Immigration Hua Hin BEWARE

3 hours ago, sfokevin said:

From what the OP originally said he presented proof of quarterly foreign transfers... This under the letter of the law is insufficient... Monthly means monthly...

But then the OP changed to monthly payments. It's in the first post on this thread. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

You can see a lot. 

Ever  thought of being a Medium. ?

They've done exactly that already to people using the income method. We now have to bring 65k baht into Thailand from abroad each and every month, plus, if asked, provide proof of where that income originated from.

You think they can't/won't do the same/similar in the future to prove people using the 'money in the bank' have an adequate income for living expenses while in Thailand.

Tell me why do you think this can't/won't happen????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

How long have you been making monthly transfers?

Your application should of been accepted if you have been doing them since January.

Immigration offices were sent a directive in December to be flexible and lenient this year.

What can you do if they do not show any leniency.? I assume you will say phone the hotline  - have you seen any reports that the IO has been told to change something after phoning .? On any matter.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thailand said:

With a minimum of 400K in the bank at all times,does not sound like combination,just like 800K lump sum? Or does the combo now require 400K in the bank at all times?

It is the combo method.

The new rules imply that 400K is the minimum cash balance for the combo method, and Hua Hin are at the third office, I know of, that have confirmed that condition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Do you think your life would be a little happier/less stressful if you confined your stressing to what's happening now and not what MIGHT/MIGHT NOT happen in the future ?

I'm certainly not stressing, I'm happy, relaxed and chilling out while looking at options.????

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mercman24 said:

and the amazing thing is one can live in the UK on a 27,000 baht pension, have a car etc, pay rent and rates, but come to this country and they want 65,000 baht,  thats more than the deputy PM gets,

The 65K is set as a way of controlling numbers, not how much they think you need to live on.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, pontious said:

1 hour ago, pontious said:
6 hours ago, pontious said:

Joe, What can you do if they do not show any leniency.? I assume you will say phone the hotline  - have you seen any reports that the IO has been told to change something after phoning .? On any matter.

I have asked the same question 3 times on different threads and Joe has not answered so I assume the answer is no

41 minutes ago, pontious said:

I have asked the same question 3 times on different threads and Joe has not answered so I assume the answer is no

You could complain to the senior officer at the office you’re applying at, but as they set the rules in that office you might not get far.

You could complain to divisional level, or even to immigration HQ.

IMO unless the local officer are prepared to back down there’s little chance of a successful appeal.

7 hours ago, elviajero said:

You could complain to the senior officer at the office you’re applying at, but as they set the rules in that office you might not get far.

You could complain to divisional level, or even to immigration HQ.

IMO unless the local officer are prepared to back down there’s little chance of a successful appeal.

Thank you for the reply. In that case the 'Directive to show leniency' is not a directive but a complete waste of paper.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

My best guess is that Chai19 made one transfer in January of at least 195,000 baht, and a second transfer if at least 195,000 in March. Maybe if those had been broken down into four (4) (Jan, Feb, Mar and Apr) individual transfers "leniency" would have been a factor?

Although he did state

The new rules demanded that I transition to transfers every month. Which I started as soon as the changes were released.

It appears the leniency memo has not been factored in, or one is expected to'claim for' leniency.

18 hours ago, sfokevin said:

From what the OP originally said he presented proof of quarterly foreign transfers... This under the letter of the law is insufficient... Monthly means monthly...

He also stated 

The new rules demanded that I transition to transfers every month. Which I started as soon as the changes were released.

It is tough to comply to backdated requirement changes. Because of this a later memo suggested IOs to be lenient during this year and accept an incomplete year of monthly transfers, so long as they complied from when the regulation changed. 

I wouldn't like to try to live on that in the UK. Around £8000 p.a.
You can barely exist on that. If you had a car, you would struggle to run and maintain it. Anyone in the UK has already paid National Insurance and gets comprehensive free healthcare and other benefits.
Once you travel to Thailand you have to factor all that in.
As for the deputy PM not earning that, I don't think so. A basic MP salary plus additional salary for all cabinet members.

and the amazing thing is one can live in the UK on a 27,000 baht pension, have a car etc, pay rent and rates, but come to this country and they want 65,000 baht,  thats more than the deputy PM gets,

Sent from my SM-G965F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

£146,000 for any cabinet member

I wouldn't like to try to live on that in the UK. Around £8000 p.a.
You can barely exist on that. If you had a car, you would struggle to run and maintain it. Anyone in the UK has already paid National Insurance and gets comprehensive free healthcare and other benefits.
Once you travel to Thailand you have to factor all that in.
As for the deputy PM not earning that, I don't think so. A basic MP salary plus additional salary for all cabinet members.

46 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

I first requested to speak to the senior IO, but was told not available.

I then used the hotline because the IO in question obviously wasn't familiar with their own orders.

They spoke to the IO in question and the situation was resolved.

Related to leniency or something else?

Which hotline number did you you use, obviously efficient?

17 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

The order is monthly, not quarterly transfers.

Using your logic, would it be OK to show 780K and tell the IO it was 65K x 12 ???

Next year, yes. This year they've been ordered to show leniency. I know they probably don't know the meaning of the word, but there it is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Related to leniency or something else?

Which hotline number did you you use, obviously efficient?

Not leniency, but a disagreement about written orders and seasoning period.

• Like 1