EU to agree Brexit delay but France pushes for conditions

webfact

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Who now cares a flying where this shambles ends up the rich will survive intact but just more stupid looking whilst the poor form an orderly queue at the food bank????

They might survive intact, but I wonder how many of them have positions on shorting the Pound and are becoming somewhat anxious?

Me an mep..as I call a spade sometimes a shovel..I don't think I would fit in with the " ode to joy " mob....as I'd be BLASTING OUT RULE BRITANNIA[emoji6]

That is an interesting concept you have that you considered the EU to be fanatical and unelected yet you are proposing, by inference, given the opportunity, you would condone special forces to assasinate them.  A novel approach to your understanding of democracy I must admit.  Love to see how your proposal ganders support on TV, If sufficient perhaps you would consider standing as an MEP

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

29 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Well I thought it was put to bed permanently in 1975 when I voted to remain in the EEC along with 68% of the population but time moves on, promises are not kept, and politicians for their own gain manipulate the system.

That's the thing with democracy after 41 years the people were given another chance and changed their minds.

24 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

By showing our British friends our patience, politeness and partnership, standing by their side even while they’re going through this difficult time, giving them time to figure things out themselves rather than forcing them into anything, we are exercising true European values and statesmanship. The whole world and our friends in the UK can see now who the real bullies are, and this will go a long way. I’ve said it before, the majority of the people is decent men of the middle. Lies, insults and threats of arson does not go down well with them. It only works with the Tommy Robinson type of losers of society. Everyone else is disgusted by such behavior; it will further alienate them.

Using one person to justify your argument that leavers are bullies is ridiculous. Not only on here just look on the biased media it is the remainers who scream, shout, throw insults at leavers overall.

You seem to generalising one person with all leavers. you are wrong.

26 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Whatever the technical end state will be, a customs union, a hard Brexit, no Brexit at all — this is already the death of Brexit as an idea.

This is were you are delusional. do you think leaving the EU was an idea, dreamed over night. You can't be British if you believe that for one minute. Yes the UK was lied to joining the ECE as all the evidence is their and is common knowledge.

It would seem you need the comfort of the EU. That is fine that's your idea. The UK had a different one and that's why 17.4 million voted to leave. if you think the UK people are going to sit back and pretend all is back to normal then you have no understanding of the British.

30 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Having been built on lies and insults in the first place, by turning to threats of arson it has lost it last bit of credibility and respect

You need to stop reading the Independent and Guardian newspapers as you keep trying to justify people voting to leave with this P poor reasoning.

3 minutes ago, evadgib said:

A fairly quiet morning so far...

I am sure that European countries are quaking in their boots at the thought of Brexiteers refusing to vacation there and buying more expensive goods from elsewhere.

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Absolutely shameful.

One good thing from this whole debacle is that the British Electorate has learnt exactly what the political class thinks of them. There will be a huge price for this, there is no way the British electorate will just "let it go". This paves the way for years of divisiveness. Every Leaver I know believes in Leave more vehemently than ever having seen the way the EU and our own politicians have conspired to thwart the democratic result.

I'd favour a GE now, give the electorate the chance to show what they think of the Charlatans in the House of Commons that have shown themselves to be devious, duplicitous and utterly incompetent. 

Nobody cares what the plebs think, never have done, you are good for 'over the top' and paying taxes, nothing will change with or without brexit.

1 hour ago, geoffbezoz said:

Completely shambolic situation. Would think that the EU would be only too glad to get rid of those far right morons like Rees-Mogg who now publicaly suggest that British MEPs should be obstructive  at the EU parliament.

Guess it won't happen but the EU should act very clearly and agree today and instruct the UK that they either leave on Friday or they revoke article 50. No other options and that is something the EU could legally instruct the UK to do. Then we will see a decisive vote in the UK parliament Thursday to revoke Article 50, followed by a General Election that will rid the country of many of current loathsome MPs and eventually see a new referendum where the public would be far better informed of the consequences of stay or leave in order to make their decision.

In the meantime hopefully the EU will pass legislation so that no country can leave the EU in future without 2/3 rds majority of the EU members to ensure the Euro and other country's currencies are not hammered again, as has happened now, through the actions of far right despots in any country.

"Guess it won't happen but the EU should act very clearly and agree today and instruct the UK that they either leave on Friday or they revoke article 50."

I agree with this part of your post as it would force MPs to be honest about where they stand, and the electorate deserve this info.  It should also be made clear that a GE will immediately follow the MPs vote, which will concentrate their minds wonderfully ????.

3 hours ago, JAG said:

What will amount to an indefinite extension, without any effective presence or powers at the decision making table. The UK will be reduced more or less to "Brussels' bitch".

Talking of which May, why don't you just go, heavens, even the risk of ending up with Sinn Fein's bagman Corbyn would probably be preferable to your mealy mouthed, deceitful, devious, pathetic incompetence. You have utterly, spectacularly <deleted> it up beyond anyone's wildest dreams. Just go for heavens sake.!

Come on JAG , why don't you say what you really feel and stop mincing your words ? ????

