this morning, other way round as well.

I hope that didn't mean you turned right at the roundabout! 🙂

But that's good news. That route was blocked off this afternoon. They were also tarmacking the underpass road.

• Like 1

This morning from Kata to Chalong Pier had to make the U-turn, but the one close by, maybe 100 meters or so. From Chalong Pier to Kata could drive straight through over the circle. So also Chao Fa East and West to Kata can turn right at the circle.

Still many taking the short cut, stopping traffic on Patak Road, even though the circle will be the fastest and most comfortable way.

Posted (edited)

My first trip down to roundabout in a while. Yes, there is a u-turn back for Rawai/Chaofa Wast, but it's not so bad. The very good news is that the circle allows all traffic from roundabout back up Patak Road. Good enough for me. 

Edit ... not so sure about from Pier Road to Patak

Edited by LivinginKata

4 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

My first trip down to roundabout in a while. Yes, there is a u-turn back for Rawai/Chaofa Wast, but it's not so bad. The very good news is that the circle allows all traffic from roundabout back up Patak Road. Good enough for me. 

Edit ... not so sure about from Pier Road to Patak

Was at Kan Eang @Pier last night, and was able to use roundabout to get onto Chaofa West, so obviously the Patak turn off is open as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Badrabbit said:

Don't think the underpass is needed going by how great that area is now with the bigger roundabout etc certainly looking good.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Don't forget schools are closed right now.