BREAKING: Prime Minister used Article 44 powers to sack and rein in Big Joke

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, losworld said:

Let me get this straight... the guy is sacked by the PM and is under special investigation so he is made special advisor to the PM?

Amazing Thailand:)

Thats  how this particular story reads. Other than media claims  yet to see any official claim.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Surachate among other state officials transferred
By The Nation

bj.jpeg

File photo: Pol Lt-General Surachate Hakparn

Former Immigration Bureau chief Pol Lt-General Surachate Hakparn, once considered a rising star in the police force, was given the post of special adviser attached to the Prime Minister’s Office on Tuesday.

This new post added more questions to the mystery surrounding Surachate and further fuelled speculation regarding his fate.  Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha, in his capacity as head of the ruling National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO), issued an order dated April 9 transferring Surachate from Royal Thai Police to become a civil servant at the Prime Minister’s Office.

bj2.jpeg

According to the order, which was published in the Royal Gazette on Tuesday, Surachate is among the state officials who have been moved to other jobs because they are undergoing investigation or have problems regarding personnel. The order said the NCPO saw it fit to add Surachate to the list, but did not say why. 

The NCPO order said the PM will seek Royal endorsement for Surachate’s new post. The Cabinet “acknowledged” the order at its weekly meeting on Tuesday, deputy government spokesperson Colonel Taksada Sangkachan said. The list of transferred state officials, to which Surachate was added, dates back to May 2015 – a year after NCPO took over through a military coup.  

However, questions regarding the move remain unanswered as those involved are keeping their mouths shut. Prayut, National Police chief Pol General Chakthip Chaijinda, and even Surachate himself refused to reveal the reason behind his sudden transfers.

Surachate was initially transferred to the Royal Thai Police's operation centre in an order issued last Friday by the National Police chief.

Then in an additional order issued on Tuesday, the National Police chief said Surachate has been “removed” from all duties at the Immigration Bureau, before the PM made his move to the Prime Minister’s Office official.  Surachate, better known as “Big Joke”, was considered a rising star in the police force, attaining his general’s rank early in his mid-40s.

He had the opportunity to serve some top police officers in the past, and is believed to be close to Deputy Prime Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan, who oversees the police force.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30367408

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-04-09

Where is any signature ?

Just now, Anythingleft? said:

A man with several? Must be down the rabbit hole........

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Last time I saw that old codger he was heading for la la land, he needed help out of his car and 2 or 3 to get him upstairs, not a well man (hopefully)  ????

1 hour ago, madmen said:

"future street protests, which now look more likely." dream on. after 5 years of military rule we didnt here a peep from the Thais and you think they will rise up now and force another 5 year Coup????

You omitted to mention the few brave or idiotic Thai's that did protest - they are still in jail, "they" made it impossible to protest - one of their first actions.

Big Joke will be a member of Parliament one day.

Are there any other countries in the world where a supposed civilian government (pre-junta days) is regularly filled with former police and military captains, lieutenants, generals and so on?

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Where is the big vinyl poster?

Got what he deserved, just a big head who jumped on any arrest he thought would give him the best publicity.

Had a beautiful sidekick a while back and she got shunted out because she was getting too much attention.

careful it could happen to you as well - getting too much attention ....... ????

1 hour ago, ICELANDMAN said:

1000 Big joke  O Farang

I dont think so. I think that plenty more farangs might like to live here if more of those in charge were like Big Joke. They probably wouldn't be the same farangs as stay here now though.

Not everyone likes hookers and bars and noise and deceit and corruption and being able to hide from extradition. Thailand just needs to work out what sort of farangs it wants to attract.

20 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

I dont think so. I think that plenty more farangs might like to live here if more of those in charge were like Big Joke. They probably wouldn't be the same farangs as stay here now though.

Not everyone likes hookers and bars and noise and deceit and corruption and being able to hide from extradition. Thailand just needs to work out what sort of farangs it wants to attract.

Based on the money flowing into Pattaya, I think we have our answer.

