Travel visa for my new girlfriend

Hi , I've met a girl from surin , how easy is it now to get a travel visa for her to come to the UK ? I have known her for 10 months , have sent her a bit of money but not alot in the 10 months probably 30'000 b , she doesn't ask for money , my Thai wife of 10 years has run off with someone , so I had her on standby , as I kind of had an idear this would happen sooner or later , , so now what's the best way to get the new one here for a holiday , any help would be much appreciated thanks Steve .

Sent from my Pixel XL using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Rule no 1 - don't repeat the same mistakes, if any, as with an ex

Rule no 2 - better rent then buy would some say

Rule no 3 - better export for a fun holiday then to import potential or eventual trouble or hassle back home

Rule no 4 - Good luck

Yes totally agree , done the whole , car for dad , house , luckly my house in hua hin is in my daughter name , I think the number 1 rule is never trust them , ahahahaah

Rule no 1 - don't repeat the same mistakes, if any, as with an ex

Rule no 2 - better rent then buy would some say

Rule no 3 - better export for a fun holiday then to import potential or eventual trouble or hassle back home

Rule no 4 - Good luck

11 minutes ago, pottsforrags said:

Any links ?

We used TSL, they have offices in Trendy Building & the Sindhorn Bldg opposite the US Embassy.

We used them for an immigrant visa for the US, but when I was in their office in the Trendy Bldg, I heard a Hell of a lot of British accents talking about tourist visas.

They are pretty decent folks, and certainly can ensure you get all the right information and paperwork

http://tslthailand.com/

Thanks so much

We used TSL, they have offices in Trendy Building & the Sindhorn Bldg opposite the US Embassy.

We used them for an immigrant visa for the US, but when I was in their office in the Trendy Bldg, I heard a Hell of a lot of British accents talking about tourist visas.

They are pretty decent folks, and certainly can ensure you get all the right information and paperwork

http://tslthailand.com/

Save your money with a visa company. It's not that difficult and there are plenty of people on here who will be happy to help.

85-90% of a visit visa is gathering the info which you have to do yourself any way.

What info do I need please let me know thanks , I haven't done for many years and forget , is there an issue with showing I support her , does she have to have money in the bank ?

Save your money with a visa company. It's not that difficult and there are plenty of people on here who will be happy to help.

85-90% of a visit visa is gathering the info which you have to do yourself any way.

The main things are, convincing them that she will return to Thailand afterwards (you have no control over an adult, so you can only support her stated intention to return), and She has a credit or debit card that she can withdraw from her account, cash in pocket etc. when she is in the UK. Confirmed accommodation. Proof of relationship (not as easy to do now using video apps), Return ticket capability.

Also, 

Does her Health insurance cover her in the UK, as well getting travel insurance.

Was easy enough to arrange the Visa Yourselves in the past, but a while since we've done one.

I think the Home office guidance should still be online, so you can check what they are looking for.

e.g. https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/793361/Visit-guidance-v8.0ext.pdf

Thank you

The main things are, convincing them that she will return to Thailand afterwards (you have no control over an adult, so you can only support her stated intention to return), and She has a credit or debit card that she can withdraw from her account, cash in pocket etc. when she is in the UK. Confirmed accommodation. Proof of relationship (not as easy to do now using video apps), Return ticket capability.
Also, 
Does her Health insurance cover her in the UK, as well getting travel insurance.

Was easy enough to arrange the Visa Yourselves in the past, but a while since we've done one.

I think the Home office guidance should still be online, so you can check what they are looking for.
e.g. https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/793361/Visit-guidance-v8.0ext.pdf

7 minutes ago, johnwf1963 said:

Also, 

That is always the killer for most Thai's, especially women in my anecdotal experience,  travelling to mythical magical farang, that you can prove they have a compelling reason for them to return to Thailand at the end of their vacation.

That usually involves showing, and convincing the Consular Officer at the interview, of a stable job, money in the bank, house etc.

The problem is shes not working she is home with the kids she has a chefs course planned at the end of August , she has booked and payed for this , this is as I live in London in the future I hope her to stay full time , so she doesn't have to work in massage and some sh,*** job cleaning or something she has to stay on the course for 6 month and 6 months placement for 3 months , I thought this would be a good idear as , I bought my ex Thai wife a massage shop and she as I thought as thought the grass was greener when some pri** has been flashing a few quid in them luis Vuitton eyes ha as we all know it's all about the baht , lol [emoji23]

That is always the killer for most Thai's, especially women in my anecdotal experience,  travelling to mythical magical farang, that you can prove they have a compelling reason for them to return to Thailand at the end of their vacation.
That usually involves showing, and convincing the Consular Officer at the interview, of a stable job, money in the bank, house etc.

48 minutes ago, pottsforrags said:

Does she need to get a job ? She's always worked until she met muggins ? emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

She doesn't have to get a job, but without one - being an employee of a business - she will be considered a high risk as she has no reason to return.

