Nescafé outlays Bt200 million to expand its Americano range with new Zero Sugar variant

webfact

Nescafé outlays Bt200 million to expand its Americano range with new Zero Sugar variant

By The Nation

767b6e3ee4fcba18e589f2d49bd1619d.jpeg

Nescafé, Thailand’s No-1 coffee brand, is expanding the black coffee-mix market segment by investing Bt200 million to drive its Nescafé Americano range, with the launch of a new no-sugar variant called Nescafé Americano Zero Sugar – under the concept “0% Sugar with a Pure Intense Coffee Taste”.

Responding to the trend among the new generation of coffee lovers to drink black and iced coffee, the new variant is Thailand’s first café-style zero-sugar black coffee mix, offering the full taste and aroma of finely ground roasted Arabica coffee with no sweetness and only five calories. 

Certified with the “Healthier Choice Logo, it’s a cold soluble coffee that is easy to prepare and great when served either iced or hot, according to the maker. 

Nescafé Americano has also introduced Thanapob “Tor” Leeratanakajorn as its brand ambassador to reinforce the brand as the “coolest black drink for the new generation”.

The Thai bcoffee-mix market, valued at Bt16.2 billion, grew 5.1 per cent last year. 

Nescafé established the two-in-one category when it launched Nescafé Americano in March last year. 

It has been tremendously successful, receiving great feedback from the new generation of coffee drinkers, with 71 per cent of Nescafé Americano consumers aged 20 to 39, the company said. 

The Americano and black coffee trend is also showing strong growth in other models. 

At NESCAFÉ HUB@Chidlom, Iced Americano is the second best-selling beverage, while Nitro Americano is in fourth place. 

For Nescafé Dolce Gusto, black coffee is the best-selling beverage with growth of over 31 per cent.

Victor Seah, chairman and chief executive officer of Nestlé Indochina, said on Tuesday: “Following the great response to Nescafé Americano, I am pleased that we are celebrating the launch of new Nescafé Americano Zero Sugar. It’s the coolest black drink with no sugar that meets Thai coffee lovers’ evolving preference for healthier black coffee ... This product innovation is our latest SKU to be certified with the Healthier Choice Logo. 

“It strengthens Nestlé’s position as the leading food and beverage company, with 48 SKUs certified with the Healthier Choice Logo, the highest number for any company in our category.”

Naritta Vipulyasekha, business manager – Nescafé Coffee Mixes; Nestlé (Thai), said: “Innovative new Nescafé Americano Zero Sugar is the result of our understanding the changing needs of the new generation of coffee drinkers who want a healthier choice for black and iced coffee. Based on our social listening, we discovered that there is consumer demand for Americano coffee that is not sweet and does not contain any sugar.”

Brand ambassador “Tor” Thanapob will convey the product concept of Nescafé Americano through a new commercial entitled “Cool You Down,” which airs from today on leading TV stations and digital platforms.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30367451

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-04-10

Golly, B200 million for a cup of "Warsaw Pact"!

To explain : how do you like your coffee? White two sugars was "NATO standard", black no sugar was "Warsaw Pact"!

It was all a long time ago.

Being a person of 'no colour' I find the descriptions of their product to be rascist.

Aside from all that sjw nonsense, I wish I could find a decent instant coffee. Gave up drinking Nescaff a long time ago- doubt this is any better, if the have samples available from the white trousered ladies in Tesco, I might try some.

I used to drink the cans of iced coffee with milk every day but I found they were loaded with sugar so I stopped drinking them.

That was maybe 5 or 6 years ago.

Is there a brand of the small ring pull 'tins' that uses aspartame (my favourite of all the aftificial sweeteners) instead of sugar available in Thailand ?

One question that often come up when people are visiting Thailand is: where are all the suger free mixers for alcoholic drinks? Apart from Coke / Pepsi there doesn't appear to be any. WHY?

For example my mother is a type 1 diabetic and she drinks zero carb drinks which means Vodka Coke Zero is her only choice, everything else is loaded with carbs (sugar is a run of the mill carb).

I believe the Thais in my mothers situation just continue which is why leads to serious health issues.....

3 minutes ago, faraday said:

I wish I could find a decent instant coffee

I use this one :

image.png.3779bd91f98cda5742df1bc75faa0d1d.png

The key to making it taste ok is to use between 2 and 3 teaspoons of coffe per cup, anything less than that and it's watery garbage.

16 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Is there a brand of the small ring pull 'tins' that uses aspartame (my favourite of all the aftificial sweeteners) instead of sugar available in Thailand ?

There was one brand in a glass bottle for 18 baht at Foodland on Suk Soi 16 that had 3 or 4 varieties advertised as "no sugar".  I'm sure it's widely available, but not in the tin cans....

Not a bad caffeine delivery system.  I wish I recalled the brand, but I'm back in the USA.

Its instant coffee, not real coffee. Lipstick on a pig.

People need to start boycotting this crap and accepting it as real coffee.

Instant coffee is for people who are on the space station, they reconstitute their dried meals and their dried coffee.

getting old... red the article but what is the substitute ?

all the 2-in-1 or 3-in-1 is as good as poison

very little and low grade coffee (and twigs, yes, they use it, most of the cheap coffees)

coffee creamer that is TRANS FAT, so low amount per stick that they can magically pretend it is not there

and normally a s.hitload of sugar 50+ percent, but in this case, replaced by what ?

sucralose or some other liver dangerous product

ok, it is thailand and for thai people so, blinders on, drink and don't think

6 minutes ago, Sealbash said:

Nescafé is owned by Nestle, headquartered in Switzerland. Their market cap is approximately USD $300,000,000. It would appear their R&D and marketing departments may know something you missed during your in depth analysis.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yes I did miss real coffee, and i couldn't care less about how much money goes around with this brown dust. 

