EU to agree Brexit delay but France pushes for conditions

webfact

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Keep doffing that cap lads - JRM would quite like a vassal state as long as it's in his and his Eton ruling classes control. 

Image result for jacob rees mogg quotes

Related image

image.jpeg.0c9ae4dcc1a9a12e16a9f35454420eb0.jpegImage result for jacob rees mogg qoutes

???? Doffing what cap exactly? Just another figment of your clearly over-active imagination I fear!

I'll take one guess as to which paper these caustic excerpts came from. ????

So you can provide old articles that poke fun at the man, but can you provide any evidence substantiating the more scathing accusations???

He is from another world to most of us, he has lived a life of luxury & he's had certain advantages - undoubtedly! But is he the unscrupulous, machiavellian chinless wonder you opine he is? I think not.

More importantly - does he speak sense, have a solid understanding of the issues at the heart of Brexit and does he represent the thoughts & feelings of his constituents and a large part of the public? I'd say yes. Does he have a better understanding of the way the corrupt and undemocratic EU and our own hihgly venal and self-serving parliament operate? I'd say yes.

Just because you come from money and went to a posh school / university doesn't intrinsically mean you're an enemy of the working man. Anyway if you want to point fingers, the exact same comments could be said of people like that uber-shill  / former leader of the Labour party Tony B.Liar!

59 minutes ago, vinniekintana said:

Option 2 (No-deal Brexit) was taken off the table by Parliament a few days ago.

It nonetheless remains (no pun intended) the default position if May doesn't get anywhere by Friday.

39 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Keep up the good work lads I've waited my whole lifetime to see the Conservatives destroyed - hopefully this Brexit farce will splinter and destroy it's ranks.  Where I'm from 'oop North they may have liked Brexit but they love Jezza. Vive La Revolution !

D3NuMYBW0AAXE-A.jpg

Image result for comrade corbyn

Jezza..sure way to bankrupt the country..but wait..plenty back stabbing labour mp's await their P45's.
Beware the Brexit Party and Ukip!!!

Keep up the good work lads I've waited my whole lifetime to see the Conservatives destroyed - hopefully this Brexit farce will splinter and destroy it's ranks.  Where I'm from 'oop North they may have liked Brexit but they love Jezza. Vive La Revolution !

D3NuMYBW0AAXE-A.jpg&key=8d5ab51f557dcbb726622fdac83c425a1197f4bd068945265b640bfc4cdb9568

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxgzBHMz4gm78n_ujJIR6hg1RNnrVb47iQEizmZ6Fh7zTvBB_S&key=220ef1f5804a55827386e4b769689734fe09da651893ea4b4f03317717bc75c6

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Behave yourself..religion should not play any part in politics.
Just imagine this scenario
as mp's of the future in the haunted house of spivs down london way.

50 roman catholic " ultras "
50 protestant " ultras "
50 jewish " ultras "
50 islamic " ultras "
50 wee free " ultras "..n/w scotland
So on..so forth.

It would be both a laugh and very dangerous for the UK population.

Little scenario..a wee free mp says to an islamic mp..com'mon and have a chat in the members bar..it's happy hour time.emoji6.png

I agree with you (For a change) and I can imagine the Islamic MP inviting the wee free MP to play on the swings on Sunday.

Religion should play no part in politics, separation of church and state is an absolute. Individual MPs may have their personal beliefs - they could be flat earthers- but no one should be allowed to stand on a religious ticket.

PR gets my vote, but, as has proved effective in many countries, there should be a minimum number/percentage of votes needed to qualify for representation. That should keep out most of the total loonies, the HOC is supposed to be there to do a job of work, not merely supply entertainment (No one would believe that at the moment). This would mean someone like me having to accept UKIP MPs, which I would find very hard, but the principle is right.

We are now at the Brexit stage we were when we started. If we had been more mature IMHO we would have looked for compromise at the start, instead of now, years later.

