BANGKOK 24 May 2019 20:28
webfact

Nescafé outlays Bt200 million to expand its Americano range with new Zero Sugar variant

Nescafé outlays Bt200 million to expand its Americano range with new Zero Sugar variant

By The Nation

767b6e3ee4fcba18e589f2d49bd1619d.jpeg

Nescafé, Thailand’s No-1 coffee brand, is expanding the black coffee-mix market segment by investing Bt200 million to drive its Nescafé Americano range, with the launch of a new no-sugar variant called Nescafé Americano Zero Sugar – under the concept “0% Sugar with a Pure Intense Coffee Taste”.

Responding to the trend among the new generation of coffee lovers to drink black and iced coffee, the new variant is Thailand’s first café-style zero-sugar black coffee mix, offering the full taste and aroma of finely ground roasted Arabica coffee with no sweetness and only five calories. 

Certified with the “Healthier Choice Logo, it’s a cold soluble coffee that is easy to prepare and great when served either iced or hot, according to the maker. 

Nescafé Americano has also introduced Thanapob “Tor” Leeratanakajorn as its brand ambassador to reinforce the brand as the “coolest black drink for the new generation”.

The Thai bcoffee-mix market, valued at Bt16.2 billion, grew 5.1 per cent last year. 

Nescafé established the two-in-one category when it launched Nescafé Americano in March last year. 

It has been tremendously successful, receiving great feedback from the new generation of coffee drinkers, with 71 per cent of Nescafé Americano consumers aged 20 to 39, the company said. 

The Americano and black coffee trend is also showing strong growth in other models. 

At NESCAFÉ HUB@Chidlom, Iced Americano is the second best-selling beverage, while Nitro Americano is in fourth place. 

For Nescafé Dolce Gusto, black coffee is the best-selling beverage with growth of over 31 per cent.

Victor Seah, chairman and chief executive officer of Nestlé Indochina, said on Tuesday: “Following the great response to Nescafé Americano, I am pleased that we are celebrating the launch of new Nescafé Americano Zero Sugar. It’s the coolest black drink with no sugar that meets Thai coffee lovers’ evolving preference for healthier black coffee ... This product innovation is our latest SKU to be certified with the Healthier Choice Logo. 

“It strengthens Nestlé’s position as the leading food and beverage company, with 48 SKUs certified with the Healthier Choice Logo, the highest number for any company in our category.”

Naritta Vipulyasekha, business manager – Nescafé Coffee Mixes; Nestlé (Thai), said: “Innovative new Nescafé Americano Zero Sugar is the result of our understanding the changing needs of the new generation of coffee drinkers who want a healthier choice for black and iced coffee. Based on our social listening, we discovered that there is consumer demand for Americano coffee that is not sweet and does not contain any sugar.”

Brand ambassador “Tor” Thanapob will convey the product concept of Nescafé Americano through a new commercial entitled “Cool You Down,” which airs from today on leading TV stations and digital platforms.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30367451

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-04-10
  • Like 1

Being a person of 'no colour' I find the descriptions of their product to be rascist.

Aside from all that sjw nonsense, I wish I could find a decent instant coffee. Gave up drinking Nescaff a long time ago- doubt this is any better, if the have samples available from the white trousered ladies in Tesco, I might try some.

• Haha 2

I used to drink the cans of iced coffee with milk every day but I found they were loaded with sugar so I stopped drinking them.

That was maybe 5 or 6 years ago.

Is there a brand of the small ring pull 'tins' that uses aspartame (my favourite of all the aftificial sweeteners) instead of sugar available in Thailand ?

One question that often come up when people are visiting Thailand is: where are all the suger free mixers for alcoholic drinks? Apart from Coke / Pepsi there doesn't appear to be any. WHY?

For example my mother is a type 1 diabetic and she drinks zero carb drinks which means Vodka Coke Zero is her only choice, everything else is loaded with carbs (sugar is a run of the mill carb).

I believe the Thais in my mothers situation just continue which is why leads to serious health issues.....

16 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Is there a brand of the small ring pull 'tins' that uses aspartame (my favourite of all the aftificial sweeteners) instead of sugar available in Thailand ?

There was one brand in a glass bottle for 18 baht at Foodland on Suk Soi 16 that had 3 or 4 varieties advertised as "no sugar".  I'm sure it's widely available, but not in the tin cans....

Not a bad caffeine delivery system.  I wish I recalled the brand, but I'm back in the USA.

• Like 1

When will this company start using real coffee in their products.

The rubbish that is offered is more like the left overs swept up off the floor  :bah:

Posted (edited)

Its instant coffee, not real coffee. Lipstick on a pig.

People need to start boycotting this crap and accepting it as real coffee.

Instant coffee is for people who are on the space station, they reconstitute their dried meals and their dried coffee.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 1

getting old... red the article but what is the substitute ?

all the 2-in-1 or 3-in-1 is as good as poison

very little and low grade coffee (and twigs, yes, they use it, most of the cheap coffees)

coffee creamer that is TRANS FAT, so low amount per stick that they can magically pretend it is not there

and normally a s.hitload of sugar 50+ percent, but in this case, replaced by what ?

sucralose or some other liver dangerous product

ok, it is thailand and for thai people so, blinders on, drink and don't think

Instant coffee is not coffee. Period. :bah:

Nescafé is owned by Nestle, headquartered in Switzerland. Their market cap is approximately USD $300,000,000. It would appear their R&D and marketing departments may know something you missed during your in depth analysis.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Haha 1