Where to open a simple savings account in province Suphanburi? - your recommendation highly appricated

robertmueller

We moved down to Sri Prachan, Suphanburi.

I wanted to open a savings account, with ATM card (no internet banking and no credit/debit card needed) and had following original documents with me:

• passport with Non-O Visa, extension of stay based on marriage with Thai spouse valid until November 30, 2019, granted at Chiang Mai Immi

• Residence Certificate from my embassy (issued five days ago in Bangkok),

• original bank book of savings account from Bangkok Bank issued in Chiang Mai nine years ago, I had intention to transfer B500'000 from existing savings account (Chiang Mai) to newly opened savings account

• for address: original internet bill (wife's name),

• my wife, my kids

• and a copy of the internet page of required documents as specified Bangkok Bank:

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Save-And-Invest/Save/Savings-Account

I tried first my luck at the local branch of Bangkok Bank in Sri Prachan. Not do for foreigner!

I tried the Bangkok Bank in Robinson Shopping Mall, Amphur Muang Suphanburi. Not do for foreigner! Bangkok Bank only opens account for foreigners in tourist areas, e. g. Bangkok, Pattaya, Chiang Mai.

I should go there!

Then at the same location I tried with Siam Commercial Bank. Only do for foreigners with work permit!

Afterwards we went to Bangkok Bank branch at Tesco Lotus in Amphur Muang Suphanburi. Only do for foreigners with work permit!

From your forum members' experience:
could you please let me know in which bank and branch address (may be even the name of knowledgable staff) it is possible to open a simple savings account with official documents (as specified on the internet pages) in the province of Suphanburi.

Thank you very much.

Have a nice day.

Rob

Hi Rob,

Only try to open an account at the main branch of a Thai Bank in Suphanburi Town and not a sub-branch like those in Departments/Malls Stores.

Good Luck.

Win ????

I opened a savings account at my local Songphinong branch of Kasikorn Bank about 11 years ago with a non - imm O visa and my wife in attendance with no problems including ATM card and online banking...I usually get all the letters and etc that I need for my yearly extension from them no problem..then a year or so ago I went to inquire about a foreign currency account and a young woman that I never saw before started waving her arms about and and mouthing 'no!, no!, no!'...I shoulda had the patience to wave the cretin away and talk to someone else but I didn't...

then at the local Bangkok Bank branch housed in the local small tescos I opened an account for my US SSA payments but I went to the main BKK Silom branch first as required and the lady there gave me an authorization letter that I showed the local branch and things went smoothly after they talked to her on the phone first...they had never seen the sort of account that I needed and needed her instructions to proceed...

most of these provincial types are uninformed and when in doubt which is often wave arms about with eyes big as saucers mouthing 'no!, no!, no!'...very annoying 'hey!! whyn't you go back to college and learn t'speak english???!!!' tutsi resplendent in soiled wife beater shirt, unkempt and awash with booze...

As an existing BKK Bank customer you "should" have few issues opening another account.

As @Kan Win notes go to a proper bank branch not one of the sub-branches in the malls. If you struggle at first ask to speak to the manager.

In reality there's no longer much need to move (actually open a new account and move the money) your account to a local branch. I've not been near my "home" branch of Bangkok Bank for probably 14 years. At my local branch, new passbook - no problem, new card - no problem, draw 2 million in cash - no problem.

Try Kasikorn bank main branch. They seem to be about the best one without you getting problems. I tried BKK Bank + others and they all told me cant do for non Thai. I did question same and in the end they came clean, they didn't know how to do it.

Went to K/K and they sat me down with a coffee and all was sorted with the aid of Wife in around 30 min: I opened a deposit acc: for visa, and a currant saving acc: problem what problem. And I also only had my Passport and some cash. Simple, and no bugger even spoke English.

All was sorted with wife translating. As said 30+ minutes later two pass books and ATM Card. You can use the ATM card it's also D/Debit like most banks I suspect, can be used to buy things if they accept cards. But only valued for anything less than 20th.

They offer everything you'll need letter for visa, cost for that 100bt Only thing they aren't great at is money exchange I find I can get a better rate at another bank then I take it to K/K and pay it in. Bit of faffing about but not the end of the world.

Another good thing I have found, transferring monies from the UK my Lloyds bank doesn't charge neither does the K/K.

40 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Try Kasikorn bank main branch. They seem to be about the best one without you getting problems. I tried BKK Bank + others and they all told me cant do for non Thai. I did question same and in the end they came clean, they didn't know how to do it.

Went to K/K and they sat me down with a coffee and all was sorted with the aid of Wife in around 30 min: I opened a deposit acc: for visa, and a currant saving acc: problem what problem. And I also only had my Passport and some cash. Simple, and no bugger even spoke English.

All was sorted with wife translating. As said 30+ minutes later two pass books and ATM Card. You can use the ATM card it's also D/Debit like most banks I suspect, can be used to buy things if they accept cards. But only valued for anything less than 20th.

They offer everything you'll need letter for visa, cost for that 100bt Only thing they aren't great at is money exchange I find I can get a better rate at another bank then I take it to K/K and pay it in. Bit of faffing about but not the end of the world.

Another good thing I have found, transferring monies from the UK my Lloyds bank doesn't charge neither does the K/K.

Great. Thanks to every one for the feedback. ???? Good to know that fellow members in this new area help each other with their recommendations!
After our Samui holidays I will try my luck at the main branch in Suphanburi.

fredob43:
I located a Kasikorn Bank in Suphanburi. Please find below a Google Maps link:
https://goo.gl/maps/a78TNonShZR2
Is it the main branch, the very same branch which you described in your post?

Have a nice day!
Rob

18 minutes ago, robertmueller said:

Great. Thanks to every one for the feedback. ???? Good to know that fellow members in this new area help each other with their recommendations!
After our Samui holidays I will try my luck at the main branch in Suphanburi.

fredob43:
I located a Kasikorn Bank in Suphanburi. Please find below a Google Maps link:
https://goo.gl/maps/a78TNonShZR2
Is it the main branch, the very same branch which you described in your post?

Have a nice day!
Rob

I don't live in S/Buri but in a town similar size. Whatever I'm sure you won't have a problem with K/K. I owe you a couple of pints if I'm incorrect. But I don't think so. Please let us know later how you get on.

Enjoy your trip. I went there Samui 20+ years ago. Was the only one on the beach. I felt a bit like Robinson Crusoe wondering along with my brolly. Went back last year stayed overnight and left. Thought they had buggered it. Then again I don't like commercial tourist places.

Archived