EU to agree Brexit delay but France pushes for conditions

webfact

2 hours ago, evadgib said:

A fairly quiet morning so far...

20 spoon pubs are closing down maybe 'Champion of the Poor' Tim should go back to doing what he does best running cheap pubs for the masses rather than grandstanding on things he knows little about. At least the other great 'patriot' Dyson has peed off to Singapore and doesn't seem to gob off about Brexit anymore. 

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Loiner said:

The Beano was visionary. Walter is the epitome of a Snowflake Remainer. Even the senior politicians have no spine, either in public life or the HP. Certainly not when dealing with those bigger boys over the channel.

Agreed and of course Lord Snooty is a shoo-in....

image.jpeg.52f3738b53168789c3bb73bc7b85293f.jpeg

3 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

No wouldn't mind their money or exchange rate though - Thailand must be beyond cheap to the average Swiss. 

They had ten national referendums last year, a country where the people have a real say.

1 hour ago, david555 said:

Brexageddon rant    (copy pasted comment from Telegraph comments ):thumbsup:

Steam Buff 10 Apr 2019 4:17AM

End Game. All the Brexiteer promises have evaporated. The EU27 will offer a long extension, May will accept, the Cabinet will refuse, the economy will hit free-fall, by Saturday May will invoke Crown perogative, return to Brussels and revoke Article 50. By Sunday she will resign. By Monday we will be back in EU, Government will fall and we will have Corbyn Government by June. Because Tories say elections are divisive the Dear Leader will promise never to have another one.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/04/09/philip-hammond-suggests-mps-could-revoke-article-50-prevent/#comments

So many good things in one paragraph - nearly time to crack out the EU duty paid Prosecco....watching 'disgusted of Tunbridge Wells' have apoplexy and destroy the tories almost makes all the hassle worthwhile....almost but not quite. 

2 minutes ago, Basil B said:

They had ten national referendums last year, a country where the people have a real say.

It must be all that secret Nazi gold that they still have...met a youngish Swiss chap once on Ko Chang and his company had given him a six-month sabbatical paid to do what he wanted and his salary was the equivalent of £35k so he was swanning around Asia before going back to his job. The British elites have really screwed the British working classes and that's why they are hurting , nothing to do with the EU.

9 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

What May will do is anybody's guess - there are no more red lines. Brexit means Brexit crap...

May has 3 options: accept whatever the EU offers today (or whenever their meeting finishes), No_Deal Brexit, or Revoke Article 50.

Given that the lasts meeting as I recall May spoke for 90 minutes, and they deliberated for 9 hours, I expect  this on to go on longer, with her waiting outside and being called back in for clarification from time to time. plenty of time to read "War and Peace".

23 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

20 spoon pubs are closing down maybe 'Champion of the Poor' Tim should go back to doing what he does best running cheap pubs for the masses rather than grandstanding on things he knows little about. At least the other great 'patriot' Dyson has peed off to Singapore and doesn't seem to gob off about Brexit anymore. 

...how about his post?

21 minutes ago, Basil B said:

May has 3 options: accept whatever the EU offers today (or whenever their meeting finishes), No_Deal Brexit, or Revoke Article 50.

Given that the lasts meeting as I recall May spoke for 90 minutes, and they deliberated for 9 hours, I expect  this on to go on longer, with her waiting outside and being called back in for clarification from time to time. plenty of time to read "War and Peace".

And I'm betting that may will go for the first option ????!

1 hour ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Not sure what you mean. Their tweets and blogs prove that they are bully boys. The fine gentleman of North East Somerset is finally showing the true colors hiding behind his perfect British accent: a little terrorist who threatens with arson if things don’t go his way. It’ll be the final in the Brexit coffin. Other than the Tommy Robinsons, decent people will not want to be associated with such behavior. 

Not sure what you mean. The bullies are the EU. They don't like it when someone wants to leave their mess.

5 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Not sure what you mean. The bullies are the EU. They don't like it when someone wants to leave their mess.

We can see now who the true bullies are. Who’s threatening to sabotage the EU from inside again, throwing insults and lies? And who’s treating the UK with patience, not pressuring it into anything but letting it decide itself — even though the UK has decided to leave? Proud that Europe is taking the moral high ground, and everyone, including our British friends, can see now what people Jacob and his bully boys are. 

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

Rees-Mogg is the ultra right wing typical bully. He'll neuter you financially and then squeeze you back into place. And if you don't go quietly he'll pay others to make sure you do.

WW1 staff officer mentality: we've got to make sacrifices and accept the daily casualty rates. As long as it's not the better people of course.

Slight problem here  "As long as it's not the better people of course.". The reality was that officers - particularly junior ones_ had a much shorter life expectancy than the regular soldiers. The upper classes were more than willing to sacrifice their own sons for "King and Country". The whole thing was a total sh#tfest of course, but facts is facts.

1 hour ago, Basil B said:

One recent mind change has been the conception that a bully is big muscular person who uses their fists to get their own way, now it is accepted there are many ways of bullying and RJM banging on May's door saying "do as I say or our gang is going to trash your beloved Tory Party" is one,

Big problem here for Brexiteer TV posters, If you love JRM because you support his views, you are  either a toff JRM supporter, and you share his views because, like him you are privileged and "intelligent"; or you went to a state school, are thick as potted plants (Two short planks as we say), and worship someone who despises you. 

jrm.jpg

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

If you make a decision, that proves to be folly, impossible to implement, and likely to harm yourself far more than benefit, do you keep pushing on stubbornly and relentlessly? 

I have to say what a ridiculous statement of impossible to implement. It just needs politicians and a PM to do it.