45 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Perhaps you forget too quickly that the Big Joke has become more complicated for the visa renewal and had just begun, in a year's time it would probably have made it impossible for many foreigners to obtain the visa as well as increasing the bank deposit to 3 million or maybe 5 ?

Love BJ or hate him, I don't think he should be counted out yet. In a world that is driven by information, BJ, in his involvement with so many departments on his path upwards has been privy to it all.

Push him too far and you might just find him releasing his 'plan B' of juicy facts and figures. Could be his biggest stage to date.

If he hasn't got that 'plan B' or something similar, then he isn't on my wavelength. IMO there are a lot of highly placed people treading cautiously and not getting a good night's sleep out there.

1 hour ago, ICELANDMAN said:

Perhaps you forget too quickly that the Big Joke has become more complicated for the visa renewal and had just begun, in a year's time it would probably have made it impossible for many foreigners to obtain the visa as well as increasing the bank deposit to 3 million or maybe 5 ?

I doubt that. For me and many others absolutely nothing has changed in the last 10 years as far as retirement extensions are concerned, apart from it taking less of my time at the immigration office. For some it certainly has changed for the worse, but I suspect that they are the ones that Thailand thinks it can do without.

8 hours ago, rabas said:

Section 2 of the above official order states his salary will remain the same,  in his new position as senior dog on a leash under PM Prayut.  Seems Prayut wants to keep a  very close watch on him.

This fits with an earlier guess. Thaksin/team may have tried to connect with BJ because they thought his flamboyant style and public popularity would be useful in any future street protests, which now look more likely.  The next protests will include cyber-control, which BJ also knows.

Remember Taksin and Sae Daeng, Lt Gen Khattiya Sawasdipol, the highly popular leader of the red street protests in 2009, before he was shot through the head while talking to a reporter live.

Sae Daeng and BJ have quite similar flamboyant leadership styles.

Both Thaksin and BJ have police roots. Sae Daeng was Army.

Both Thaksin and BJ were just recently stripped of position or honors by the same person.

Sae Daeng was probably too flamboyant, having been fired for throwing a hand grenade in his commanding general's office because the general forced Sae Daeng to take dancing lessons. (that's Thainess)

As for Prawit? A man with a watch knows what time it is, a man with two is never sure.

Sae Daeng had a long history of violence and thuggery he was simply a thug who would do anything requested or even not requested (no limits of violence - no respect whatever for the law) for the paymaster.

Big Joke has no history of violence or strong arm actions. 

6 hours ago, KittenKong said:

555, that's why of all the places in the Kingdom you could have settled you decided on Pattaya. So tell us, we're you there before the hookers too, just like the Jomtien beach chair vendors? 

His past has caught up with him its nothing to do with the last couple of years and involves many people, nothing more can be said here, but those of you that have informed Thai wives will be able to tell you.

12 hours ago, DepDavid said:

Do a good job, try to limit corruption, and this is how he is rewarded. TIT!

Remember that honest cop, who fled to Australia, fearing for his life... the danger, no from street criminals, but from Higher up the feeding chain... powerful people, especially politcal.

1 hour ago, Aussie999 said:

Remember that honest cop, who fled to Australia, fearing for his life... the danger, no from street criminals, but from Higher up the feeding chain... powerful people, especially politcal.

14 hours ago, bannork said:

Don't forget he is rumoured to very close to Pravit who today missed the cabinet meeting due to an upset stomach. His stomach could be very upset because apparently the meeting for tomorrow to choose the new head of immigration, a meeting that should be chaired by Pravit, has now been postponed with no new date set. Notice also how today Prayuth refused to talk to reporters.

The image of Gen Prawit with delhi belly is not a pretty one ????

13 hours ago, colinneil said:

Where is the big vinyl poster?

Got what he deserved, just a big head who jumped on any arrest he thought would give him the best publicity.

Had a beautiful sidekick a while back and she got shunted out because she was getting too much attention.

You mean the big vinyl poser?

Archived