Foreign Minister Don reminds diplomats not to meddle in judicial affairs

webfact

1 minute ago, observer90210 said:

You are so very right Sir. (if I may brown nose you also a bit please????...but my nose is blocked so ok).....

Definately they don't care of us here...but they do care on how our diplomats behave in Thailand (as they even issued a public warning. So if our foreign service lads start to piss of the local governance,  by logic, it won't be good for us as some could take it out on the nationals of the nations whose diplomats are considered interfering in internal affairs.  Lex Talionis ? .... Tit for tat ?  these words should ring a bell ?  One can never be to careful on the collateral dammage in these situations, if I may.

Of course all this I M H O , naturally.

I wouldn't worry about it. They want our Pounds, Dollars and Euros and will be remarkably pragmatic when it comes to money.

I have a stinker of a cold myself. There is definitely something doing the rounds...

I for one, appreciated that the representatives from embassies witnessed this. I hope that mine was one of them. Thailand leaders can say what they want, but that’s why countries with long, historic relationships and even treaties with Thailand, have the obligation to observe these type of incidents. If they didn’t, they would be negligent in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

5 minutes ago, baboon said:

I wouldn't worry about it. They want our Pounds, Dollars and Euros and will be remarkably pragmatic when it comes to money.

I have a stinker of a cold myself. There is definitely something doing the rounds...

Well let's hope the lord and mainly the new immigration policy maker-chief meditate on your words of wisdom and naturally loosen up a bit the visa extension rules, that currently are just pushing the pound, dollar and euro generators of 50+ age, to consider relocating. Wish you a prompt recovery.

I must admit, I was surprised that the police let them sit in on the interview. 

The Don guy is actually right. But the ones that messed up here was the police, who should have told them to wait outside.

A pretty smart move by inviting them. 

No matter on which side one is, or which colour your shirt is....a farang diplomat should mind his business and fully refrain from internal political meddling in any country. And this includes Thailand.

Far to many nations, obvious ones as the USA, Israel, France, Russia etc. etc. have been making trouble all over the world for centuries.  So boys, mind your own business, clean up your own messy countries and leave Thai internal politics alone.

And this is also valid for the farangs/foreigners in Thailand.
Gentlemen, keep yer mouths shut, do not meddle in internal political.  Leave your arrogance, condescendance or xenophobia back at home weather it's against the Thai politics or other foreigners,  in Thailand.
Quite correct ... I'm a Brexiteer and would " kick up big time " if someone from over 7500 miles away stuck there nose into what primarily us BRITISH VOTERS BUSINESS!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

There is such an abuse of the judicial system here, that is has long been normal for the rulers of this country to get away with whatever they want. The only people who can change this are the Thais, and sadly the majority support corruption or don't understand they are being led a merry dance or know, but can't be bothered to do anything productive about it. Then there are those who want to get involved, but know the real dangers of doing so. 

There will be a breaking point for many at some point in the future, but whether that is this year, 5 years from now or another half century remains to be seen.

18 hours ago, jonclark said:

Not a chance. The diplomats are just showing there support for the incoming government. Very common for a government to congratulate and support incoming members of a new government. 

Correct. Just exactly what is going on in Venezuela!!

19 hours ago, Tilacme said:

So who will they find to spearhead this lecture on protocols and practices in a democracy, considering the EC mess?

It has nothing to do with democracy. China, Russia, Cuba, KSA, UAE, etc etc aren't democracies. But diplomats and quasi quango diplomats wouldn't dare act like this there. 

Why should they be so arrogant and rude here? 

20 hours ago, observer90210 said:

No matter on which side one is, or which colour your shirt is....a farang diplomat should mind his business and fully refrain from internal political meddling in any country. And this includes Thailand.

Far to many nations, obvious ones as the USA, Israel, France, Russia etc. etc. have been making trouble all over the world for centuries.  So boys, mind your own business, clean up your own messy countries and leave Thai internal politics alone.

Gentlemen, keep yer mouths shut, do not meddle in internal political.  Leave your arrogance, condescendance or xenophobia back at home weather it's against the Thai politics or other foreigners,  in Thailand.

What high, exhaulted position you must hold to tell others across the glob what they should do and not do. On one hand you direct others to "keep yer mouth shut", while yours seems quite loud and meddling in the same post. I doubt if anyone in power will hear your fruitless squeeks.

1 minute ago, Benmart said:

What high, exhaulted position you must hold to tell others across the glob what they should do and not do. On one hand you direct others to "keep yer mouth shut", while yours seems quite loud and meddling in the same post. I doubt if anyone in power will hear your fruitless squeeks.

