EU to agree Brexit delay but France pushes for conditions

webfact

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Jezza..sure way to bankrupt the country..but wait..plenty back stabbing labour mp's await their P45's.
Beware the Brexit Party and Ukip!!!

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Brexit Party, UKIP, A ERG controlled Tory Party, come lets have more far right parties.:burp:

Nothing better to split the extremists votes in a antiquated FPTP system???? 

2 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Have you read Peter Oborne's thoughtful and careful volte-face as regards Brexit. He has said all that needs to be said and I note no Brexiteer here to my knowledge has done a rebuttal except to mouth slogans and platitudes. He fears the collapse of the WTO and with it the Brexiteers cunning plan. Sorry things are going your way but hey that's life. When the facts change then opinions should change. 

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/brexiteer-divulges-reasons-behind-change-heart/

The Fat Lady has yet to reach for the Listerine:

Do not fret b/b..we will take MANY with us..france, germany teetering into recession..italy, spain and portugal near basket cases with high unemployment..greece..big basket case.
All the eu subdidy junkie countries..where will their " giros " come from I wonder??
The german taxpayers will very quickly get pi€€ed off being thr brussels atm.
Next months mep elections will tell a BIG STORY.
I fully expect the afD, the national rally, eurosceptic parties of holland and italy to do very well.
Likes of hungary etc..well..not exactly eu luvy duvys are they..
All good spectator " sport " coming soon from brussels[emoji6][emoji23][emoji6]

anti-brexit-cartoons-profile.jpg.709f6d0704aa8b46f2bf1c3e02193998.jpg

21 minutes ago, evadgib said:

The Fat Lady has yet to reach for the Listerine:

On first glance it does not look a strong argument when taken alongside the EUWA.

However lets consider that it was successful , what remedies is the group hoping to achieve. The court could declare the actions unlawful , but that would not lead to the extension being declared void. How would the court enforce any remedies.

39 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

On first glance it does not look a strong argument when taken alongside the EUWA.

However lets consider that it was successful , what remedies is the group hoping to achieve. The court could declare the actions unlawful , but that would not lead to the extension being declared void. How would the court enforce any remedies.

We'll have left on 29th as per the original plan.

11 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

Well I thought it was put to bed permanently in 1975 when I voted to remain in the EEC along with 68% of the population but time moves on, promises are not kept, and politicians for their own gain manipulate the system. Consequently Cameron thought he would gain massive public support for himself and the conservative party by going for another referendum.  It all back fired . he went, TM fumbles around because no one wanted the job, and at the end of the day the UK is the laughing stock of the developed world.  Any referendum in my view must be legally binding to be implemented and to ensure fairness it must not be governed on a parliamentary or constituency basis. No more NI voted to stay or Scotland voted to stay.  Electronic polling, location of residency is irrelevant.  For clarity and assurance that rogue politicians do not proliferate again then perhaps any legally binding referendum must have a clear majority of say 15%.    Just saying

Well I also voted in 1975, when I was Lied to and Conned into beleiving we were joining a trading group called the EEC. If the tin pot dictators in Brussels had left it at that, then to day there would be no problem, and we would all be happy. Unfortunately they moved us into the hated E.u.

Come 2016 and the electorate were better informed, due mainly to the internet. The electorate then Democratically voted at the people’s referendum to leave this despised so called union. Since endorsed at the 2017 G.E when the people voted by 83% for parties that included in there manifesto a commitment to respect and implement the referendum. However for two very good reasons the Brussels Bureaucrats are not happy at our decision. One being that they rely heavily on our charitable contributions ££££ and secondly they are worried that the departure of the U.K may lead to other countries also wanting to leave. 

They have been able assisted in their endeavor to keep us shackled to their little Empire by T.May and the rest of the traitors in the House Of Collaborators.

F9AE24D5-5BA0-4502-B6A3-CA57F3670E4B.jpeg

51 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Did the U.K. EMP gave their badges and other stuff to E.U..? did they empty their offices ? 

