BREAKING: Prime Minister used Article 44 powers to sack and rein in Big Joke

snoop1130

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, sjaak327 said:

An absolute overdose on news about a civil servant.

Maybe to deflect from the election saga..

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk

They meant to throw him under the bus but the bus crashed before it got to him!

Who is this individual that keeps being referred to as "Prime Minister"?! As the results of the, ahem, election have not been announced and the 250 seat den of iniquity have not chosen a prime minister as yet, then this individual, who has usurped the title, can still only claim to be the coup leader at best!

50 minutes ago, masuk said:

Possibly making decisions which should have been made by elected politicians.   I have still to read where important new laws are debated, be they migration laws or traffic.

Where are these "elected politicians" you speak of? The country has NO ELECTED POLITICIANS, just junta appointed puppets from the military who were neither elected  nor are they politicians!

16 hours ago, darksidedog said:

My neighbour who works at immigration said that he was widely disliked by the immigration staff for trying to force unworkable policies on them.

As far as the investigation is concerned, there are many many possibilities, and I suspect Big Jokes days may well be numbered.

to zero to be exact since the person in question was fired from the Police Force already.

Just wondering why they used the Military Power article for this transfer to another job. 
Why not just regulations and regular Law, or an order by higher Authority in the Police Force.

Maybe that part of the Puzzle will be revealed in the coming weeks.

16 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Article 44, ouch, that'll leave a mark.

I guess a promotion is out of the question?

Yeah, the normal thing has been a promotion and sent to the inactive left field, now they did that and then stripped him of rank and everything else, so I guess that if he gets to stay in to the police force... then it will be as a meter maid!

5 hours ago, Netease said:

His past has caught up with him its nothing to do with the last couple of years and involves many people, nothing more can be said here, but those of you that have informed Thai wives will be able to tell you.

And usually when your past catches up, all of a sudden, it is caused by something that you did recently, or were currently engaged in.  The past is just used as the reason, & part of the remedy.

It’s decidedly odd the PM, now in a caretaker role, where he is not expected to make any major changes to commit the next government, felt the situation was serious enough to use Section 44, a provision hanging over from the temporary 2014 constitution, to sack a senior police officer, who appeared to be virtually running the force. It will be interesting to see what eventuates.

1 hour ago, Issanbound said:

My mail is, from a very reliable source, it is for this very reason, corruption,  that he is under investigation. Do as I say, not as I do. 

And were you Jimmy7777 before you joined one hour ago ? He claimed to have lots of reliable sources too, his “spook contacts at the Embassy” etc. He has been silent since his claims of Big Joke being arrested, thrown into the royal prison, never to be seen again, are now obviously wrong.

17 hours ago, darksidedog said:

My neighbour who works at immigration said that he was widely disliked by the immigration staff for trying to force unworkable policies on them.

As far as the investigation is concerned, there are many many possibilities, and I suspect Big Jokes days may well be numbered.

It's not unusual in any large organization that if a new boss upsets too many subordinates at all levels then it's easier to remove the new boss.

Taking a sledge hammer to crack a walnut with procedures and policies that are difficult, time consuming and unnecessarily bureaucratic aren't gonna be appreciated by the generally busy, often overworked, staff who have to implement and follow them.

Seen that many many times in different organizations. Change management requires very careful handling at the best of times. More so in some organizations.

17 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Surachate among other state officials transferred
By The Nation

bj.jpeg

File photo: Pol Lt-General Surachate Hakparn

Former Immigration Bureau chief Pol Lt-General Surachate Hakparn, once considered a rising star in the police force, was given the post of special adviser attached to the Prime Minister’s Office on Tuesday.

This new post added more questions to the mystery surrounding Surachate and further fuelled speculation regarding his fate.  Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha, in his capacity as head of the ruling National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO), issued an order dated April 9 transferring Surachate from Royal Thai Police to become a civil servant at the Prime Minister’s Office.

bj2.jpeg

According to the order, which was published in the Royal Gazette on Tuesday, Surachate is among the state officials who have been moved to other jobs because they are undergoing investigation or have problems regarding personnel. The order said the NCPO saw it fit to add Surachate to the list, but did not say why. 

The NCPO order said the PM will seek Royal endorsement for Surachate’s new post. The Cabinet “acknowledged” the order at its weekly meeting on Tuesday, deputy government spokesperson Colonel Taksada Sangkachan said. The list of transferred state officials, to which Surachate was added, dates back to May 2015 – a year after NCPO took over through a military coup.  

However, questions regarding the move remain unanswered as those involved are keeping their mouths shut. Prayut, National Police chief Pol General Chakthip Chaijinda, and even Surachate himself refused to reveal the reason behind his sudden transfers.

Surachate was initially transferred to the Royal Thai Police's operation centre in an order issued last Friday by the National Police chief.

Then in an additional order issued on Tuesday, the National Police chief said Surachate has been “removed” from all duties at the Immigration Bureau, before the PM made his move to the Prime Minister’s Office official.  Surachate, better known as “Big Joke”, was considered a rising star in the police force, attaining his general’s rank early in his mid-40s.

He had the opportunity to serve some top police officers in the past, and is believed to be close to Deputy Prime Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan, who oversees the police force.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30367408

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-04-09

Something is in the air- perhaps some political and coup grooming

16 hours ago, BestB said:

Someone is sending a strong message to someone else. Where from and to whom we may never find out 

But maybe the 'someone else' doesn't know either and may never find out - nor us!

Through the avenue of the medium of, I say!

You mean, getting them to actually work and do their job, instead of being on their mobile phones all day!!!!

Archived