Like having a cancerous growth on your body. It is best to remove it, as it spreads and poisons the rest of you. Possibly you could have a small wound but it heals. That's the EU by the way.

3 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Big problem here for Brexiteer TV posters, If you love JRM because you support his views, you are  either a toff JRM supporter, and you share his views because, like him you are privileged and "intelligent"; or you went to a state school, are thick as potted plants (Two short planks as we say), and worship someone who despises you. 

jrm.jpg

You really do like to categorise people into small sections and label them.  you are  wrong on all levels. Have you ever thought that people like JRM because they think he talks sense. I understand you possibly couldn't

5 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

jrm.jpg

Big problem for remainers has always been that they love creating malicious fiction.

13 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Slight problem here  "As long as it's not the better people of course.". The reality was that officers - particularly junior ones_ had a much shorter life expectancy than the regular soldiers. The upper classes were more than willing to sacrifice their own sons for "King and Country". The whole thing was a total sh#tfest of course, but facts is facts.

jrm.jpg

I  for one admire his brass-necked gall - he plays his hand brilliantly and is enormously wealthy. Why some foolish sections of the working class like him is more fool them as he cares not a jot for their long term interests. Wake up sheeple it's not George Soros you need to be worried about ....

I  for one admire his brass-necked gall - he plays his hand brilliantly and is enormously wealthy. Why some foolish sections of the working class like him is more fool them as he cares not a jot for their long term interests. Wake up sheeple it's not George Soros you need to be worried about ....

TVF Remainers seem to be only interested in their own pockets, hit by falling exchange rates. Has it ever occurred to any of them that some people may have altruistic and patriotic reasons for Leaving.
How do you know JRM cares not a jot - has he told you? Maybe he so enormously wealthy that he has no need of the EU gravy train. Parliament used to be populated with members doing the right thing for the country and the population. Too few of those types for many a year now.

53 minutes ago, Loiner said:

TVF Remainers seem to be only interested in their own pockets, hit by falling exchange rates. Has it ever occurred to any of them that some people may have altruistic and patriotic reasons for Leaving.
How do you know JRM cares not a jot - has he told you? Maybe he so enormously wealthy that he has no need of the EU gravy train. Parliament used to be populated with members doing the right thing for the country and the population. Too few of those types for many a year now.

Quite right. It's simply easier for people who dislike someone for their politics to try and character-assassinate them with ad-hominem attacks and spreading of misinformation than it is to combat their arguments, in the case of JRM he is one of the best speakers/debaters in politics - full stop. Very intelligent, informed, logical and fair minded from everything I have heard, so those who dislike him for whatever reason would struggle to out-think or out-argue him that's for sure, far easier to make snide remarks and cliched assumptions.

It's very clear that the 'modern left', particularly, only care about politics; race, class, nationailty, religion - they're always secondary. The rhetoric typically goes - 'if you don't agree with my opinions and my politics then you're a subversive and ignorant _________ (insert insulting label)'. This is what we keep seeing, it's become totally predictable. Reaction to JRM is no different. Personally, I'd need to hear/see unequivocal proof of him sneering at the masses before I change my opinion of him even slightly... the same requisite is of course unneccessary with the likes of Emily Thornberry, Diane Flabbott and David Lammy among others - who show their utter contempt for the average Briton all too often and all too openly.

On the contrary, I have heard a few different accounts from people online and on the radio that he (JRM) and his sister are decent and courteous people who have gone out of their way to be accommodating and polite/helpful while out on campaign and in surgery - okay this is anecdotal, but I doubt many different individuals would make such things up for seemingly no personal gain. Worth remembering JRM is also VERY popular among his constituents in N.Somerset too, so that is usually a tell. 

He's an eccentric, he comes from wealth and he's a bit of a toff - OK, not exactly a proloteriat everyman hero, BUT, that doesn't mean he isn't a decent, fair and trustworthy patriot does it!? At the end of the day, even though he is worlds away from myself and my background, I know who I'd rather have heading up our government and who I'd trust to do the right thing and make a better job of this mess

My former MP was an excellent man re listening and working for his constituents.
He also every year had an " agm "..where any constituent could ask him anything and he replied.
NO PRE ARRANGED QUESTIONS !!!!
Normally it lasted 3 hours..till the council building janitor kicked everyone out.[emoji23]

Was that during the time when King Arthur pulled a sword out of a stone?

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

In related news, British Prime Minister Angela Merkel huddled for talks with the UK Foreign Minister, Emmanuel Macron, in order to determine just how much more tax revenue they would be requiring from UK citizens to fund the building of their new Eurocapital, Germania. 

18 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Not true there are many reasons to want to remain - two European world wars would be at the top of my list. All Brexiteers must take a long hard look at their views now - your previously erstwhile ally Peter Oborne has summed it up nicely. He has had the courage to say he was wrong to plough on, unreconstructed with Brexit at all costs. I don't need JRM to tell me - he moved his hedge fund to Dublin well in advance of any Brexit  - that tells me all I need to know. 

I was a strong Brexiteer. Now we must swallow our pride and think again

The economic arguments for Brexit have been destroyed by a series of shattering blows

Britain’s departure from the EU will be as great a disaster for our country as the over-mighty unions were in the 1960s and 1970s

When hedge-fund managers and the Communist Party see eye-to-eye on any question, it’s time to be concerned

The European Union is not a dictatorship

The UK will be weaker and more isolated

Like almost everybody else I underestimated the importance of the Good Friday Agreement

Phrases such as 'vassal state', 'empire' and 'supplicant' do not even remotely characterise our relation with Europe

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/opendemocracyuk/i-was-strong-brexiteer-now-we-must-swallow-our-pride-and-think-again/

Archived