It wasn't reasonable with a relatively narrow majority to instigate a winner takes all program in my opinion. It has proved totally socially divisive. Because of this inflexibility Brexiteers may end up loosing their Brexit dream altogether. It is perfectly reasonable to say that this wouldn't be fair to them, but many many people in the UK now see their economic future under threat, and recon half a loaf is better than nae bread.

It would be a good idea if ardent Brexiteers did at least accept that a no deal exit was going to have a major economic impact. If we remain in denial about this it is hard to have a rational discussion.

Well now..it depends who you believe..the architects if project fear b4 the ref. ...or the positive thinkers who want NO PART in a corrupt united states of europe.
Many different opinions re the eu..YOU KNOW MINE[emoji6]
If the Common Market had been the end game of the power hungry eu jobsworths..then fine.
But we all know their end game sadly.

I agree with you (For a change) and I can imagine the Islamic MP inviting the wee free MP to play on the swings on Sunday.
Religion should play no part in politics, separation of church and state is an absolute. Individual MPs may have their personal beliefs - they could be flat earthers- but no one should be allowed to stand on a religious ticket.
PR gets my vote, but, as has proved effective in many countries, there should be a minimum number/percentage of votes needed to qualify for representation. That should keep out most of the total loonies, the HOC is supposed to be there to do a job of work, not merely supply entertainment (No one would believe that at the moment). This would mean someone like me having to accept UKIP MPs, which I would find very hard, but the principle is right.

We are now at the Brexit stage we were when we started. If we had been more mature IMHO we would have looked for compromise at the start, instead of now, years later.
 It wasn't reasonable with a relatively narrow majority to instigate a winner takes all program in my opinion. It has proved totally socially divisive. Because of this inflexibility Brexiteers may end up loosing their Brexit dream altogether. It is perfectly reasonable to say that this wouldn't be fair to them, but many many people in the UK now see their economic future under threat, and recon half a loaf is better than nae bread.

It would be a good idea if ardent Brexiteers did at least accept that a no deal exit was going to have a major economic impact. If we remain in denial about this it is hard to have a rational discussion.

8 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Jezza..sure way to bankrupt the country..but wait..plenty back stabbing labour mp's await their P45's.

The country IS bankrupt and it wasn't down to Corbyn. What d' you think this austerity is all about?

12 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Well now..it depends who you believe..the architects if project fear b4 the ref. ...or the positive thinkers who want NO PART in a corrupt united states of europe.
Many different opinions re the eu..YOU KNOW MINEemoji6.png
If the Common Market had been the end game of the power hungry eu jobsworths..then fine.
But we all know their end game sadly.

Now, stop. The brexiteers are the positive thinkers? ROFL

11 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Tidying up the financial shambles that a certain gordon brown left the country in..

43 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Like the Leave March before I won't hold my breath.....

D3vpy9DX4AEECPN.jpg

20 minutes ago, baboon said:

Always somebody else's fault, Steve. Always somebody else's fault...

The country voted to leave the EU, the remainers are throwing spanners in the works, the remainers have run the Brexit Show, the remainers don't believe in democracy, only when it suits them of course. The remainers don't mind how bad our country looks as long as they get their own way. It would be very difficult to point the finger in any other direction but the remainers.

Of course when I mention remainers I am referring to our wonderfull politicians in Mays Magic Mansion.

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

The country voted to leave the EU, the remainers are throwing spanners in the works, the remainers have run the Brexit Show, the remainers don't believe in democracy, only when it suits them of course. The remainers don't mind how bad our country looks as long as they get their own way. It would be very difficult to point the finger in any other direction but the remainers.

Of course when I mention remainers I am referring to our wonderfull politicians in Mays Magic Mansion.

Have you read Peter Oborne's thoughtful and careful volte-face as regards Brexit. He has said all that needs to be said and I note no Brexiteer here to my knowledge has done a rebuttal except to mouth slogans and platitudes. He fears the collapse of the WTO and with it the Brexiteers cunning plan. Sorry things are going your way but hey that's life. When the facts change then opinions should change. 

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/brexiteer-divulges-reasons-behind-change-heart/

Archived