Pattaya Songkran: Hotel bookings well down as tourists stay away

webfact

Oh panic, panic, and stupid short term activities can only attract some chinese travelling in a tour group!

May they start thinking of stopping the ripp offs you face everywhere in Thailand. There are so many opportunitirs, nicer and cheaper than Pattaya/Thailand.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Kim J said:

Given that there was recently elections held in Thailand, maybe people are staying away fearing the military coup that usually follows?

This election is the next military coup.

No western tourists want to come to Pattaya at Songkran and get soaking wet every time you leave your hotel.This stupid thing goes on for a whole week, one day is enough. When tourists authorities

understand this perhaps some more farangs will come even during Songkran.

TAT's beloved Chinese tourist dies not want to participate in a dirty water and talcum powder fight. Older tourists, same same. I notice too many Thais trying to get a farang right in the face with water. They think it  funny to be higher up on the food chain for a few days. 

Myself and a few of my mates have been coming to Pattaya/bangkok 2 to 3 times a year for the last 6 years. this year we are going to cambodia and then next trip to the philippines, why, because we spend a lot of money, most of us including me are retired or semi retired, and yes we come for the bars and music and girls, and the food and relaxation, but dealing with crooked cops numerous times ( plus we have given up hiring any form of motorbike or jetski or basically hiring anything except pussy) trying to be ripped off by bars and anything that breaths, we are over this place, not much fun banging a bargirl and shes either picking her nose or browsing her phone. They also could do with a good bath, they smell, must be all the spice they eat coming thru the body pores. Anyway going by what some other friends have told us, cambodia ( and vietnam) and the philippines s++t all over thailand for friendliness, less corruption and great friendly women and so much cheaper,( more bangs for your bucks) sorry thailand you have only yourselves to blame for losing tourists, wake up and be grateful people want to come and spend big. Many aussies, including families are so disappointed when returning from a holiday saying never again, a lot go to pattaya thinking its a family resort with a tropical beach, boy are they disappointed. wake up thailand, bali is a s++thole but even thats better than thailand now.

43 minutes ago, Formaleins said:

Yes well, they will probably do their normal trick- simply bump up all the prices so those that do visit compensate for those with more sense. They can never see it though, they keep ripping people off over and over again then wonder why no one comes back! Total stupidity.

I love it when i see a menu with all stickers over the prices...the best is when they put sticker over sticker....

7 minutes ago, johng50 said:

Many aussies, including families are so disappointed when returning from a holiday saying never again, a lot go to pattaya thinking its a family resort with a tropical beach, boy are they disappointed.

I was just in Bali, I thought all the Ozzies were there!

3 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Hang on a minute, where are all the families we hear so much about that just can't stay away from the World Class Resort?

So right. Perhaps they have been following what has been going on; smog, pollution, homicides, assaults, scams, corruption, repression and so on. The days of instant news/videos makes it hard to cover up reality, regardless of the country of origin.

3 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Hang on a minute, where are all the families we hear so much about that just can't stay away from the World Class Resort?

They disappeard together With the Beach - Well done … :clap2:

20 minutes ago, fruitman said:

I love it when i see a menu with all stickers over the prices...the best is when they put sticker over sticker....

And the red lights at night so after a few beers the thousand baht notes look like a hundred. The scamming is everywhere

Ha ha. So now for the lucky lucky residents of Pattaya Songkran will go for 10 days now. April 11 to 20!!  Better get out those moto bikes RIGHT NOW and pick up another days worth of food, water and Chang!!  Let the extra moaning begin. 

2 hours ago, puukao said:

how many sexpats are there in this world? 

there is one I know of for sure in Hua Hin.

To look at him, you would think he is a bright and successful guy.

But he spends all this money on having sex with different women all the time.

Poor bastard.

58 minutes ago, Kjell Flodin said:

No western tourists want to come to Pattaya at Songkran and get soaking wet every time you leave your hotel.This stupid thing goes on for a whole week, one day is enough. When tourists authorities

understand this perhaps some more farangs will come even during Songkran.

songkran didnt used to bother me...now that it goes on for longer and getting more crazy--i leave the country for a week-this time-Taiwan..

3 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Poor bastard.

Hopefully you are not watching this guy in Your bathroom Mirror every morning … :whistling:

2 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Poor bastard.

only envious people would say 'poor bastard' not me-id say...' lucky bastard'...keep it up....literally.. hehe

22 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

I like Songkran, but the problem I see that it goes on too long in Pattaya. Three days would be enough, but 9-11 days of being drenched by drunk <deleted> in Chang vests gets on your wick. 

At least those in Chang vests might be arrested this year, if you can believe the news...

Rooster

21 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Easier to get to, what is it 3 hours from Perth?

yep right, and 5 hours from melbourne where i live, but as my post we trying cambodia end of may

and about august philippines, im afraid thailand well off our list

Archived