Rape murder of German tourist: further details emerge

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:
He said he had seen the victim riding a motorcycle while he was high on methamphetamine or "ice" and he felt the need for sex. 

He approached her and offered sex but she did not say anything and drove off. He followed her to the hillside where he raped her. He then hit her repeatedly in the face and in the back of the head with a rock.

Filth

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So when the Thai Police swiftly found their suspect and obtained a full confession, the doubters on here were suggesting he was a fall guy who had been tortured and had the confession beaten out of him to satisfy the media. 

Well you all look like idiots now don't you?

15 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

For those that say to me "but it has been shown that the death penalty is not a deterrent " I say I don't care if it is or isn't I just know that this individual will never harm another human being or draw another breath.

I am against the death penalty (anywhere). I am not one of those so called 'do gooder's', I simply treasure life as the the most valuable asset to the universe. However, in crimes like this (and those that involve children) I'd be on 'thin ice' to defend my stance. I have never indulged in addictive drugs (don't even like taking those on a prescription) just simply because I figure there's enough that our body's have to tolerate without making it worse. So I really do have no conception. Having said that I do have experience (in my native country) of being attacked by such individuals. It is a world wide problem which all countries seem unable to eliminate despite many harsh measures...my condolences to the to the lay's family.

1 hour ago, from the home of CC said:

Many crimes are committed under the influence of alcohol also. IMO Criminals who commit these crimes have this evil in them, drugs like yaba and alcohol lower inhibitions allowing the nastiness to the surface. Jeffrey Dahmer committed some of most despicable crimes all under the influence of booze. Meth can make you crazy, but if every meth addict  raped and killed there would be bodies of women piled in the streets of Bangkok.

Exactly.

The criminal once fully charged as guilty with 0% doubt (as flawless DNA tests will naturally be done ???? ), deserves  full harsh sentencing, with nothing less then life imprisonment or the capital sentence.

Considering that a (farang) beach smoker is threatened with a year in jail, a rapist-cum-murderer would thus need to get a far more severe penalty.

4 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

I am against the death penalty (anywhere). I am not one of those so called 'do gooder's', I simply treasure life as the the most valuable asset to the universe. However, in crimes like this (and those that involve children) I'd be on 'thin ice' to defend my stance. I have never indulged in addictive drugs (don't even like taking those on a prescription) just simply because I figure there's enough that our body's have to tolerate without making it worse. So I really do have no conception. Having said that I do have experience (in my native country) of being attacked by such individuals. It is a world wide problem which all countries seem unable to eliminate despite many harsh measures...my condolences to the to the lay's family.

Many people all over the world regularly take mind altering drugs but don’t commit these heinous crimes and I’m not advocating drug taking. 

The culprits when caught always cite the fact they were under the influence to absolve guilt when clearly they possess the nasty genes. 

When found guilty, to the gallows I say.

Thailand is not save for women travel alone.

And set an example,, you think people care about this?

look at m.bike and car crashes, they will never learn, it wil take 100 years when something changes..   

1 hour ago, jaiyen said:

There is no execution in Thailand unfortunately.  

Oh but there is - do some research, this is one of the main reasons criminals here quite quickly admit guilt to reduce the penalty.

2 hours ago, Kim J said:

Yes you can often say in life that people deserve a second chance, and as we go through our life we all make mistakes to one degree or another.

The secret is to know where to draw the line, because as history proves, some are incapable of changing, and what we see here is way beyond a mistake.

We also regularly see those that advocate drug taking as a harmless passtime, "being no different to alcohol and tobacco". I also wonder where they are currently hiding?

The secret is to have a social conscience in the first place.

Seems to be lacking in many all over the world.

Don't want to see any posts on the lines of drugs should be allowed as it's the individual's choice.

This case just proves drugs remove even the little 'fellow feeling' that some have and enhances the 'I want so I'll take' attitude. Takes a small mind to use drugs and the result is a smaller mind.

1 hour ago, anthos said:

The term "drugs" itself is too broad and describes all sorts of substances.
In my opinion:
Alcohol, meth, cocaine, heroin must be restricted. These are dangerous for the public.
Cannabis, psychedelics and possibly mdma - must be allowed for recreational use, regulated, taxed. These are rather safe. 
I'd vote for that.