And what makes you think diplomats from another country can just go and do what they want, interfere with police etc in another country?

Can't wait till they try that in China, Russia, or Iran.

2 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

And what makes you think diplomats from another country can just go and do what they want, interfere with police etc in another country?

Eh Venezuela!! Just might have been in the news lately!! Etc. Etc.

2 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

There was no interference with police business as you well know.

Of course, observers would not be allowed in China, Russia or Iran. What's your point?

The real reason for Don's hissy fit, as you, I and the whole world knows, is that the elites are terrified of Thanthorn's challenge to their dirty old ways.

Is Thailand a member of the UN? If so, would it not be inline with UN resolutions for UN officials to attend such matters, if deemed nessesary? 

United Nations, means United, but I forget  Thailand is an Empire, (cough) because they seem to act like one, doing what the hell they like. 

What have the Thai authorities to hide? 

UN officials would have no need to attend such a hearing if there were no need, so why did the UN attend? 

More to this than meets the eye. 

Nothing will change here without foreign intervention. 

It's high time those in power were taken down the complete run of the unsteady dictatorial, power crazed ladder. 

11 minutes ago, Sonhia said:

Is Thailand a member of the UN? If so, would it not be inline with UN resolutions for UN officials to attend such matters, if deemed nessesary? 

Yes and UNESCAP is located in Bangkok. According to the usurper himself, "UN is not my father", in clear text, Thais don't intend to comply with anything if they don't feel like it.

Said it a million times, hard sanctions are needed to keep a rabid dog in check.

Google.."the blair miranda "..

There is such an abuse of the judicial system here, that is has long been normal for the rulers of this country to get away with whatever they want. The only people who can change this are the Thais, and sadly the majority support corruption or don't understand they are being led a merry dance or know, but can't be bothered to do anything productive about it. Then there are those who want to get involved, but know the real dangers of doing so. 

There will be a breaking point for many at some point in the future, but whether that is this year, 5 years from now or another half century remains to be seen.

You mean like the shady..selfish..self centered ..back stabbing mp's that my home country..the UK..has at the present moment????

United Nations, means United, but I forget  Thailand is an Empire, (cough) because they seem to act like one, doing what the hell they like. 

What have the Thai authorities to hide? 

UN officials would have no need to attend such a hearing if there were no need, so why did the UN attend? 

More to this than meets the eye. 

Nothing will change here without foreign intervention. 

It's high time those in power were taken down the complete run of the unsteady dictatorial, power crazed ladder. 

4 hours ago, Benmart said:

Wow, you seem totally upset. Why ? I do agree when you say nobody in power will react to my post, but well you did ????

Did you feel concerned when I was refering in the post above not to show arrogance and xenophobia ? Whatever. Relax and it's a pity you feel so upset and angry.

On 4/9/2019 at 3:52 PM, observer90210 said:

They will do what they want, when they want-Thailand has no power to change that-nice lecture though ????

2 hours ago, Redline said:

They will do what they want, when they want-Thailand has no power to change that-nice lecture though ????

Well your must be right but what to say.  Maybe my folks did somewhat educate me and taught me that in life one cannot do anything, anywhere. Thank you though for your constructive response. :wai:

On 4/11/2019 at 3:47 AM, observer90210 said:

Well your must be right but what to say.  Maybe my folks did somewhat educate me and taught me that in life one cannot do anything, anywhere. Thank you though for your constructive response. :wai:

Tell the corporations that ???? someone stretched the truth?

20 hours ago, Redline said:

Tell the corporations that ???? someone stretched the truth?

What can one say ? It reminds us a bit of the past when people like Gallilei or Magellan were accused of heresy (by the "establishment" and "the corporations"), because they dared to claim that the earth was round (and not flat). ????

8 hours ago, observer90210 said:

What can one say ? It reminds us a bit of the past when people like Gallilei or Magellan were accused of heresy (by the "establishment" and "the corporations"), because they dared to claim that the earth was round (and not flat). ????

Yep, the powerful win, and Thailand is not- the neighborhood is also paying the price ????

On 4/9/2019 at 10:49 AM, from the home of CC said:

There's is a time and place to voice concern but this wasn't neither. I, for one, will be sending a letter to my representative back home that this type of behavior is neither helpful nor wanted.

OK Don

10 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Possibly so but your two examples are historically incorrect as neither Columbus or Magellan were ever accused of heresy because they "dared to claim that the world was round"

Everyone who was anyone knew that it was round at the time.

Archived