Unless you're in the country with her to help put together the application you should - as already advised - pay for her to use an agent. You will only have one chance to get the application right. If it's denied there is no way to appeal.

Thanks will be easier to pay them , I will be going on the 1st of June so will look into it thanks

She doesn't have to get a job, but without one - being an employee of a business - she will be considered a high risk as she has no reason to return.

Unless you're in the country with her to help put together the application you should - as already advised - pay for her to use an agent. You will only have one chance to get the application right. If it's denied there is no way to appeal.

There’s no interview with Consular Officers, or anyone else, for applications for UK visas, I suspect you’re confusing the process with applications for a US visa.

Applications for a UK visa are considered using the evidence the applicant has supplied, though on occasions the applicant, or the author of supporting evidence, may be called if the Entry Clearance Officer, the decision maker, needs to clarify any points in the application.

The OP needs to bare in mind that it’s his girlfriend who needs to satisfy the ECO that she’s a genuine applicant, that her proposed visit is pukka, affordable and that, on the balance of probabilities, she will return home at the conclusion of her visit, so she does need to provide evidence of her ties to Thailand.

I do agree with the previous poster who advises that an agent isn’t really necessary for straightforward applications.

I’m sure you’re current girlfriend would be delighted to learn that she’s been on standby in case your previous relationship turned sour.

1 hour ago, theoldgit said:

There’s no interview with Consular Officers, or anyone else, for applications for UK visas, I suspect you’re confusing the process with applications for a US visa.

Applications for a UK visa are considered using the evidence the applicant has supplied, though on occasions the applicant, or the author of supporting evidence, may be called if the Entry Clearance Officer, the decision maker, needs to clarify any points in the application.

The OP needs to bare in mind that it’s his girlfriend who needs to satisfy the ECO that she’s a genuine applicant, that her proposed visit is pukka, affordable and that, on the balance of probabilities, she will return home at the conclusion of her visit, so she does need to provide evidence of her ties to Thailand.

I do agree with the previous poster who advises that an agent isn’t really necessary for straightforward applications.

I’m sure you’re current girlfriend would be delighted to learn that she’s been on standby in case your previous relationship turned sour.

Sorry I thought you Brits had to do the same as us, and have an interview.

That might actually be worse in point of fact. At least with a face to face interview you can try to explain the facts!

But who knows!

3 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

Sorry I thought you Brits had to do the same as us, and have an interview.

That might actually be worse in point of fact. At least with a face to face interview you can try to explain the facts!

But who knows!

That’s the major issue with UK applications. You have to decide what to include with the application, and you’ve only got one chance to get the paperwork right.

I helped a Thai friend who lives in the UK try to get a tourist visa for his nephew.  The kid is late twenties, had an office job in Bangkok (not that well paid but he'd been there a few years), some money in the bank and married. His wife wouldn't be going with him and we thought that would be seen as a reason to assume he'd return to Thailand.  Uncle was providing accommodation. All of that was set out in the application, including uncle's pay slips to show he has financial means. Application refused - job security was not deemed to be sufficient or, as the refusal statement put it "not enough confidence that he would return to Thailand"

As previous posters already pointed out, preparing the paperwork needed for the application is not so difficult so there is little need for a Visa Agency.  An agency will merely tell you what is needed and you have to provide it to them instead of directly to the Visa office.  The difficult part will be demonstrating that your girlfriend has good reasons for coming back (e.g. small children / a job / a house / financial means in Thailand).  What could be helpful is that together with your 'invitation letter' you provide a detailed day-to-day schedule of what you are going to do in UK, e.g. visiting relatives, tourist attractions, etc.

In case you  are interested, I can provide you with a copy of the application I made for my girlfriend, which was approved without any problems.

Good luck!    

16 hours ago, pottsforrags said:

Because no job ?

Unless she has either a job and letter from employer saying it's ok for her to take time off or she owns land she will probably be refused. I asked 2 agents about this for my wife and they said she would almost certainly fail to get a Visa. It was about 1.5 years ago that I asked but I suspect things are at least as difficult, maybe more so now.

Unless she has either a job and letter from employer saying it's ok for her to take time off or she owns land she will probably be refused. I asked 2 agents about this for my wife and they said she would almost certainly fail to get a Visa. It was about 1.5 years ago that I asked but I suspect things are at least as difficult, maybe more so now.
When my wife was my girlfriend she didn’t work, had no land or property and I was still married to another lass, she applied for two six month visas and a two year visa, all three were granted. She now has a five year visa, and still doesn’t work.
I’m surprised the “agents” you spoke to gave that advice.

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

you provide a detailed day-to-day schedule of what you are going to do in UK, e.g. visiting relatives, tourist attractions, etc.

And if it rains or you fall out with the relatives?????

I have done my gf's visa four times, she has no job as I support her, we have a house here, no kids. Got Visa AND a Schengen no problem at all. Just tell them the truth.

Archived