BANGKOK 19 April 2019 13:43

The document Chai19 attached does mention 12 months twice and is so underlined, which is, of course, to be followed in 2020. Enforcing the qualifying foreign transfer requirement much before Mid-December seems a bit concerning, as this is when it was announced. Personally, I only made my first qualifying transfer on 4 Jan 2019, having previously transferred ~ 400,000 in twice a year for living expenses, while using the U.S. Embassy affidavit. I would have started qualifying transfers much earlier had I known this would be a requirement

My best guess is that Chai19 made one transfer in January of at least 195,000 baht, and a second transfer if at least 195,000 in March. Maybe if those had been broken down into four (4) (Jan, Feb, Mar and Apr) individual transfers "leniency" would have been a factor?

Posted (edited)

Where are you from?

How have you shown 'proof of required funds' in previous years - do you still have an Embassy letter option?

When did you start showing your transfers as monthly transfers?

How do you make those transfers?

Did you show proof that those transfers came from abroad?

Did you have the required bank letter and bank statement/passbook from your Thai bank?

Edited by sumrit
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, jackdd said:

What was it that OP did wrong?

Don't know yet - I asked some questions to help to clarify but the OP hasn't given any answers so far.

12 minutes ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

No doubt you find it astonishing also that some farangs live contented lives on a basic state pension.

Different strokes etc.

No I don't...I was living as a cheap Charlie for years

...but if I had 65k coming in I would have banked a fortune.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2