Just now, Benroon said:

There you go again 'the UK people' - whereas what you actually mean is 17.4 million people as opposed to 43 million odd people who either disagreed or don't give a rats arse !!

As for 'generalising one person' and using 'one person to justify your argument' hmmmm I give you George Osbourne! You've bought him once or twice.

The next general election will be the same ol same old - Brexit in whatever form it ends in will be a distant memory and the vast majority of people will be voting Tory or Labour with a few tattooed, pit bull owning, probation dodging, sovereign ring laden lager drinkers registering a protest vote for Farage.

I don't know anyone away from here that attaches any more importance to Brexit than they do to the cost of Brown Sauce (which is actually a bigger scandal). 

You need another hobby

Time to go for another swim and chill. If you don't like my posts then don't read them, as you may not know, they are not compulsory.

If you do not know anyone away from TVF that doesn't attach important to Brexit, then this truly shows you are really 'Billy No Mates"

Brexageddon rant    (copy pasted comment from Telegraph comments ):thumbsup:

Steam Buff 10 Apr 2019 4:17AM

End Game. All the Brexiteer promises have evaporated. The EU27 will offer a long extension, May will accept, the Cabinet will refuse, the economy will hit free-fall, by Saturday May will invoke Crown perogative, return to Brussels and revoke Article 50. By Sunday she will resign. By Monday we will be back in EU, Government will fall and we will have Corbyn Government by June. Because Tories say elections are divisive the Dear Leader will promise never to have another one.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/04/09/philip-hammond-suggests-mps-could-revoke-article-50-prevent/#comments

5 hours ago, webfact said:

In London, British Solicitor General Robert Buckland said May would "listen carefully" to any constructive suggestions made by the EU on the length of the extension. He conceded that the government might not have managed to ratify an exit deal in parliament before European elections are held on May 23-26.

Tough !

if EU allows a member, that wants to go out but procrastinates, to vote new members in the Parliament I would call that an un-wise decision. I say: No Vote from the moment the decision was made, latest from the agreed first Exit Date.

it sounds like a Girl-Friend that told you to bugger off and you agreed.
but nevertheless, since she cannot find a better place, you have to let her rule the roast in yours.

What would you do? I'd say: No, not done, bugger off, unless she has some very big advantages. 
Having said that, in the BREXIT question a U-turn would probably be better.

Considering that, and also in view of Haseltine's comment that it is extremely unfair that the older generation who in majority voted Yes, through the vote imposed an Exit, most likely for the worse, that will influence the life of the younger generation that in majority voted against but will have to live with it.

just some thoughts, don't shoot the messenger ????

5 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Tory or Labour with a few tattooed, pit bull owning, probation dodging, sovereign ring laden lager drinkers registering a protest vote for Farage.

I actually apologised to you the other day, as I used a term with lamps and streets in it, as I felt that it was unjust.

I was warned that you make much more rude comments. I guess they were correct.

4 minutes ago, david555 said:

Brexageddon rant    (copy pasted comment from Telegraph comments ):thumbsup:

End Game. All the Brexiteer promises have evaporated. The EU27 will offer a long extension, May will accept, the Cabinet will refuse, the economy will hit free-fall, by Saturday May will invoke Crown perogative, return to Brussels and revoke Article 50. By Sunday she will resign. By Monday we will be back in EU, Government will fall and we will have Corbyn Government by June. Because Tories say elections are divisive the Dear Leader will promise never to have another one.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/04/09/philip-hammond-suggests-mps-could-revoke-article-50-prevent/#comments

That was an interesting fairy tale. I assume it is a remainers wet dream.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

May, the weakest British prime minister in a generation,

The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

And also a disgrace to the female race. Great ladies such as Margaret Thatcher,  Queen Elizabeth I and Queen Victoria; also Mrs Pankhurst and even Mrs Merkel and others let down by this weak-willed woman.

Promised to bring "strong leadership and positive vision" to the country. What a load of codswallop.

I think Pauline Hanson would have more leadership qualities than this woman.

Despite her words, she had no intention of fulfilling the wishes of the majority of the referendum. 

May she always be remembered as a saboteuse.

Perhaps you also need another one also

There you go again 'the UK people' - whereas what you actually mean is 17.4 million people as opposed to 43 million odd people who either disagreed or don't give a rats arse !!

As for 'generalising one person' and using 'one person to justify your argument' attacks - hmmmm I give you George Osbourne! You've mentioned him once or twice.

The next general election will be the same ol same old - Brexit in whatever form it ends in will be a distant memory and the vast majority of people will be voting Tory or Labour with a few tattooed, pit bull owning, probation dodging, sovereign ring laden lager drinkers registering a protest vote for Farage.

I don't know anyone away from here that attaches any more importance to Brexit than they do to the cost of Brown Sauce (which is actually a bigger scandal). 

You need another hobby

40 minutes ago, baboon said:

All well and good, but which Tory MP would want to inherit the whole shitshow when they can simply carp from the safety of the sidelines and throw May under the bus later on? I mean, sod the country, political careers are at stake, here!