What were you on when you wrote that?

42 minutes ago, LennyW said:

Oh but there is - do some research, this is one of the main reasons criminals here quite quickly admit guilt to reduce the penalty.

Indeed, there has been one case of execution, last year, in about the last ten years. It was getting to the point when Amnesty would have declared that Thailand effectively no longer had the death penalty because so many years had passed. This case may well see another use of it. 

Rooster

3 hours ago, Kim J said:

We also regularly see those that advocate drug taking as a harmless passtime, "being no different to alcohol and tobacco". I also wonder where they are currently hiding?

Not so fast. You seem to have forgotten why we can no longer drink alcohol on trains in Thailand. Just a few years ago, a drunk loser committed a similar crime, throwing the poor teenage girl from the train to hide his crime. Alcohol is behind plenty of horrific crimes as well. Tobacco, not so much. At least smokers mostly just kill themselves.

2 hours ago, anthos said:

In my opinion:
Alcohol, meth, cocaine, heroin must be restricted. These are dangerous for the public.
Cannabis, psychedelics and possibly mdma - must be allowed for recreational use, regulated, taxed. These are rather safe. 
I'd vote for that.

Mdma is not dangerous?? 

sorry what do you smoke?? 

You can't be serious 

Every drugs and alcohol is dangerous 

7 hours ago, LennyW said:

An example needs to set.....but i guess he will escape execution as he has admitted it!!

or maybe he get lucky, goes to jail and somebody there does the same thing to him and get rid of him

deepest condolences to the family and RIP for such a young soul

2 hours ago, anthos said:

In my opinion:
I'd vote for that.

"Cannabis, psychedelics and possibly mdma - must be allowed for recreational use..."

Wow, they must be allowed because they're rather safe...really?  I'll take a guess at the ones that you use.

6 minutes ago, JimmyTheMook said:

Herb never killed nobody.

? He is not referring to herb. But as you missed, MDMA which is an amphetamine ,  Anyway all this drug talk is a BS distraction: this lowlife is a lowlife with/without drugs. 

1 hour ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Another foreigner lulled into complacency on an island (traveling alone, no helmet, no machete).

Damn it to hell, don't let your guard down.

These islands are far, far from civilization.

Is it the history of sea piracy, maybe? You ever read the book 'And the Sea Will Tell' by Vincent Bugliosi and Bruce Henderson? It's a true crime saga about a wealthy couple yachting around the South Sea islands who befriend another couple who end up murdering them on a deserted island and stealing their boat? Some 'I'm beyond the long arm of the law', 'Lord of the Flies', 'Colonel Walter Kurtz' brain fever can set in on remote islands. Definitely agree with you that an added measure of caution is warranted.

The world has been dealing with these sociopaths and inhumane people for centuries.

The billions spent on imprisonment, legal trials, psychobabble rehabilitation - is a huge waste of time and money - and does nothing to better society or make it safer for the next generation

Prevention is much more evolved than dealing with consequences.

Genetic science should be tasked in finding the genes responsible sociopathic/ inhumane people. 

Then those genes would be removed from our gene pool by prohibiting  those who carry them to procreate.  

Yet this is something that would actually improve  21st century societies / cultures everywhere ... We have serious problems to solve, and we need to take serious steps to solve them -

32 minutes ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Mdma is not dangerous?? 

sorry what do you smoke?? 

You can't be serious 

Every drugs and alcohol is dangerous 

I don't think mdma provokes dangerous or violent behavior.
People on mdma are not aggressive and unlikely to cause harm to others.

22 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Wow, they must be allowed because they're rather safe...really?  I'll take a guess at the ones that you use.

Yep, I've tried most drugs when I was in my 20-s and can clearly evaluate myself which ones are likely to cause trouble. Hence both the lists.
That's what I'm telling my kids when they grow up - I'm not going to tolerate the drugs from the first list in my house and have no problem with the second one.

15 minutes ago, morrobay said:

? He is not referring to herb. But as you missed, MDMA which is an amphetamine ,  Anyway all this drug talk is a BS distraction: this lowlife is a lowlife with/without drugs. 

Molly makes you hella thirsty tho.

Archived