Immigration Hua Hin BEWARE

The document Chai19 attached does mention 12 months twice and is so underlined, which is, of course, to be followed in 2020. Enforcing the qualifying foreign transfer requirement much before Mid-December seems a bit concerning, as this is when it was announced. Personally, I only made my first qualifying transfer on 4 Jan 2019, having previously transferred ~ 400,000 in twice a year for living expenses, while using the U.S. Embassy affidavit. I would have started qualifying transfers much earlier had I known this would be a requirement

My best guess is that Chai19 made one transfer in January of at least 195,000 baht, and a second transfer if at least 195,000 in March. Maybe if those had been broken down into four (4) (Jan, Feb, Mar and Apr) individual transfers "leniency" would have been a factor?

Where are you from?

How have you shown 'proof of required funds' in previous years - do you still have an Embassy letter option?

When did you start showing your transfers as monthly transfers?

How do you make those transfers?

Did you show proof that those transfers came from abroad?

Did you have the required bank letter and bank statement/passbook from your Thai bank?

Edited by sumrit
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, vinniekintana said:

It astounds me that some ppl make 65k a month and they cannot rub together 800k and be done with it.

28 minutes ago, vinniekintana said:

No I don't...I was living as a cheap Charlie for years

...but if I had 65k coming in I would have banked a fortune.

And, in the future, you might need to.

Those using the income method are showing that they have a sufficient monthly income to live in Thailand.

In the past, those using the money in the bank option have said that money is used for expenses throughout the year. But they can no longer say that. Most of that money must stay in the bank. 

So, If their money is tied up, what do these people now use for living expenses and can they provide proof of the source of that money?

In the foreseeable future, once the current dust has settled, I can see Immigration asking the same question.

I can see an additional requirement, for those choosing the 800k in the bank option, being a requirement to show sufficient annual living expenses, with proof that the money originated from abroad.

Having to show 800k baht in the bank PLUS annual living expenses will suddenly not be such a good deal.

Edited by sumrit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"- SUBMIT THE VERIFICATION OF PENSION OR SOCIAL INCOME ( NOT CERTIFY BY EMBASSY OR CONSULATE), CERTIFICATE LETTER FROM THE BANK, AND BANK STATEMANT SHOWING THE EVIDENCE OF TRANSFERED MONEY FROM OTHER COUNTRIES AT LEAST 65,000 /MONTH CERTIFYING IN IHE-ruI.-1A-TLO*NTHS RECORD. THE VERIFICATION DOCUMENT MUST SHOW THE EVIDENCE OF THE OVERSEA MONEY TRANSFER IN 12 MONTHS"

Leniency out of the window and no combination?

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, berybert said:

It is, but was it when he did it previous to the new rules ? He said since the rules have changed he has since done monthly transfers. So it would appear he is following the rules. If you are meant to follow rules before they have been made maybe it wont be long before we are all leaving. 

The OP.. ”In March I transferred more than 65k X 3 to cover living expenses for April, May and June.“

That does not sound like he made monthly transfers to me... :coffee1:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thailand said:

"- SUBMIT THE VERIFICATION OF PENSION OR SOCIAL INCOME ( NOT CERTIFY BY EMBASSY OR CONSULATE), CERTIFICATE LETTER FROM THE BANK, AND BANK STATEMANT SHOWING THE EVIDENCE OF TRANSFERED MONEY FROM OTHER COUNTRIES AT LEAST 65,000 /MONTH CERTIFYING IN IHE-ruI.-1A-TLO*NTHS RECORD. THE VERIFICATION DOCUMENT MUST SHOW THE EVIDENCE OF THE OVERSEA MONEY TRANSFER IN 12 MONTHS"

Leniency out of the window and no combination?

The combination method is listed too.

”THE APPLICANT MUST EARN TOTAL INCOME OF AT LEAST 8OO,OOO BAHT/YEAR (FROM SAVING,FIXED MONEY IN THE BANK ACCOUNT, PENSION, AND THE SOCIAL WELFARE) FOR THIS CASE, THE APPLICANT MUST SHOW THE AMONT OF MONEY IN THE BANK ACCOUNT FOR AT LEAST 2 MONTHS FROM THE PAST AND ALSO 3 MONTHS AFTER THE VISA IS APPROVED. THEN, THE APPLICANT CAN WITHDRAW MONEY, BUTTHERE MUST BE NOT LESS THAN 4OO,OOO BATH IN THE ACCOUNT. OR”

40 minutes ago, elviajero said:

The combination method is listed too.

”THE APPLICANT MUST EARN TOTAL INCOME OF AT LEAST 8OO,OOO BAHT/YEAR (FROM SAVING,FIXED MONEY IN THE BANK ACCOUNT, PENSION, AND THE SOCIAL WELFARE) FOR THIS CASE, THE APPLICANT MUST SHOW THE AMONT OF MONEY IN THE BANK ACCOUNT FOR AT LEAST 2 MONTHS FROM THE PAST AND ALSO 3 MONTHS AFTER THE VISA IS APPROVED. THEN, THE APPLICANT CAN WITHDRAW MONEY, BUTTHERE MUST BE NOT LESS THAN 4OO,OOO BATH IN THE ACCOUNT. OR”

With a minimum of 400K in the bank at all times,does not sound like combination,just like 800K lump sum? Or does the combo now require 400K in the bank at all times?