Exactly and it is a disgrace that she has not been reeled in yet . We can all see the damage that she has done and continues to do by possibly having another years extension and all of the uncertainty that goes with it . Nightmare for some businesses and will tip the scales for some to leave the UK .

How can her cabinet , tory party and all within the HOCs allow this farce to continue . Making the UK a laughing stock .  Is there not a strong candidate to come to the fore and sort this mess out . Someone to say enough is enough and take the UK out of the crumbling EU .  Surprised there has not been an online petition from the British public who apart from elections ( from what they are worth ) have no means of protesting government actions .

As you say , political careers are more important but I believe that those in the background are equally guilty by association , gutless MPs .

Brexageddon rant    (copy pasted comment from Telegraph comments )[emoji106]

No chance that t may will revoke article 50..

Benroon..is your home country one if the eu subsidy junkie countries by any chance.
I ask this as you seem to like to attempt to badmouth BRITISH people.!!!

As for 'generalising one person' and using 'one person to justify your argument' attacks - hmmmm I give you George Osbourne! You've mentioned him once or twice.

You need another hobby

40 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Using one person to justify your argument that leavers are bullies is ridiculous. (...) You need to stop reading the Independent and Guardian newspapers as you keep trying to justify people voting to leave with this P poor reasoning.

Following the tweets and blogs of Jacob Rees-Mogg, Nigel Farage, Marc Francois, leave.eu and so on provides a very clear picture of the bully boys Brexit consists of, thank you. 

8 minutes ago, superal said:

Exactly and it is a disgrace that she has not been reeled in yet . We can all see the damage that she has done and continues to do by possibly having another years extension and all of the uncertainty that goes with it . Nightmare for some businesses and will tip the scales for some to leave the UK .

How can her cabinet , tory party and all within the HOCs allow this farce to continue . Making the UK a laughing stock .  Is there not a strong candidate to come to the fore and sort this mess out . Someone to say enough is enough and take the UK out of the crumbling EU .  Surprised there has not been an online petition from the British public who apart from elections ( from what they are worth ) have no means of protesting government actions .

As you say , political careers are more important but I believe that those in the background are equally guilty by association , gutless MPs .

"Is there not a strong candidate to come to the fore and sort this mess out . Someone to say enough is enough and take the UK out of the crumbling EU ."

Of course there isn't - they are POLITICIANS - only interested in their own wealth and power ☹️.

30 minutes ago, Benroon said:

You need another hobby

...which amply explains why compulsory participation, PR etc will be the long term after effect of Parliaments betrayal.

3 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Following the tweets and blogs of Jacob Rees-Mogg, Nigel Farage, Marc Francois, leave.eu and so on provides a very clear picture of the bully boys Brexit consists of, thank you. 

You've got to be kidding.

So the tweets of one side proof that the other side is bullying.

42 minutes ago, Benroon said:

The next general election will be the same ol same old - Brexit in whatever form it ends in will be a distant memory and the vast majority of people will be voting Tory or Labour 

That's where I think you're dead wrong, public confidence in BOTH parties has fallen through the floor, with many people stating they will never vote for their chosen party ever again after this utter mess and treachery. It is easy to see why too. We've watched with incredulity (but, perhaps, not totally unsurprised) as both Tories and Labourites have blithely disregarded the majority of the electorate's wishes and the democratic mandate handed to them, by dithering, delaying and outright sabotaging our ability to Brexit from day one.

Both Corbyn and May and many of their cohorts have done their best to undermine the nation's ability to actually leave and initially go to the table with what should have been a strong position. TM undoubtedly had a difficult task and one that seemingly few others wanted, but she has simply been abominable at her job, making u-turn after u-turn and coming back with empty promises and meaningless 'guarantees' to placate an ever-angrier and more divided public. You only need look at the difference between her current stance and the one laid out in her Lancaster house speech to tell you all you need to know about her and that subversive little knave Ollie Robbins, to my mind justifying the suggestions that they are there simply to frustrate Brexit and create the weakest, least meaningful version of it as possible. Corbyn and the Labour party aren't any better either. Only a few months ago you had a majority of the shadow cabinet stating 'Brexit will mean Brexit under labour etc. etc.' and now only a few weeks down the line JC and his motley crew are pushing for ever closer union after leaving, and even this act in the first place is not something the careerist labourites are in favour of, advocating remaining part of the CU and having a 'diluted' version of SM access and all the disadvantages that go with it - ALL of which being expressly against the wishes of the voting majority / the referendum result. Shameful doesn't begin to cover it.

As for 'generalising one person' and using 'one person to justify your argument' attacks

with a few tattooed, pit bull owning, probation dodging, sovereign ring laden lager drinkers registering a protest vote for Farage.

Ahem...  pot, kettle! Sadly this kind of generalised comment typifies the average Remainer's, or just generally uninformed person's view, of the 17.4 million people that voted to Leave. People that had and still have wholly justified concerns about the EU and our continued membership of it - many of whom are educated, informed and reasonable people with a firmly rationalised advocacy of leaving this failing superstate.

Archived