Debts before marriage

user7969876

1 hour ago, justin case said:

you will be the ATM till there is no debt and she has a house and a car in her name, you paid for and then it is time for the next ATM as you will be broke

wait for the buffalo to get sick, the "brother" had a motosai accident and need a new one, the mother in law has cancer and more of that low class bullshit

You had a tough time in Thailand, no wonder all your posts are so negative.

If I had a relationship go that sour, there is no way I would tell a bunch of

strangers on the internet.

The best thing you should do is dust yourself down and get on with the rest of your life.

Dwelling on your personal problems does no good whatsoever.

3 hours ago, crazykopite said:

I think a lot of people who come to Thailand leave there brain in the departure lounge of there home country.

I used to know the Thai saying for this which translates to exactly your post. Normal Thai people think Farangs leave their brains at the airport. Paying Sin Sod to marry a prostitute, unmarried mother etc and then thinking they're responsible for her entire extended family paying and off their debts. There is also another Thai saying about how bar girls are trained how to empty a Farang's ATM. Suddenly her motorbike is stolen and they can't come and see you, her mother is in hospital and they can't pay the bill, the buffalo is ill/dead. The list of tearful phone calls is endless but unfortunately men's brains are controlled by their dick ????????????

On 4/9/2019 at 4:00 PM, glegolo said:

Is is as I understand it exactly the same as in our own western countries.  Debts occurred before marriage is nothing to worry about,,,

glegolo

In America her credit rating affects yours, so if she defaults on old debt your interest rates on your cards and any mortgage you hope to get will skyrocket. That means you pay or suffer the consequences.

4 hours ago, Mac98 said:

In America her credit rating affects yours, so if she defaults on old debt your interest rates on your cards and any mortgage you hope to get will skyrocket. That means you pay or suffer the consequences.

Oh sorry to hear about that, in Europe and more specifically in Sweden each person is an individual before and in marriage. That "old way" to look at husband and wife, died out I guess when we passed the 1900;s or round there...

glegolo

I will never understand WHY people ask a question like this here?

All you get is uninformed opinions and negative comments.

Google Siam Legal..........you can ask them a question, and best of all.....it’s FREE.........it gives you a sound legal answer.

Problem is people never learn....credit is easy here on property or vehicles. If you marry make sure everything is in your sole name. Thousands of guys have had creditors turn up on their doorstep due to the wife borrowing on the car or house. Money sense is learned at an early age and unfortunately cant be changed in older people....you have to ask, if Thais are so caring and take care of eachother...where were her family when she needed help.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 7:51 PM, wwest5829 said:

Ha! Well, it appears (appeared) to me like this. I did not know she had 89K baht credit debt when we met. With her car payment (I was aware) and the added credit debt, along with her Daughter’s education cost, she was strapped. In my culture there is a saying about when money worries enter, love goes out the window. So, I paid the credit card debt from money she would get when I croak and I pointed this out. But the debt relief gave her some breathing room. I have a happy girl and she says I have shown my love for her. I just love the Thai female logic ... it’s not about money, I want love ... but then ... 555. Anyway, something I could do within my bounds and I have a girl who cannot do enough to take care of me which is the traditional Thai cultural teaching. It’s like stepping back into the 1950s US culture and I do like it!!!

Enjoy it while it lasts. Mine was like that, and then she wasn't, and then we got divorced.

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:41 AM, Jaggg88 said:

I used to know the Thai saying for this which translates to exactly your post. Normal Thai people think Farangs leave their brains at the airport. Paying Sin Sod to marry a prostitute, unmarried mother etc and then thinking they're responsible for her entire extended family paying and off their debts. There is also another Thai saying about how bar girls are trained how to empty a Farang's ATM. Suddenly her motorbike is stolen and they can't come and see you, her mother is in hospital and they can't pay the bill, the buffalo is ill/dead. The list of tearful phone calls is endless but unfortunately men's brains are controlled by their dick ????????????

Given the load of horrible women that western men marry in western countries, it's not just in Thailand that men are led around by the small head.

Difference between LOS and western countries is that in the west, governments actively legislate to rip off men when they get divorced, and in my country you don't even have to be married to be skinned when it ends.

On 4/10/2019 at 9:51 AM, manhood said:

The hell: why you want marry her?

Do you all lost your brain in Thailand?????

Yes indeed, why marry her?

- One can issue a "last will" that benefits a Thai-Partner of many years. Inform her.
Make sure that she understands that there is a clause in the Last Will that clearly says: "Autopsy in a BKK forensic institution will have to be performed in order to clearly establish Cause of Death, not before will any funds be distributed. If results indicate a "non-natural-death" the funds/assets will go to Orphanage xxzzzxxx".
- A Thai-Lady, not satisfied with such an arrangement, still insisting on Marriage, has a multitude of alternative motives.
= Not to be married under any circumstances in the first place!

• 1 month later...
On 4/19/2019 at 11:58 AM, swissie said:

- One can issue a "last will" that benefits a Thai-Partner of many years. Inform her.
Make sure that she understands that there is a clause in the Last Will that clearly says: "Autopsy in a BKK forensic institution will have to be performed in order to clearly establish Cause of Death, not before will any funds be distributed. If results indicate a "non-natural-death" the funds/assets will go to Orphanage xxzzzxxx".

I recently considered this, mainly as a thought experiment rather than a formal solution to anything.  If you consider other potential outcomes then you may see some unintended consequences.  For instance, what if your partner was innocent and your death was caused by someone else?  If your partner possessed any suspicion or evidence she now has a compelling incentive to ignore these concerns and keep her mouth shut, since any deviation from a finding of natural death will rob her of any inheritance.  She may even feel compelled to take actions to hide or misreport any harm done by others.  Perhaps it's better to make these decisions in private and keep the details to yourself.  That way it's never entirely certain if you're worth more to them dead or alive.

Archived