1 hour ago, faraday said:

Being a person of 'no colour' I find the descriptions of their product to be rascist.

Aside from all that sjw nonsense, I wish I could find a decent instant coffee. Gave up drinking Nescaff a long time ago- doubt this is any better, if the have samples available from the white trousered ladies in Tesco, I might try some.

We discovered something that is brand new and a total revolution. Keep it between us. We buy coffee beans and grind them then add hot water. We didn't put sugar in and it turned out to be sugar free. We also noticed that if you put in the fridge it turns into cold coffee.

We're thinking of starting a 'go fund me' to try and get this idea going.

19 minutes ago, overherebc said:

We discovered something that is brand new and a total revolution. Keep it between us. We buy coffee beans and grind them then add hot water. We didn't put sugar in and it turned out to be sugar free. We also noticed that if you put in the fridge it turns into cold coffee.

We're thinking of starting a 'go fund me' to try and get this idea going.

Keep schtum mate - loose lips sink ships.

????

Ever heard of Bob Newhart....? I've embedded this video about Tobacco. He does a similar skit about coffee beans which I couldn't find.

Hilarious.

2 hours ago, ukrules said:

I used to drink the cans of iced coffee with milk every day but I found they were loaded with sugar so I stopped drinking them.

That was maybe 5 or 6 years ago.

One question that often come up when people are visiting Thailand is: where are all the suger free mixers for alcoholic drinks? Apart from Coke / Pepsi there doesn't appear to be any. WHY?

For example my mother is a type 1 diabetic and she drinks zero carb drinks which means Vodka Coke Zero is her only choice, everything else is loaded with carbs (sugar is a run of the mill carb).

I believe the Thais in my mothers situation just continue which is why leads to serious health issues.....

Drinking coffee with aspartame (a known excitotoxin) from small ring pull BPA leaching "tins" is maybe also not such a bright idea. Just saying...

Why would anyone drink this stuff? Thailand produces some great coffee beans and at good prices. Find a local coffee shop and then have them grind them to how you want them or buy a home grinder. Then go ahead and experiment in all the different ways there is to make coffee at home - aeropress, French press, pour over, iced etc. It's all worth it for a superior end product. Anyway, this is a non story.

11 minutes ago, faraday said:

Keep schtum mate - loose lips sink ships.

????

Ever heard of Bob Newhart....? I've embedded this video about Tobacco. He does a similar skit about coffee beans which I couldn't find.

Hilarious.

A little off topice I know.

He tells a story based on 'the logic of children'.

Little boy is looking very sad and head hanging down so he asks him what's wrong?

My dog died.

Never mind, when you go to heaven god will have your dog waiting for you.

Kid looks up and says

Why would god want a dead dog?

4 hours ago, ukrules said:

I use this one :

image.png.3779bd91f98cda5742df1bc75faa0d1d.png

The key to making it taste ok is to use between 2 and 3 teaspoons of coffe per cup, anything less than that and it's watery garbage.

I use this one and same as yourself: 2 teaspoons to the cup. Quite enjoyable.

download.jpg

7 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Black coffee, a recipe 

1. Grind coffee beans

2. Put ground beans into coffee maker

3. Add water

4. Switch on coffee maker

5. Wait a few minutes 

6. Pour and drink

Nescafe is not real coffee. 

Have to admit my suitcase usually has a few ready mixed in it. I have no idea what they put in those little sachets, any make, they supply in hotel rooms but they sure don't use premium instant coffee. At least I know what 3-in-1 will taste like first thing in the morning, not fantastic but ok.

Makes the fresh coffee in the breakfast room taste better when you get there. Depending on when/where we sometimes carry a two cup filter unit and fresh coffee.

24 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Have to admit my suitcase usually has a few ready mixed in it. I have no idea what they put in those little sachets, any make, they supply in hotel rooms but they sure don't use premium instant coffee. At least I know what 3-in-1 will taste like first thing in the morning, not fantastic but ok.

Makes the fresh coffee in the breakfast room taste better when you get there. Depending on when/where we sometimes carry a two cup filter unit and fresh coffee.

I always have a vacuum travel flask/mug/cup {whatever they are called} when I travel.

Fill that with coffee from whatever chain coffee store is around, not as good as freshly brewed, but it does the job when travelling.

At work I have a French Press and a jar of ground coffee available.

I don't have many vices, but coffee is most of them...

I bought a cheap (drip) coffee maker.
I add a few dried leafs of stevia with the ground coffee, let then machine work its magic, pour my self a mug and add a splash of fresh milk... that gives me a fresh coffee that has a little bit sweetness and just the right temperature to let me gulp it down without burning my mouth and throat.
Instant coffee and 3-in-1 is only for those days when there is no other alternative.

3 hours ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

Why would anyone drink this stuff?

Exactly! why? beyond me, same with all the acidic sugary people think they "must" have. No wonder there are so many fat unhealthy people around ????

While I certainly prefer fresh brewed real coffee, sometimes instant can be a life saver ????. I have tried a lot of different ones, and the winner so far is the Starbucks instant series - especially the Columbian one. I have a few other favorites but they are hard to find, even online (if expect shipping to Thailand). Cheers!

That was about time , I always wondered why 3-in-1 was so popular here, loaded with 50% sugar.  So many cases of diabetes here , finally they try to learn sugar is bad for you.  
But I'm not sure it will help much. Just walk into any supermarket here and the selection of sugary drinks is like 90%, not so many options without sugar. 

Archived