BTW what are they still inside doing then as they left 29 march ….. oh so you are trespassing now   :shock1:...!

Come on get serious ….:cheesy: such a denial can give  serous mental problems maybe even "Brexitsyndromitis" :unsure:...better consult a physician before it get terminal.....OR  just get your H.O.C. delivering your so overwhelming result finalized , brexiterians …. just your own legislators making a joke of it ….. is not E.U. stopping you … your own M.P.'s are the obstructers 

25 minutes ago, evadgib said:

No you missed the boat...

Boothroyd: 'Nobody voted for this mess'

Former Commons speaker Betty Boothroyd speaks at a People's Vote rally and says "nobody voted for this mess".

"I blame the charlatans who peddled the falsehoods that [Brexit] would be easy. I wouldn't trust them to run my bath, let alone the country."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-47872635/people-s-vote-betty-boothroyd-says-nobody-voted-for-this-mess

Play the video, (warning, Brexiteers may find the content upsetting).

Oh my oh my …. seems the E.U. 'Macron like to make U.K. a castrated member in case long extension ….????

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/apr/10/uk-set-to-lose-european-commissioner-role-over-brexit-delay

UK risks losing European commissioner role over Brexit delay

Emmanuel Macron expected to demand Britain lose its seat on Brussels top table for first time since 1973

France is expected to demand the removal of the post of British European commissioner as a price for a long Brexit delay, leaving Britain without a seat at the top table of Brussels decision-making for the first time since 1973.

Senior EU sources say the French president, Emmanuel Macron, is likely to seek to entrench the UK’s reduced status in the EU at the leaders’ Brexit summit on Wednesday evening.

The British government will have to agree to losing its commissioner but it is unlikely the prime minister will put up a fight when she is presented with the terms of an extension.

BREXITEERS behold your betrayal! Sold down the river by Brexit means Brexit We are Leaving on March 29th May. We remainers salute her indefatigability!

UKIP or Brexit Party - vote now to let Jezza in.  Remain , Set and Match.  We Reamainers feel like you did on that glorious day over a 1000 days ago. As Charlie Sheen would say WINNNING! Conversely, you must feel like we did - sorry about that. Thank you, Theresa and our friends in the EU, for getting us over the line in the end. 

Please don't feed me I'm full to bursting already.....

“Bliss it was in that dawn to be alive
But to be young was very heaven.”

The two national leaders, both dressed in cobalt blue, appeared captivated by something on Mrs Merkel's iPad at the start of the meeting in Brussels

They then shared the joke with European Council president Donald Tusk, who saw the funny side. He has suggested that the UK face a Brexit delay of up to a year

7 hours ago, david555 said:

Oh my oh my …. seems the E.U. 'Macron like to make U.K. a castrated member in case long extension ….????

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/apr/10/uk-set-to-lose-european-commissioner-role-over-brexit-delay

UK risks losing European commissioner role over Brexit delay

Emmanuel Macron expected to demand Britain lose its seat on Brussels top table for first time since 1973

France is expected to demand the removal of the post of British European commissioner as a price for a long Brexit delay, leaving Britain without a seat at the top table of Brussels decision-making for the first time since 1973.

Senior EU sources say the French president, Emmanuel Macron, is likely to seek to entrench the UK’s reduced status in the EU at the leaders’ Brexit summit on Wednesday evening.

The British government will have to agree to losing its commissioner but it is unlikely the prime minister will put up a fight when she is presented with the terms of an extension.

Fortunately like much of the news it didn't happen and was all wind.

Still no reply from DSD

BREXITEERS behold your betrayal! Sold down the river by Brexit means Brexit We are Leaving on March 29th May. We remainers salute her indefatigability!

UKIP or Brexit Party - vote now to let Jezza in.  Remain , Set and Match.  We Reamainers feel like you did on that glorious day over a 1000 days ago. As Charlie Sheen would say WINNNING! Conversely, you must feel like we did - sorry about that. Thank you, Theresa and our friends in the EU, for getting us over the line in the end. 

Please don't feed me I'm full to bursting already.....

“Bliss it was in that dawn to be alive
But to be young was very heaven.”

12108788-6906321-image-a-7_1554916701497.jpg&key=b40704c15298ae2cab908564c3f9f631254fcee71d464a349dc9fa2f33dae1c7

12108774-6906321-image-a-10_1554916781190.jpg&key=64caa2adb9e255bb4789b36a33f451e0f40957edb0fa427a8f3dec3b008f8b1c

27 minutes ago, tebee said:

So extension to October 31st it is then !

They called it a guillotine extension, if a deal is agreed????, it would be sooner, but we still have to go through the rigmarole of EU elections.????

1 minute ago, vogie said:

They called it a guillotine extension, if a deal is agreed????, it would be sooner, but we still have to go through the rigmarole of EU elections.????

If the uk has to elect MEPs, then I'm hoping that the result will give both the uk and eu politicians a bit of a fright!

2 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

If the uk has to elect MEPs, then I'm hoping that the result will give both the uk and eu politicians a bit of a fright!

I think there will be conditions to our extension, only one has emerged so far, Prince Harry and Meghan have to give their first born to the EU.

8 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Your EU membership is a contract under international law. 

That Billy Cash is talking about challenging in a UK court the UK government breaking UK law. 

Notice anything? 

Nah, Too fick! ????

3 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Fortunately like much of the news it didn't happen and was all wind.

So ...you did  read the fine print from the new extension already....?  It' is again  hidden in those strange wordings ….Even news papers are still deciphering .... :whistling:....some important decisions about the "good working" of the E.U. are only for the 27 to make ….:thumbsup:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/commentisfree/2019/apr/11/the-eus-new-october-extension-finishes-off-may-and-her-deal   

Britain will remain in the EU until the end of October this year, but diminished in power and status, :post-4641-1156693976:....with a review of its conduct....:post-4641-1156693976: set for the end of June. It is the marital equivalent of being sent to sleep in the spare bedroom,:post-4641-1156693976: if not quite the garden shed. :wink:

34 minutes ago, david555 said:

So ...you did  read the fine print from the new extension already....?  It' is again  hidden in those strange wordings ….Even news papers are still deciphering .... :whistling:....some important decisions about the "good working" of the E.U. are only for the 27 to make ….:thumbsup:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/commentisfree/2019/apr/11/the-eus-new-october-extension-finishes-off-may-and-her-deal   

Britain will remain in the EU until the end of October this year, but diminished in power and status, :post-4641-1156693976:....with a review of its conduct....:post-4641-1156693976: set for the end of June. It is the marital equivalent of being sent to sleep in the spare bedroom,:post-4641-1156693976: if not quite the garden shed. :wink:

Seems more than likely, but why on earth would the eu want the uk to take part in the next round of MEP elections?

Could this possibly hold the uk to the next round of eu budget commitments?

Genuine questions, as it makes no sense to me.

1 minute ago, dick dasterdly said:

Seems more than likely, but why on earth would the eu want the uk to take part in the next round of MEP elections?

Could this possibly hold the uk to the next round of eu budget commitments?

Genuine questions, as it makes no sense to me.

They don't like it …, but it is not to avoid by the legality of their own rules , just trying to circumvent it as much as possible ...inevitable collateral damage / solution , the both sides ducking reality...

16 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Have you read Peter Oborne's thoughtful and careful volte-face as regards Brexit. He has said all that needs to be said and I note no Brexiteer here to my knowledge has done a rebuttal except to mouth slogans and platitudes. He fears the collapse of the WTO and with it the Brexiteers cunning plan. Sorry things are going your way but hey that's life. When the facts change then opinions should change. 

Good split the Brexit vote , split the Tories all hail Comrade Corbyn.  

I think you'd feel A LOT more at home here. Maybe you should consider decamping for 'redder pastures'? While you're at it please pack Comrade Corbyn and his politburo prat Comrade Mc'Donnell in your hold luggage and do the UK a massive favour!

Ta ????

image.png.fa025f64aee19b44240fadd368db5c66.png

Archived